Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
mod edit: current thread rules:

DO NOT POST ANYTHING FROM THIS FORUM.

Quotes that are not sourced are legally your own.

Only post things you find funny, not stuff you got mad at

Do not post things from bigots or things that would constitute any kind of hate speech. Use your brain.

Meanwhile, in "it's a cult" news:
https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1537481519278788608

Who is Chris Regal and why is this thread dedicated to his memory:
https://twitter.com/tnameccaquotes/status/888190892338794496

I think it's time to move on from this thread since in the five years since it was posted new sources of comedy have appeared: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3095402&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1 It's Wrestlemania time too so insanity will be peaking in a day or two.

My favorite, Joe Babinsack. You can find his articles on the front page of F4W/Observer, and you can see how quickly Tony notices they are up and removes Babinsack's name from the title. While peeing the latest Babinsack do the following:

1. Take note of how quickly he references talking to Bruno Sammartino.
2. Try to forget what the title of the article is and see if you can figure out what the topic is just by reading it.
3. Count how many paragraphs are full paragraphs and how many sentences are complete sentences.

quote:

WrestleMania is nearly upon us, but the WWE doesn't need me to sell their "Superbowl".

What intrigues me next week is the possibility that a big name gets involved in the industry, one with history, experience and deep pockets.

Some of that history is the same that lead us to TNA: which once boasted of a Kings of Wrestling (not the Hero/Castagnoli version) that was a bit disconcerting, and which did lead to drama, Dixie Carter and Vince Russo.

So I’m a little less exuberant about Jeff Jarrett, but intrigued nonetheless.

I’m intrigued because Jarrett has the background, the experience and the tie to Toby Keith that could make his endeavor more meaningful than most. I’m intrigued because if Jarrett is in, he could be motivated to be successful. He must be motivated, because the landscape already has a few promotions in existence already that are either going through the motions, pretending to be what they are not, and then another layer of solid but relatively unknowns that can’t seem to get the traction, can’t get anywhere near the notice, of a fan base that is so unlike the 1990’s that it is frightening.

The landscape of professional wrestling is scary because we’re living in an industry that is so used to the monolithic WWE, for a decade and a half, that all other wrestling is illegitimate in the eyes of the mainstream fans.There are so many aspects about a professional wrestling promotion that the best intents and an excellence in one or two aspects cannot spell success.

Having a strong cable TV station doesn’t guarantee success (ask TNA).

Having a roster of excellence doesn’t guarantee mainstream attention (ask ROH).

Having a mix of creativity and passion hasn’t attracted bigger audiences (ask CHIKARA).

To me, the one thing a promotion needs in this day, is something different in its approach. Credibility is a joke in professional wrestling, because credibility was one of the first victims of Vincent K. McMahon, and credibility isn’t even a zombie in this modern era.

Brock Lesnar could provide it, but who’s really thinking that he’d break the vaunted Streak?

It’s hard to talk credibility because too many fans have no conception of it. I claim some understanding of it, because of my talks with Bruno Sammartino, and without spelling out his levels of disgust or criticisms or annoyances, I’ve learned from his mastery.
Professional wrestling is a performance, but it requires layers beyond just what goes on in the ring. In Old School lingo, that concept of kayfabe was so important, obviously because the practitioners of this form of “magic” wanted to guard their secret.

But above that, there was a definite sense of approaching the fundamental concept of professional wrestling with a respect that just doesn’t seem to matter anymore. That lack of respect is so telling at every point of interaction, from the talent that won’t play along with the charade, from this generation of fans that never truly participated in it, from the support cast that themselves sneer at things, and worst of all, those so-called creative types that just don’t get it.

Professional wrestling these days is a TV show.

It’s all about filling time, playing with a static roster, running away from sports and credibility and pretending to be professional wrestling, when far too many decision makers don’t get it.

There’s more to be said, more to rant about, but at the same time, my intent was to suggest some “draft picks” for a Jeff Jarrett promotion. I wanted to go all ESPN with this, with the grades that would annoy many (ala Bill Polian), with the selections much like an expansion team (no more than 2 from any promotion, pretending that they are established teams), and with an eye to building a solid roster.

