Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«238 »
GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/ATVS_JakeNazar/...561540323176448

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

That's a fair take. I liked Charlton but he spoke so infrequently that they would have been fine using him as a research guy passing notes to the commentary team.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

That's a fair take. I liked Charlton but he spoke so infrequently that they would have been fine using him as a research guy passing notes to the commentary team.

Charlton's translations were excellent compared to Jango's and he did a good job explaining the context of the building and match ups. Even if your problem is that he spoke too little, that's not a reason to mute the commentary.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

That guys has a lot of opinions

https://twitter.com/ATVS_JakeNazar/...899550797459457

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

This is cyber bulling and I will not stand for it.

that convoluted as gently caress series of descriptions is why twitter should go back to 140

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

plz remember that it was ~ME~ who told you that everything you like is actually really not good, because I knew all along.

All the Naito fans are upset that it's very likely his best-case for WK is yet again settling for being in the second or third most important match of the show

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

I bet against K-1

maybe they should stop stanning for the 2nd or 3rd best wrestler in the company

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

I'M VINCENT KENNEDY MCMAHONDROID DAMMIT

Chris James 2 posted:

All the Naito fans are upset that it's very likely his best-case for WK is yet again settling for being in the second or third most important match of the show

https://twitter.com/zacksabrejr/sta...292633364320256

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

Thank Travis for Travis!

#1 McElboy Fan

Chris James 2 posted:

Naito is beating Tana for the briefcase in a future six star classic so I'm not upset at all!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

PONYTAR
PONYTAR
PONYTAR

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Charlton's translations were excellent compared to Jango's and he did a good job explaining the context of the building and match ups. Even if your problem is that he spoke too little, that's not a reason to mute the commentary.

On Jango's last show the whole crowd were chanting at Yano so Kevin asked Jango for a translation and his response "what's this about now?"

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Charlton's book Lion's Pride has helped me feel like less of a novice about njpw

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Rarity posted:

On Jango's last show the whole crowd were chanting at Yano so Kevin asked Jango for a translation and his response "what's this about now?"

It was "kaere" as well which Kevin even knows because of the Taichi chant and he was throwing Jango the softest of softballs. It feels pretty obvious that Kevin prefers working with Charlton though

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Jake Nazar is a loving moron

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Charlton is the brit or possibly New Zealander guy that helped on commentary for the final, yeah? Cause with the G1 as my first major bloc of NJPW content, I like him more than the other guy I've heard that tries to translate Japanese.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I actually got frustrated trying to fit those lyrics into the melody of all star

Like, actually angry

Same. It's brain bending.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

Ms. Money

https://twitter.com/fanfiction_txt/...087392798453761

Fanfiction is scary.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Your voice may have changed but your breath is still the same.

My goodness, Hot Stuff!

Lemongrab X Roman Reigns an erotic thriller.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

Ms. Money

Too lazy to take a screengrab right now, but there are people out there who think because Asuka hasn't tweeted in almost a week on social media, that she really did get into an altercation with management backstage. Please disregard the fact that she has followed and unfollowed various accounts over this weekend alone.

I guess its unrealistic for wrestlers/celebrities to want to take a break from social media. Especially since Asuka, Kairi, (and eventually Io) seem to get some really heinous poo poo tweeted at them from time to time.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I like that all he can say about Okada is that he is a jerk but only when in character and also he's tall.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

I bet against K-1

people really take that follow/unfollow stuff super seriously.

She's probably swapping horror stories with Io and Kairi.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em

Pillbug

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dear God that take seared my eyeballs.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fun Shoe

nice

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

They're right

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Insertnamehere31
Jan 22, 2012

i used to be trolled but i found out a way to stop it. i do all kinds of stupid and gay shit. they cant troll you if you dress up as a girl and kiss them. i dont like doing it but it works

Id like to see Ronda pull out a sliced bread #2

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Ronda would probably be improved with Eva's announcer/hypeman leading into Bad Reputation

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

This can't be serious. It just can't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

andey...

eva marie and ronda are both good in wrestling

«238 »