Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
I need to stop peeping these new Babinsaks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Is it sad that I Ctrl+F'd for "bruno" before trying to read that?

Hahaha, I did the same exact thing when I saw the article on the F4W/WO site.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Does anybody actually read Babinsack articles and not ridicule them?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Apparently he's never heard of a little show called Lost. Jesus.

"Just finished watching the LOST series. Better late than never. I am more lost than ever but loved it. Powerful. Not everything needs to make sense. It's called entertainment."

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

quote:

(ironically while too many wrestlers were enlarging their hearts, his wasn’t large enough for his body)

That's the best part of the whole thing.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

HulkaMatt posted:

Does anybody actually read Babinsack articles and not ridicule them?

"Just finished watching the LOST series. Better late than never. I am more lost than ever but loved it. Powerful. Not everything needs to make sense. It's called entertainment."

"Ironically, the mid 2000s ABC series LOST is one I've recently found. They say the apple always falls far from the tree, which is where LOST opens as Jack Shepherd, played by Matthew Fox who is not in-coincidentally a native of Pennsylvania, home of Bruno Sammartino, who I often am proudly referred to as a friend of. Shepherd is in a jungle not unlike that of Mowgli's in a popular Rudyard Kipling narrative."

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

"Ironically, the mid 2000s ABC series LOST is one I've recently found. They say the apple always falls far from the tree, which is where LOST opens as Jack Shepherd, played by Matthew Fox who is not in-coincidentally a native of Pennsylvania, home of Bruno Sammartino, who I often am proudly referred to as a friend of. Shepherd is in a jungle not unlike that of Mowgli's in a popular Rudyard Kipling narrative."

Good effort although your run on sentence did not run on long enough.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Good effort although your run on sentence did not run on long enough.

Not enough typos either.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Not enough typos either.
And Sting didn't get betrayed.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Magnus's terrible article x TNAsylum's comment section:

http://www.tnasylum.com/2014/05/magnus-addresses-parasites-in-wrestling.html?spref=tw

rovert fucked around with this message at 12:35 on May 28, 2014

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

quote:

Magnus my dawg, Hi five homie. I agree 100% from A & Z. Those dirtsheet punks, Shave Seltzer, Fake Keller, trolls on wrestling inc, those two prick Kevin Castle and Don Tony should be stoned from the internet. Unfortunately Magnus those IWC journalist you speak of are only against TNA. Most of them side with WWE, and ROH.

Shave Seltzer. SHAVE SELTZER.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
"Stoned from the internet"? How does this even work.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Require More Fire posted:

"Stoned from the internet"? How does this even work.

About 4 hits from a bong should work.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shave Seltzer

I don't know what to say

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Sweeney Tom posted:

Shave Seltzer

Larry Zbyszko special guest columnist.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

TNA: Fight For New York

quote:

vantheman77 • 2 days ago
To see TNA add more shows in NY and having Great Muta shows that TNA is not down and out like many critics think. If their days in Orlando are over, then it's best for TNA to try to set up new base in NY. The Orlando crowd was clearly dead after watching Sacrifice and the last several Impacts.

quote:

WWF1987 • 2 days ago
Keep TNA in New York. Those Orlando tourists don't deserve it.

quote:

Captainscarlet1 Phil440 • 2 days ago
They wouldn't be booking more taping's unless the tickets were selling well, it just wouldn't make sense on their limited budget. If they do well, then doing regular tapings up in NYC would be a great option.

quote:

Will1225 Phil440 • 2 days ago
Each show has sold at least half the tix already and that's in two weeks with minimal advertising. Combined they have sold about 2200 tickets as of the middle of last week.

They are well on their way to selling out all three shows, don't let Dirtsheet bullshit tell you otherwise.

quote:

Will1225 TSlay1976 • 2 days ago
Um I said there was a good chance TNA was doing additional tapings in NYC in August before this news came out because the plan was to do six shows in NYC this summer before the ROH Brooklyn show news came out.

Hate to break it to you but ROH was MCU's sloppy seconds.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Stupid Wrestling fan opinions: ROH was MCU's sloppy seconds.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

what's an MCU?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

coconono posted:

what's an MCU?

That minor league ballpark

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

I want whatever they're smoking at TNA Asylum cause if they're this delusional it must be The Good poo poo

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Joey McChrist posted:

I want whatever they're smoking at TNA Asylum cause if they're this delusional it must be The Good poo poo

You can't smoke an extra chromosome

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
How true is this defence?

http://www.tnamecca.com/2014/05/rumour-killer-nyc-shows-selling-well.html

Anyone an expert on the capacity of the Grand Ballroom?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Pretty sure 1,100-1,200 is regarded as max capacity in the ballroom if you have practically no setup like ROH, and set up a couple hundred seats on the stage.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rovert posted:

A world touring and televised company that can only legit sell 500/800 tickets in the first week. No matter how you defend it, that's still shameful.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

Ticketmaster lets you view the availability literally seat-by-seat and from what I'm looking at that post would be true, but it also doesn't tell a full story in terms of how many of those seats are unavailable because of scalpers or TNA blocking them off to hand out as comps or because of potential set issues, etc.

I think the guy is also using the absolute maximum to mislead.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

quote:

BigDawg Admin • 14 hours ago
Facts, facts and facts. gently caress you Meltzer. Suck it. Suck it hard and suck it long. That is all.

quote:

Buddy Bryan BigDawg • 14 hours ago
I hate Meltzer as much as anyone else with half a brain does, but OUCH! That's next level stuff right there.

quote:

BigDawg Admin Buddy Bryan • 14 hours ago
And he deserves it. I'm sure he doesn't give a gently caress about a site like this but we aren't going to have him put blatantly false information out there like that. Someone has to hold him accountable and it might as well be us.

quote:

Buddy Bryan BigDawg • 14 hours ago
I'm waiting for the day when one of those sites goes too far in their quest for site hits and crosses the line into slander or something worse, and it forces WWE or TNA to pursue legal action. I'll be sitting here lol'ing if or when it happens.

quote:

BigDawg Admin Buddy Bryan • 14 hours ago
They get pretty close at times. of course, they'd probably love for TNA to come after them. Free promotion.....ugh

quote:

J George Flegler BigDawg • 4 hours ago
He doesn't deserve to suck a cock. He shall suck a flaming grenade.

#boom

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

BigDawg is a gigantic idiot and iirc thought 10,000 people were in a 12,000 seat arena (despite over half of it being tarped off) for TNA Bound For Glory last year. He thought this was the case because he was looking at Ticketmaster.

When presented with mathematical facts of how impossible this is his reply was "that's just speculation".

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 15:51 on May 30, 2014

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
TNA Mecca is the Free Republic (:freep:) of the pro wrestling world.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I honestly don't get why TNA fans are so desperate to paint the company's business in a better light than is remotely accurate. I mean, if you like the product that's your right although I may question your taste. But you'd think they more anyone would want the company to do better so they can survive and get better people.

As a huge NJPW fan I was super disappointed when the gate for their Yokohama show ended up being terrible. I'd love for them to recover and show continue to show signs of growth but I certainly don't get pissed when Melzer or others note that they have some issues and question the sustainability of their current success.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Thauros posted:

I honestly don't get why TNA fans are so desperate to paint the company's business in a better light than is remotely accurate. I mean, if you like the product that's your right although I may question your taste. But you'd think they more anyone would want the company to do better so they can survive and get better people.

That's every fan of a lovely product. OUYA users, XBone devotees, people who think there's a killer WiiU game/feature just around the corner etc.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

flashy_mcflash posted:

That's every fan of a lovely product. OUYA users, XBone devotees, people who think there's a killer WiiU game/feature just around the corner etc.

Yeah I follow a guy on Twitter who desperately fights for the WiiU and says everyone in the media has been against it since day 1.

Not looking to debate the merits of the WiiU, but being slavishly devoted to a certain brand and having conspiracy theories that everyone is against it is pretty common.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

triplexpac posted:

Yeah I follow a guy on Twitter who desperately fights for the WiiU and says everyone in the media has been against it since day 1.

Not looking to debate the merits of the WiiU, but being slavishly devoted to a certain brand and having conspiracy theories that everyone is against it is pretty common.

See also: Bioware, Square Enix (although that seems to have morphed entirely the other way around) and pretty much everything in history, ever.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Some people cannot separate their enjoyment of a product from it's actual success or simply don't actually understand the business at all. It's no different than your mom loving some dogshit new show in the fall and not understanding why it's cancelled because she really liked it.

You have your share of weirdly religious fans but I think most people like this just do not understand the wrestling or television business.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

There's also the fact that no matter what you like/do, there is a place on the internet where everyone will insist you're right and everyone else is out to get you and the thing you like.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

flashy_mcflash posted:

people who think there's a killer WiiU game/feature just around the corner etc.

It's called Mario Kart 8 and it came out last night.

I'm kidding, but it is a ton of fun.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I think it has a lot to do with the fear that if something you like is failing business wise it will go away. There are a lot of 90s kids on the internet who remember Firefly or other lost 90s pop culture like Texans remember the Alamo, and think if they can crusade hard enough maybe they can will their favorite product into being profitable so it will never be taken from them.

In TNA's particular case there's also the gently caress WWF thing on the table. They want TNA to live less because they like it and more because they hate Vince.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

We should have someone recon into the Asylum and throw out there that the best way to stick it to Meltzer would be to buy a ticket, even if you can't get to NYC, just to sell the show out and prove him wrong. The obvious unwanted side effect would be giving TNA money but they'd be dumb enough to hold onto the ticket just because and we'd get a fairly empty arena on TV.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

sportsgenius86 posted:

The obvious unwanted side effect would be giving TNA money but they'd be dumb enough to hold onto the ticket just because and we'd get a fairly empty arena on TV.

We're going to get a fairly empty arena anyway though!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

triplexpac posted:

We're going to get a fairly empty arena anyway though!

this is true

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Sanguinia posted:

In TNA's particular case there's also the gently caress WWF thing on the table. They want TNA to live less because they like it and more because they hate Vince.

Then where does the hate boner for ROH come from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Dimebags Brain posted:

Then where does the hate boner for ROH come from?

Because they, too, are the enemy since they are praised by the journalists they hate. Presumably there's a whole vine of sour grapes because TNA's actual talented members of the roster make a beeline there when Dixie emancipates them from their contracts.