But that’s the mentality of a modern day approach to the sport, even if I approach it from sports references.

Putting together a strong cast of talent isn’t a guarantee of success. If it was, then ROH would have made waves years ago, instead of seeing so many of its talent make waves in bigger oceans. Putting together a strong cast of talent didn’t do all that much for the NWA in the 1980’s. WCW had an extremely strong cast of talent in the mid to late 1990’s, and that exploded/imploded because and then because of it.

I’ve said for years that TNA in the mid to late 00’s had probably the best assemblage of former Champions, recent Champions and acclaimed talents. And where did that get TNA?

The problem with professional wrestling is that the modern version is way too static (despite the piles and piles of names that never had a chance, barely got a chance and failed in their chances despite their best efforts). The problem is that professional wrestling is built on ridiculous notions of parity, and too many faces all at the same level, and an amazingly short-sighted notion that talent gets their turn.

But then again, no one really gets their turn, and despite the negative (how can I work the planet “Qward” into this) booking that sees Daniel Bryan succeed despite having every opposite-professional wrestling-common sense notion being involved, I’m not sure if any fan actually thinks Bryan gets any longevity in any potential Championship run.

So, to cut short my “Draft” picks, here’s a list of guy’s I’d want to put on my roster. The almost all of these could be a centerpiece to a new promotion, with the right opponents, the proper booking and allowing them to run with their talents, attitude or look.

Uhaa Nation, Samoa Joe, Chuck Taylor, Michael Elgin, Dolph Ziggler, Zack Ryder, Michael Bennett, AR Fox, YAMATO, Kota Ibushi.
Sure, there are role players I’d suggest, guys like Jimmy Jacobs or Roderick Strong or even crazy ones like Marion Fontaine or sentimental favorites like Gregory Irons.

By the way, I list Zack Ryder because I know he would make the most of any opportunity.

I also list some top notch smaller Japanese guys for building a lighter weight Champion (throw in Ricochet and Johnny Gargano as well), and I absolutely avoided the nonsense of suggesting top New Japan names, because that ain’t going to happen.
But who could be a top pick, if I were choosing someone to build a promotion around?

Sting
Long-term, foolish. Short-term he could be someone that could get some mainstream recognition. Obviously the problem with Sting is that he’s more likely to cash in a more sure check from the WWE and go out with their good graces. The other problem is that he didn’t do much for TNA, and he basically put over Magnus to the chirping sounds of crickets.

Kurt Angle
Kurt is still one of the best on most of the days, and by most scuttlebutt, probably has the ties to Jarrett to land a top role. Angle remains great, but also has that scary side of his career that should not be ignored. Angle would be a better choice than Sting, since he has that elusive “credibility” and his size allows a lot more interaction with whomever would be a long term focus.

Takeshi Morishima
I’ve always been a fan of the big, ole Terry Gordy lookalike from Japan, and Morishima has a definite size and different approach that would set him apart. He could be a monster heel that launches another Champion with a short term or long term run. Size and ability gives him “credibility” and the big positive is that he is not a mainstream name, he does have the legacy of his Ring of Honor run to get the smart crowd behind him, and would likely have the motivation necessary to make a splash.

La Sombra
Rey Mysterio is just not on my list. Sorry. But there are a lot of talented Luchadores, with La Sombra being Dave Meltzer’s favorite, and rightly so with his talent, potential and … well, size. Tying into the Hispanic market and that cultural affinity for professional wrestling is quite important. Having a guy who can be acrobatic, have a distinctly different style and has big match experience are all big plusses.

CM Punk
My initial take on Punk was no way. Too much of a mainstream figure, too far removed from his ROH days, but after further review, if Punk wants it, he would be motivated. Could he be gotten at a price that would be meaningful to both sides? That’s the big question. His style is too much of the same, but his resonance with the WWE as the undercurrent of fan discontent (whether or not something big happens with Bryan) could get the attention of a percentage of the WWE Universe, which would make him more valuable than most other options.

Sting or Kurt Angle. Joe is a treasure.

TNAsylum is a TNApologist site, and TNAMecca is a hardcore TNA apologist site.

TNAsylum recently posted their vision statement.

http://www.tnasylum.com/2014/03/tnasylum-vision-statement.html

quote:

TNAsylum Vision Statement
Dear Readers,

Due to professional obligations the past few months, TNAsylum has not been running at full capacity. With that said, our 4-Year Anniversary is coming up in May and we have every intention of changing that. Our anniversary will celebrate our site's growth and history and will include giving out the second ever TNAsylum Pioneer Award.

TNAsylum is proud to be a site of firsts. We were the first TNA-exclusive site to focus heavily on columns. We were one of the first TNAsylum-exclusive sites to provide weekly IMPACT Wrestling coverage. Many TNA Writers around the net got their start at TNAsylum first.. We were also one of the first sites to present Weekly Discussion posts. We hope this pattern will continue way past 2014.

I like to describe TNAsylum as a "TNA buffet." People who come to our site should expect a wide variety of news, columns, coverage and other features related to TNA. If someone strictly wants news then they can click on it. If they want columns then we have a large number of excellent writers on our team. If they don't like spoilers, they don't have to click on them. We are providing them the choice if they like it. We are making it available to you and not forcing you to read anything you don't want to.

Another distinct feature of our site is our community. The TNAsylum community is unique in that we cater to TNA fans and not TNA fanboys. We understand that building a site for TNA fans should be enough. We shouldn't have to tell our readers what they are allowed to like or not.

We will be focusing on two major components from now on: Tolerance and Constructive Criticism. We understand that we have so many different types of TNA Fans. We aren't looking for trolls (we have one on staff) but people who actually enjoy the product in some form. If you don't enjoy the product or don't foresee yourself enjoying the product in the near future, our site isn't for you. As a matter of fact, I would suggest that you take a break from watching the show.

We want fans of all types. We also want readers who can show tolerance of other opinions. It can be a difficult task to understand that not every opinion is the same for some people but we discourage that thought. We don't allow personal attacks but constructive discussion.

This brings me to the second component: constructive criticism. We don't expect you to love everything about TNA. We know that TNA isn't all sunshine and rainbows and that there are things certain fans enjoy or don't. Entertainment is subjective and we recognize that. With that said, any criticism you have of the product needs to be constructive. This means you have to detail why you don't like something or why something doesn't work for you. There won't be any "TNA is dying" arguments or crapping on someone else because of their opinion.

We are proud of our wide set of features as well as what we have accomplished in our four-year history. We will continue to celebrate the life of TNA as well as the opinion of our readers. After all, there is only one "TNA Haven."

TNA Mecca provided some deep analysis of Willow:

http://www.tnamecca.com/2014/04/in-willows-way.html

quote:

“We love. We hate. We die forever late. In Willow’s way…” These are the words that ended every promo that introduced Jeff Hardy’s Willow persona to the Impact fans leading to Lockdown. Some fans didn’t know what to expect while other fans that have followed Hardy since the OMEGA days at least had an idea. Personally I think Willow has exceeded my expectations thus far. So here’s what we got as of now.

As we all of have seen from his first promos we have a darker character than the fan friendly Jeff Hardy. A maniacal laugh that will send chills down your spine and a new look that goes along with it. While some have been critical of his in-ring attire to me it makes perfect sense. Sure you could say he’s wearing the same thing he would as Jeff Hardy just with the Willow mask. However I look at it that no matter how crazy Willow gets the in-ring attire is just a reminder that Jeff Hardy is still in there. As far as Willow’s skull trench coat and black and white umbrella most fans seem to like it. Myself included.

It’s been said that actions speak louder than words. In the case of Willow both speak pretty loud. His words have left those that he was talking to both mesmerized and perplexed. His actions pretty much mirror those same reactions. Willow is not looking for wins at this point but to bring revenge to those who have wronged him. For example look at what he did to Rockstar Spud.

