Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Don’t know, but she retweeted this

https://twitter.com/NYIARULES/status/1366807015096467456?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Baron Corbin will return in Quantum of Midriff

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Satire is dead and I'm not apologizing for thinking it could be real.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 32 days!

Royal Updog posted:

Baron Corbin will return in Quantum of Midriff

Was he the one whose torso resembled a sad face

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Lol John cena follows her so shes doing something right.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Honestly having your gear fit that poorly and giving you kind of a gross look is good heelin'.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

btw I checked and this guy was weirdly silent about last week's episode of Strong, gosh I wonder why.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1367182730102927363

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1366886066381197313
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1366886243682840584

You can guess exactly how this went by looking at the reply numbers. :v:

MJeff fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Mar 3, 2021

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
give it a few hours and the 'i accidentally did an experiment' tweet should have some gold in the comments

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

What's intriguing to me is that the WWE lunatics don't actually comment on WWE posts. I would have assumed you at least get positive fan engagement from posting positive numbers but nope. They give ZERO fucks about that.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

flatluigi posted:

give it a few hours and the 'i accidentally did an experiment' tweet should have some gold in the comments

Took like twenty minutes.

https://twitter.com/LCM666NYC/status/1367184039413768200

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

the accusations of Meltzer "kissing AEW's rear end" is always a good one because what it translates to is "likes AEW more than WWE"

So it becomes:

"Dynamite was a better show than NXT this week."

"Typical Dave, you're only saying that because you like their product more"

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Akileese posted:

What's intriguing to me is that the WWE lunatics don't actually comment on WWE posts. I would have assumed you at least get positive fan engagement from posting positive numbers but nope. They give ZERO fucks about that.

Can't have your two minutes hate without a villain.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Tito is back at it with more terrible takes.

quote:

But again, I already covered those awards and I've already established how anti-WWE that Dave Meltzer is and how much of a shill he is for anything New Japan or from California's Independent scene.

quote:

If you weren't lucky enough to take a course in college or major in Mathematics, Economics, or Psychology, the term "statistics" is defined as "the practice or science of collecting and then analyzing numerical data in large quantities especially for the purpose of inferring proportions in a whole from those in a representative sample".

quote:

THAT SAID, Kenny Omega's data as the most recent AEW Champion is trending downward from the rest of the population. To his defense, he has only been Champion since December 2020 and that's probably why I produced an "insignificant" result for him as Champion. Since Kenny Omega won the belt, 5 out of 12 weeks of him being Champion has resulted in shows below 750,000 in viewership. Maybe in 6 months or so, we can revisit this and see if the usual 700,000 to 950,000 data fluctuations will continue. If not, we'll have something valid to report on Kenny. If I had a stronger significance on his coefficient result, I would say that Kenny Omega being champion causes AEW Dynamite to lose around 15,000 viewers per show.

quote:

The last thing that I tested was the significance of NXT being on Wednesday Nights as a competitor to AEW Dynamite. This number had the strongest significance on the data but the coefficient's sign is maybe not what you'd expect... The sign is POSITIVE. What does that mean?!? It means that both AEW and NXT's viewership numbers are statistically moving in the SAME direction and are positively & directly related. When AEW's numbers increase, so does NXT's... When AEW's numbers decrease, so does NXT's... As Jim Cornette repeatedly suggests on his Podcasts, the difference between these shows are a casual 150,000 who switch between both shows. Both AEW and NXT are statistically moving in the same direction and complement each other.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
according to my own calculations the numbers go up by 2.5 million when both shows feature an opening monologue from that week’s special guest judge

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I need to know the stronger significance of Kenny Omega's coefficient result.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Meltzer is absolutely on the money with his experiment i.e. that AEW lives rent free in these people's heads to an insane degree but AEW fans usually don't bother commenting on WWE poo poo. The efforts this guy takes with STATISTICS is lunatic level

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
one might say THA NUMBERS DONT LIE

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
And they spell disaster for NXT on Wednesday

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
And here I thought Tito faded away along with most of the early wrestling internet.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

mooseinfants posted:

And they spell disaster for NXT on Wednesday

SmoeJoe isn't on NXT though, so he won't even try

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/chefwill5045/status/1367579533923213313

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Those typos are just wow. Holy poo poo lol.

Education is for loosers ya know

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/24_7Title/status/1367580048782471170

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Mick-E-W that is it. That is gonna trend #1 in the world it’s just so clever.

I’m starting one too gonna throw some random quips out and call it George-E-H-W because they’re like Texas and can’t sustain their power. It’s gonna trend #0 in the world, ahead of Mick-E-W.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

i cannot conceive of wheelbarrowing around this much bile for a wrestling show. I like wrestling! But its just wrestling

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

real dirty trick putting things people might want to see on a TV show onto a TV show in order to get people to watch your TV show though

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
...what?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

No seriously, WHAT!?! I don't understand what this lunatic is saying.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

No seriously, WHAT!?! I don't understand what this lunatic is saying.

"ANY woman. They don't need to be a specific race." He's all lives mattering.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

...bu... but he capitalized the P....

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Jerusalem posted:

...bu... but he capitalized the P....

Autocorrect knows what it’s doing.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ohhhhhhhhh

i thought he was making some snipe about the Joshi wrestlers on the show

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

He is a man who recognizes good posts and good men.

https://twitter.com/24_7Title/status/1367655141982281730

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Royal Updog posted:

i cannot conceive of wheelbarrowing around this much bile for a wrestling show. I like wrestling! But its just wrestling

Really? I mean you read this forum.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I love how the banner made all of the worst people as angry as we all knew it would.

https://twitter.com/tnAEWfan/status/1367621399980949518

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

"The Award Winning Thunderdome"

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

What a bunch of squares for acknowledging some positive recognition.

Anyway, the “wrestling fan who solely smugly tweets about terrible all the wrestling is” is quite the personality choice.

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Mar 5, 2021

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

M(slur used against the Irish that ends with ck)-E-W

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Eat My Fuc posted:

M(slur used against the Irish that ends with ck)-E-W

:vince: