Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I don't think they understand the meme

https://twitter.com/Fiend4FolIows/status/1365352527181586433

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Smackdown was literal dogshit for most of the year and carried hard by Bayley and Sasha.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Imagine making a The Librarians reference in 2021.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
https://twitter.com/HeelBayBay/status/1365361353096130561

when u dont understand how fan votes work

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Awards are fake

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
https://twitter.com/joemama85999616/status/1365362209858158592

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Awards are fake

* VOTING is fake.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Trying to think of ANY OTHER POPULAR WRESTLER whose gimmick can be simplified to “just drinks beer?????”

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

They apparently also don't understand the difference between a comedy jobber and a main event gimmick.

Which is why they like The Fiend so much, I guess.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

karmicknight posted:

* VOTING is fake.

WRESTLING is f- oh.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
https://twitter.com/TheMusePlayback/status/1365341253508956161?s=20

Why would anybody willingly watch a WWE documentary?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Also, this is about weekly shows. The documentaries aren't weekly.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Noted weekly WWE Network documentaries like

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I dunno, RAW is pretty close to a documentary of failure.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

karmicknight posted:

Imagine making a The Librarians reference in 2021.

Leva Bates hasn't wrestled on Dynamite since March 2020 and the Librarians gimmick is basically dead, but people gotta keep coming at us with these very fresh and relevant takes

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
can't believe the literal comedy jobber gimmick was laughable

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
When was the bug shift in the IWC or has it always been like this? I'm the early 2000s I was very much on the wrestling boards and chatrooms and just saying you liked the WWE in any capacity would get you labeled a mark but it's like completely reversed now.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

When was the bug shift in the IWC or has it always been like this? I'm the early 2000s I was very much on the wrestling boards and chatrooms and just saying you liked the WWE in any capacity would get you labeled a mark but it's like completely reversed now.

All you need to know is that all evidence we have is that the IWC hated babyface Steve Austin and thought turning him heel was a great idea.

Basically nothing has changed.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

www dot reddit dot com

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

WWE has lost a lot of goodwill over the past 7-8 years or so. It used to be a lot more positive online towards them but the reluctant push of Daniel Bryan, the forced push of Roman Reigns, the general lacklustre booking, the realization that NXT wasn’t assuring main roster success, the Saudi shows, and having their stars criticize fans on social media (eg Seth Rollins) have damaged their reputation with a lot of long time fans and it’s tough to say if people will ever return at this point.

Edit: treating their talent like poo poo hasn’t helped either

CopywrightMMXI fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Feb 26, 2021

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
that's answering 'why is the general consensus against the WWE right now' not 'why are there so many hardcore WWE fans out there' and the answer to the latter is you can find just about anyone on the internet

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

rare Magic card l00k posted:

All you need to know is that all evidence we have is that the IWC hated babyface Steve Austin and thought turning him heel was a great idea.

Basically nothing has changed.

There's always been an undercurrent of resentment towards the top face in the WWF/E.

I remember the rajahwwf boards (are those even still around?) were rabidly anti-Rock in 2000~2001, and they were hyper-critical of Cena as soon as his feud with JBL came to a close.

On the one hand, yeah, take their criticism with a healthy level of scepticism, but Vince's top lad always getting hated on despite ostensibly being a "fan favourite" is worth reflecting on, and does indicate serious endemic issues with their product. I mean, it can't just always be contrarianism, right?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Bad booking and bad shows combined with poo poo like the Saudi deal, sex pests remaining unpunished, Vince covering up a child mole station ring etc etc

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

WWE documentaries on the network are actually pretty good, if not weekly. They often present a really interesting and compelling story, which is then usually stomped upon and poo poo on by their weekly tv.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Benne posted:

Leva Bates hasn't wrestled on Dynamite since March 2020 and the Librarians gimmick is basically dead, but people gotta keep coming at us with these very fresh and relevant takes

Avalon literally isn't even a Librarian anymore. :lol:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

they do put out good ones from time to time, even today.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

It took time to find communities on the internet back then, so the conversation was dominated bt a subset of tech savvy turbonerds, me among them

Now it takes navigating to Twitter and reddit because the internet is no longer separate from the real world so the conversation is dominated by garden variety geeks

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Let’s see how Gabe Sapolsky is taking the news

https://twitter.com/Beardobones1/status/1365387229451980800?s=20

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Seams posted:

Bad booking and bad shows combined with poo poo like the Saudi deal, sex pests remaining unpunished, Vince covering up a child mole station ring etc etc

Mole stations are no joke. They can completely undermine a structure's foundation if left unchecked.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Does anyone have the original story as to how this was apparently discovered to be Gabe's account? (preferably with receipts or quotes, if they exist)

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

collocation posted:

Does anyone have the original story as to how this was apparently discovered to be Gabe's account? (preferably with receipts or quotes, if they exist)

https://www.reddit.com/r/AEWOfficial/comments/ju7ctr/burner_account_mysteriously_followed_by_evolve/

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

People being excited about wrestling is exactly why nobody is excited about wrestling!

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Thanks.

Do you have access to the tweet linked in that Reddit thread? I get:

I didn't look in to this much when it originally came up, but I remember hearing that he was following/unfollowed the account when the account had barely any followers. I just didn't know if there was more info/proof out there or not.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Evolve, noted for its large casual viewership.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

i had to scroll back because i thought this rang a bell:

https://twitter.com/shaddaypolony/status/1365484782491217920

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Mike Jones is amazing since I don't have to check anywhere for a Mike Jones take he just appears in the wild.

https://twitter.com/MikeJ0nesssssss/status/1365343103427768323

"The brainwashed observes of the observes" would make a good thread subtitle if the thread title weren't already so long.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

iwc slash smarks

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I can't believe people who enjoy wrestling are so bias against the WWE.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

MassRafTer posted:

Mike Jones is amazing since I don't have to check anywhere for a Mike Jones take he just appears in the wild.

https://twitter.com/MikeJ0nesssssss/status/1365343103427768323
...did he not realize that Chris works there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

davidbix posted:

...did he not realize that Chris works there?

https://mobile.twitter.com/MikeJ0nesssssss/status/1365365582162497540