He got his revenge on Spud for costing him the title. Obviously the win didn't matter as much as making him pay for what he did. This later led to EC3 getting involved and we all know how that turned out more recently. Not the best for those guys. Definitely not a good idea to go after Willow in his own backyard.

What does the future hold for Willow? Where does he go after he gets revenge on all those that wronged him? As we saw from last night's Impact he's obviously not finished with Rockstar Spud. Will he become the next World Heavyweight Champion? Maybe but even if he doesn't get that shot I’m fine with it. I can see some more feuds for Willow along with more of his violent attacks. You know that’s not going to settle well with some of the others which will create some interesting stories down the road.

Willow has been a very enjoyable persona for me to watch on Impact thus far. I had seen him in OMEGA and knew what he was capable of so I had no doubt he would come across well on Impact. I just didn't know how well. Just as Jeff Hardy is and so is his persona of Willow you have to expect the unexpected. One thing for sure is that it will be done in Willow’s way.

Let's not forget twitter:

quote:

Thomas W Hinkle ‏@Thomas_Hinkle 10m

@TNADixie @SpikeTV STAY AWAY FROM TNA WRESTLING, YOU, HOGAN AND BISCHOFF TRIED TO KILL TNA, MVP IS HERE TO BRING BACK TNA WRESTLING!

quote:

Eric Abramov ‏@eric_abramov 1h

@TNADixie @SpikeTV well tna certainly does not feel the same without you im looking forward to seeing you return to impact

quote:

ricky carter ‏@Cmack69KS1 4h

@TNADixie bring back the six sided ring... Separate @IMPACTWRESTLING from that Weak Wrestling Entertainment

quote:

Hellraiser ‏@ritalongfellow 7h

@The305MVP @TNADixie i would like to join tna but i need to train first can you help me?

quote:

Christina Eisenhart ‏@ChristinaEisenh 22h

@TNADixie @SpikeTV ugh you being on tna makes me want to stop watching it seriously it was better with out u

Jesse Penner ‏@penjess 10h

@ChristinaEisenh @TNADixie @SpikeTV Hate is stupid, especially toward someone made TNA great from now to the beginning. On camera or not

quote:

Christian German ‏@Champion_523 13h

@TNADixie guess what

Christian German ‏@Champion_523 13h

@TNADixie hey Dixie

DO NOT POST ANYTHING FROM THIS FORUM.

Quotes that are not sourced are legally your own.

Only post things you find funny, not stuff you got mad at

Do not post things from bigots or things that would constitute any kind of hate speech. Use your brain.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Dec 25, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

quote:

The IWC Can Burn.

I don’t know why I bothered checking these sites again, but it was because of Warrior’s death. But Jesus Christ do these people suck. I’m pretty sure after this experience, I may just make sure to not watch WWE for another 5 years again other than old shows of people I actually like. I’ll watch Daniel Bryan again when he’s fired from the WWE like CM Punk for a 1,000th Cena title run and is on TNA. That’s going to happen, mark my words. WWE fans are like Charlie Brown with the football. At least I watch a wrestling show I enjoy every single week.

And they’ve been literally crying that TNA would go out of business since 2002, I was there online in 2002 and saw that. Same crap for 12 years. At least NWA or AWA fans didn’t have to put up with that kind of crap before the internet.

But the awesome thing is I can just go back to not reading that IWC garbage and enjoying the product like I have been since 2007. You know being a fan, not some pathetic internet critic that has a worse attitude than Comic Book Guy.

I hope Eric Young has that title for a year. Should go longer than Bobby Roode’s title run as far as I’m concerned. He’s got the skills and is entertaining as hell. I also liked being able to watch a main even title match where the booking wasn’t spelled out for you months beforehand. I was actually in suspense and rooting for someone who I thought would lose, and he won. What a great feeling!

