Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
alright I won’t post rovert tweets anymore not even in this thread

edit: just wanna say i never did it to upset people. i think its clear irish trev does talk to people in multiple companies and occasionally posts interesting tidbits. he also tweets weirdly worded stuff that i personally found amusing.

Seams fucked around with this message at 02:36 on May 23, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

the legacy of rovert lives on

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Sydney Bottocks posted:

You know what? I haven't had a "nice meltdown" in the nearly 20 years I've been posting on these dead forums, so I figure I'm entitled to one. So here goes:

If the Rovert Appreciation Society wants to poo poo up this thread (and probably the rest of PSP as a whole) by posting their favorite Irish weirdo's lies, drat lies, and goalpost shiftings, then by all means go right ahead. I won't be complaining about it any more because gently caress it, I'm out. Peace.

i appreciate that you chose May to do this :hai:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
FWIW I don't want to read intentional lies from hosed up idiot weirdos. I want to read genuinely stupid opinions from dumbasses that actually believe the stuff they post

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
it'd definitely be an improvement if the thread cut down to just funny takes from people not being disingenuous on purpose. the thread actively trying to stop posting unfunny bigoted stuff was a big improvement and dropping the people who make up poo poo for engagement would also be a big leap

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Elephant Ambush posted:

FWIW I don't want to read intentional lies from hosed up idiot weirdos. I want to read genuinely stupid opinions from dumbasses that actually believe the stuff they post

flatluigi posted:

it'd definitely be an improvement if the thread cut down to just funny takes from people not being disingenuous on purpose. the thread actively trying to stop posting unfunny bigoted stuff was a big improvement and dropping the people who make up poo poo for engagement would also be a big leap

These two posters get it. Rovert never wronged me but is/was very annoying in their posting and that carries over to their tweeting as well. Dunking on actual doofuses is way more fun than anything else.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Chris Regal Memorial Thread for Jokes and Japes

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

The problem with sharing rovert's stuff is that he still reads the forums and every so often vagueposts about us on twitter.

We shouldn't give him the satisfaction of acknowledging his existence.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Sydney Bottocks posted:

You know what? I haven't had a "nice meltdown" in the nearly 20 years I've been posting on these dead forums, so I figure I'm entitled to one. So here goes:

If the Rovert Appreciation Society wants to poo poo up this thread (and probably the rest of PSP as a whole) by posting their favorite Irish weirdo's lies, drat lies, and goalpost shiftings, then by all means go right ahead. I won't be complaining about it any more because gently caress it, I'm out. Peace.

Nice meltdown

although I also agree with not wanting to see Rovert posts, him making GBS threads up every thread here made the forum unreadable for awhile

on the other hand, I also know that coming into this thread is asking for pain, so whatever, I guess

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Mox, FTR, Miro, Brody Lee, Swerve, Keith Lee, Andrade, Malakai Black, 2.0, Fish, Cole, O'Reilly, Danielson, Dustin Rhodes, Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, Samoa Joe are the only guys you could say came "directly" from WWE and all these people were in better positions in AEW that they were in the E.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Mox, FTR, Miro, Brody Lee, Swerve, Keith Lee, Andrade, Malakai Black, 2.0, Fish, Cole, O'Reilly, Danielson, Dustin Rhodes, Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, Samoa Joe are the only guys you could say came "directly" from WWE and all these people were in better positions in AEW that they were in the E.

Cool Hand and Daddy Magic pretty much came directly over too, but they are also in a much higher spot in AEW.

Edit: I just realized you had 2.0 in your post.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
I never remember what Rovert's twitter handle is

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Edit: I just realized you had 2.0 in your post.

tbf 2.0 was a stupid idea from bad creative :v:

e: content
e2: actually, no, none of that was funny, it was just Joey Janela being a dickhead to people

Venomous fucked around with this message at 01:58 on May 23, 2022

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Murphy, Nese, Spears, and Hager (if you don't count his MMA stuff) too. I'd say the first three are in better positions than they were after leaving, and I'd argue that Hager is too despite being a former world champion (granted, during a time when the world heavyweight championship meant very little).

Then you also have people like Cezar Bononi and others who may not be signed but have definitely been elevated by being in AEW.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

More from this dude

How Goldberg going to AEW could actually make sense posted:

Fact. Goldberg is the type of wrestler AEW fans don't like.

Fact. AEW fans are the type of fans that blame Goldberg for ending Bret Hart's career.

Fact. CM Punk recently called out Goldberg for ending Bret Hart's career.

Fact. Goldberg has never had a proper heel run and the one in WCW failed, they didn't even try it in WWE.

Fact. Goldberg likes money. And is willing to do jobs for big money.

Fact. Tony Khan loves spending big money on new wrestlers.

Fact. Goldberg still draws money in 2022.

So what you do is have Goldberg come into AEW as a heel and have CM Punk confront him. You start a rivalry between Punk and Goldberg which is a dream match. These are 2 of the biggest stars in the history of the industry who have never faced each other before. It draws in casual fans which AEW hasn't done much so far. And you can get Bret Hart involved. Maybe he can hit Goldberg with a chair or bear mace him setting up a Punk victory. And the crowd goes wild.

Why Rey Mysterio is technically a skinny and sober wrestling version of Babe Ruth and is overrated compared to other luchadors posted:

There is a popular saying out there. "Right place at the right time." Thats Rey Mysterio. In 2002 the Smackdown brand was the show on free TV and in the US we had a booming Hispanic population, many were poor and could not afford to see Raw because it was on cable. So WWE intentionally put Rey, Eddie and Chavo Guerrero on there as well as later Vicki Guerrero/Carlito the Mexicools/LA Familia on that show to tap into that demographic. Smart business by one of the greatest businessmen of all time Vincent Kennedy McMahon.

However what about the American audience? Most WWE fans never saw a luchador before. The ones in WCW never were pushed like Rey was in WWE. The most Rey was pushed in WCW was in his non masked version with the Filthy Animals scoring a memorable upset victory over the legendary "Big Sexy" Kevin Nash. Be that as it may he never sniffed the worlds heavyweight championship in WCW.

Rey has benefited from several things that happened by chance. He came in when WWE was trying to tap into his demographic. He was able to get a world title run simply because Eddie died and Vince wanted to make money off Eddie's death. He now gets to use his past success to prop up his talentless son's career despite the fact Dominic is a David Flair not a Charlotte. But the big thing Rey had was he was the FIRST of his kind like Babe Ruth.

Babe Ruth is the most famous baseball player of all time simply because he was the first baseball player to hit for power. He's still the most famous even though the likes of Barry Bonds, Alex Rodriguez, Mike Trout and Mickey Mantel all blew him out of the water. He did it first.

Rey Mysterio is the most famous luchador of all time because he was the first luchador popular with a mainstream audience outside of Mexico. Even though guys like Juventud or Richochet blow him away with what they do in the ring. In the ring Rey has like 5 moves. His famous moves are flashy but not that impressive.

Rey simply benefited from being right place and right time. You can't fault him for that. But it is annoying that this guy had world title runs he didn't deserve, gets to have his son pushed due to nepotism and is put on a pedestal he doesn't deserve. Just because someone is a nice guy doesn't mean they aren't overrated. Love Rey the person. I would have taken those underserved opportunities if I was in his position. That doesn't mean we should put him on the same level as The Rock, Undertaker, Cena or Steve Austin. He wasn't on Angle, Eddie or Benoit's level. He is more on a level in between Chavo and Sheamus.

Why AEW should capitalize on the release of Gunnar Harland/Parker Boudeaux. This could be the modern version of WCW releasing a young Undertaker/Austin/HHH. posted:

If I am Tony Khan right now I am shaking like I just drank 20 Red Bulls. Shaking in excitement. WWE just made one of the biggest mistakes in their modern history. They gave up on a talented young prospect with star potential far too early.

The now former Gunnar along with Bron Breaker and Gable Steveson and Theory were the future of the company. He was compared to Brock. He had the look, physique and athletic ability. He just needed polish. Just needed more training.

Well AEW needs to do what WWE did in the 90's. Take the discarded young talent from the rival promotion and tap into their star potential.

Parker Bordeaux needs to be the future of AEW. Tony should have this guy come in and be like Goldberg in WCW in 1997-1998 and destroy everyone. Build this kid up into a superstar. They have to take advantage of this. Go big or go home.

Why Jeff Jarrett was actually the best wrestler of the 2000's decade (2000-2009), probably had the single greatest decade for a pro wrestler ever in terms of achievement. posted:

Double J stared off the decade with a bang by winning 4 WCW world titles. In 2000 he was clearly WCW's wrestler of the year.Then he starts his own wrestling promotion which became the 2nd biggest in the world. 2002-2009 was clearly TNA's prime. Some balding dude named Terry Bollea showed up in January 2010 and it all went downhill. But we are talking 2000-2009 which means the period of 1-1-2000 to 12-31-2009.

Jarrett carried both companies on his back those years and had a lot of underrated matches. Was he Chris Benoit? No. But you can't name a bad Jeff Jarrett match. Every single match he was involved in was solid and entertaining. Underrated worker and while his weakness was as a baby face he was a drat good heel. If he came up today without the shadow of guys like Austin, HBK, Rock, Goldberg, Hogan etc. he would be seen as more of a star than a glorified mid carder.

6 time TNA champ. 4 time WCW champ. King of the Mountain winner won a WWA title in 2001.

You will be hard pressed to find a better wrestler in the span of that decade. He's not in my top 10 favorite wrestlers ever or my top 10 all time but he deserves respect for one of the most amazing decades of wrestling ever.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

That’s the good stuff

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Luchadors like... Ricochet.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

WWE dedicated themselves to ruining Rey Mysterio and the fact that he’s still one of the greatest is a testament to his talent.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

'You can't name a bad Jeff Jarrett match.'

loving WATCH ME.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Lamuella posted:

Luchadors like... Ricochet.

no but clearly Prince Puma was the absolute pinnacle of Mexican wrestling

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Someone is giving his money to Tony Khan again https://twitter.com/WrestleCringe/status/1528406552515858432?t=0nc_KRJjHw0p2Bak83SuWQ&s=19

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

I wonder how much longer that guy is gonna keep his pfp

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Dimebags Brain posted:

More from this dude

Trying to work out which those takes is worst but I can't they're all worst

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Vandar posted:

The problem with sharing rovert's stuff is that he still reads the forums and every so often vagueposts about us on twitter.

We shouldn't give him the satisfaction of acknowledging his existence.

It’s this.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/FontaneMick/status/1528714251677880320

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

That’s the good stuff

Agreed. That kind of nonsense is why I read this thread

Also mods please update the thread title to "you can't name a bad Jeff Jarrett match"

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Hell yes

https://twitter.com/Brave4Fox/status/1528690733791715328

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Dimebags Brain posted:

More from this dude

this guy is cool, he occasionally makes a point in these posts that i could maybe agree with or at least see the argument, but uses that point to lead to an insane conclusion.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

its me im working secretly with wwe

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

You forgot to post his enemies list

https://twitter.com/Brave4Fox/status/1528690735263928320?s=20&t=jt5ijIw2esU_Zs8LO3sowQ

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I’m so glad we’re finally hearing from the real Alexander Fox after so many tried to impersonate The Man Behind The Curtain

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I dunno why it bugs me that he put Fightful and SRS at opposite ends of the list like they're unrelated

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
After looking into that a little, it was the whole “wcw 2021 relaunch” thing that popped up a few years back, that nobody could ever figure out wtf before WWE hit it with DMCA and copywrite notices.

Sounds like this guy might have a little trouble distinguishing between reality and fantasy.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1528738179360215042

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
I want to believe that this is the real Alexander Fox, but I've been burned too many times before.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

please help my new wrestling promotion is dying @deesynder @real_jenna_jameson @grumpycat

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Awesome, someone finally booking matches that are just 30 seconds of brawling, two reversed finishers, distraction, real finish.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Gonna be hard to book an indie where the whole show is just waiting for Stone Cold to show up and stunner Vince McMahon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

Vandar posted:

'You can't name a bad Jeff Jarrett match.'

loving WATCH ME.

Jeff Jarrett vs. Mabel at Summerslam '94 comes to mind.