That's going to happen, mark my words. Also gently caress good storytelling.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
He's right, AWA fans only had to put up with it for about 8 years.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

THE NUMBERS DON'T LIE SMARKS!!!

quote:

CM Punk has held both the WWE and World title a collective 5 times and then quit the company because he felt like he would never get to the top

Daniel Bryan has just won his 4th WWE/World title, giving the fans what they wanted with him “finally winning the title”

Eric Young wins his first world championship after 10 years of working hard for TNA, and THEY’RE the ones ripping people off

you “smarks” don’t really sound all that smart when the numbers get put out there

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
I thought Josh Nason's article on who to blame if the Network crashes during Wrestlemania to be particularly moronic.
http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/96-wwe/36301-on-wwe-if-the-wrestlemania-feed-crashes-dont-blame-wwe-blame-yourself

He starts talking about HBO GO crashing, and he somehow immediately knows who to blame: YOU PEOPLE. You see, of all the myriad of things that can go wrong broadcasting HD content over the internet, clearly the problem is password sharing. If the stream goes down, you shouldn't blame WWE, nope, you shouldn't blame MLBAM, nope, this is all the fans' fault. WWE couldn't possible account for this, add extra capacity and redundant systems. Nope, it's all your fault, for password sharing, and if the stream goes down, you have only yourselves to blame.

The WWE Network, by the way, doesn't allow multiple logins at the same time (source), which I was able to find in about 30 seconds, and the Wrestlemania stream was fine.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Meat Recital posted:

The WWE Network, by the way, doesn't allow multiple logins at the same time (source),

This isn't actually true, several people on this very forum have been able to login on multiple devices at once, including myself.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

TheJoker138 posted:

This isn't actually true, several people on this very forum have been able to login on multiple devices at once, including myself.

Was that to watch Wrestlemania or just general viewing?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

sorry for breaking rules but since it fits with discussion i just wanna say that mlb.tv allows for like 5 concurrent logons, and even though wwe network says 1 user ever or whatever, i've shared with a friend across the country and have had 0 repercussions. obviously could change at any time and we'll be hosed but not a peep so far

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
EDIT: was this supposed to be funny? no idea what i was thinking with this

EDIT EDIT: was not offensive or anything just absolute word salad

lol but fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jun 2, 2019

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

TNA totally did it better.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

quote:

He Deserves it:
When you talk TNA Originals and guys who have the company's back, look no further than EY. Here's a guy that has done EVERYTHING the company has asked of him. From playing the goofball of Team Canada, to being an awkward virgin, to a wannabe superhero; Young has done it all and you never hear about him complaining. He always gives 110 percent every time he's out there, from going all the way with his comedic performances to bumping his rear end off in the ring, he has no lower gear, and I'm sure his run as champion; however long it may be; will prove no different.

EY fits current trend in wrestling:
TNA diehards have always loved Eric Young and have been behind him no matter what he has been doing. They see the guy working hard for their money and they appreciate it. However, there is more to the Eric Young title win than just him being beloved. The current culture of wrestling fans seem to be behind the underdog right now, look no further than the Yes Movement "up north." No longer are they taking the hulking heroes being shoved down their throats, they know the nuances of wrestling better than most promoters will give them credit for and they know what they want and what they don't and fans are letting companies know. They made it clear on Impact this week, they wanted EY.

Creating Buzz:
People are talking and that's a good thing. Magnus' title reign wasn't the epic run that people (and TNA) had hoped for. He was labeled a lame duck champion who no one was interested in. That's not a knock on Magnus' performance as the guy is great, but let's face it, he wasn't lighting the world on fire. Eric Young is a new fresh face in the title scene that is already WAAAY over with the TNA fanbase. Plus, if this is going to be the "new era" of TNA, why not push someone who is as outside the box as they come? I guarantee you people who turned off TNA for whatever reason, will tune in to see what they'll do with EY as champion, as he is someone fans will always remember.

OK, so I'd hate to be a downer, but let's take a look at the flipside:

The story sounds awful familiar:
Yes! Yes! Yes! It does seem like what TNA did on Impact this week was a condensed version of what WWE did with Daniel Bryan. From the fans in the Impact Zone chanting "YES", to Eric Young having to wrestle more than once in one night, all the way down to the beard. I have NO DOUBT that the anti-TNA brigade will point out how 'unoriginal" the story is. It's unavoidable. The challenge will be for TNA creative to make the story their own and perhaps do it BETTER than WWE.

Is EY Believable as World Champ?
His size can come into question here, but he's bigger than even some past TNA champs, so that's not why I question his believability. It's more will the people see him as a credible champion or will they just see the comedy act? Eric did the whole serious character when he was in World Elite and while the gimmick had potential it seemed to flop with the crowd and he was quickly back to mid card comedy. Are fans ready for a serious World Champion Eric Young?

Will it Last?
Was this just done for shock value? Are we getting our hopes up? Will Magnus be champ again by Sacrifice? Was this just a one night thing to pop a rating? These are questions I have when it comes to EY's win. Was this a change in direction or was this more of a "thanks for the loyalty" title win. Time will tell on this one.

Either way you look at it, it is exciting and interesting to be a TNA fan right now as the possibilities are endless in the World title picture. If you're not watching TNA right now I ask you why not? ERIC YOUNG IS WORLD CHAMPION

TNAMecca.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I love the argument that Eric Young worked hard to get to where he is, and Daniel Bryan didn't do much at all

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Job enough and you cycle right around to championship material. Dues paid in full, brother.

Also lol @ 'pop a rating'

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

triplexpac posted:

I love the argument that Eric Young worked hard to get to where he is, and Daniel Bryan didn't do much at all

Also I don't think anyone is talking poo poo about Young himself. Dude HAS worked hard and is a solid worker with charisma. But he wasn't in the 'Daniel Bryan' spot. He was in the 'Heath Slater' spot, and TNA apparently did nothing before this to change that. And this is the company that made people give a poo poo about James Storm by BUILDING to his title shot! Spend a month having Young beat more credible guys and Magnus first laughs him off, then starts ducking him, before he manages to get maybe his one and only shot, then you MIGHT have something. But taking an opening match job guy and hot-shotting the belt to him in an obvious attempt to cash in on the hottest angle on the industry leader's biggest show of the year? How can anyone, with the rosiest coloured glasses, see that as comparable?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Eric Young has worked YEARS overtime compared to Bryan!!! I mean sure he's worked 59 matches for TNA in the last 2 years compared to Daniel Bryans FOUR HUNDRED THIRTY EIGHT* in WWE - but EY IS A MUCH HARDER WORKER!!!!!!!

*Yes. That number is real. I can't believe it either.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Apr 12, 2014

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

HulkaMatt posted:

Eric Young has worked YEARS overtime compared to Bryan!!! I mean sure he's worked 59 matches for TNA in the last 2 years compared to Daniel Bryans FOUR HUNDRED THIRTY EIGHT* in WWE - but EY IS A MUCH HARDER WORKER!!!!!!!

Jesus Christ.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
But Eric Young had to do comedy skits! He worked so hard in them! Bryan never had to do any of that!!!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
One time I saw EY at a live event and he took off his trunks and had other trunks underneath them. Championship quality wrestling.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Two televised singles match wins in 2 years sounds like championship material to me, don't know what you're all talking about - tnamecca

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

HulkaMatt posted:

Holy poo poo

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Also funny to say all Bryan did was chant yes and bitch and moan about his shot when Bryan has said in interviews time and time again that he considers his passiveness to be one of his biggest downfalls.

Also, funny complaining about that when the only reason anyone can find why EY got a shot is because Bryan got his.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HulkaMatt posted:

Where do you get those stats from? I say that seriously. I didn't realize there was a site was stats that comprehensive.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It's also funny because I'm almost positive Eric Young's character (I think during World Elite) complained about all the stupid stuff he'd been booked to do.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

MassRafTer posted:

It's also funny because I'm almost positive Eric Young's character (I think during World Elite) complained about all the stupid stuff he'd been booked to do.

Eric Young's world elite character was absolutely "I'm not being a clown for you anymore"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Skinty McEdger posted:

Eric Young's world elite character was absolutely "I'm not being a clown for you anymore"

Although that was more a Jericho rip-off than anything, I think. It certainly had the 'monotone bad guy that speaks slowly and wears a suit' thing going on.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

gfanikf posted:

Where do you get those stats from? I say that seriously. I didn't realize there was a site was stats that comprehensive.

Cagematch.net

Bryan Match Listing:: http://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=86&page=4
Eric Match Listing: http://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=1686&page=4

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Turns out WWE has been ripping off TNA this whole time, TNA did the awkward virgin storyline before WWE gave it to Bryan and the Bellas!

I wanted to add a wave of tweets to Dixie praising the EY move and sucking up to her but there wasn't a single positive tweet sent to her in the last week other than a couple of people who wanted to go to a TNA house show.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Please refer to Mr. Babinsack as Professional Wrestling Intellectual, Joseph L. Babinsack, Jr. TIA

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I appreciate the fact that this thread is starting off strong as a LOLTNA thread

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

NickRoweFillea posted:

I appreciate the fact that this thread is starting off strong as a LOLTNA thread

Well most comments about WWE are really stupid for other reasons, like claiming Bray Wyatt got buried or that AJ losing to Paige was a burial and she's clearly on her way out of the company. Or that Steve Austin and JR are morons because they say there's no money in Cena turning heel.

ChaosSmurf
Dec 26, 2011

Onmi posted:

Well most comments about WWE are really stupid for other reasons, like claiming Bray Wyatt got buried or that AJ losing to Paige was a burial and she's clearly on her way out of the company. Or that Steve Austin and JR are morons because they say there's no money in Cena turning heel.

Plus all the dumbest stuff said about WWE is already on this forum to begin with.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Right now WWE's coasting on some goodwill with most of the IWC. Bryan's got the belts, AJ lost but the new champ isn't a random Total Divas member, the Network didn't implode last Sunday, etc. Everyone's kinda chill.

They will screw up again and then the DRAMA! will begin.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Babinsack is wrestling's Thomas Friedman and talking to Bruno is his riding in a Bangalore taxi

Please do not peep the new Babinsack

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

"Mortimer Plumbtree" at TNAsylum regularly rounds off his weekly column with a series of rhetorical questions. Normally they are pretty obnoxious, this week they're pretty special.

(edited down to just the appropriate questions)

quote:

Are you, like me, still shocked over the passing of the Ultimate Warrior?

And doesn't it make you realize we need to complain less, and appreciate the work of these guys while we can?

With that said, hasn't it been awhile since there has been a good ole fashioned IWC TNA bashing? What gives?

Who saw this Eric Young win coming? Anyone?

And how many of you already are tired of the Daniel Bryan comparisons?

There goes that bashing hiatus, huh?

ChaosSmurf
Dec 26, 2011

Skinty McEdger posted:

"Mortimer Plumbtree" at TNAsylum regularly rounds off his weekly column with a series of rhetorical questions. Normally they are pretty obnoxious, this week they're pretty special.

(edited down to just the appropriate questions)

good lord does he ever need to stop writing, break his keyboard, pee in his computer and go to live as a hermit

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

His rhetorical questions thing really really annoys me.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It reminds me of religious nuts who ask questions with actual answers thinking that asking a question is proof of something.

:byodood: IF THE EARTH IS ROUND HOW COME I CAN'T SEE THE BACK OF MY OWN HEAD THROUGH A TELESCOPE HUH? HUH???

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Saw this WWE conspiracy video on twitter basically saying that WWE killed Warrior:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG4rl_zTsFM

Now the video is crazy enough on its own but the comments are pretty funny too

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Cm puck was right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

schweens posted:

Saw this WWE conspiracy video on twitter basically saying that WWE killed Warrior:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG4rl_zTsFM

Now the video is crazy enough on its own but the comments are pretty funny too

Vince McMahon is a literal murderer, I wish CM Punk would go back and work for his company again because then he could get on the microphone and tell me how bad Vince is! :saddowns: