Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Not only that, but why the hell do they want this show to be either a failure or only successful with an asterisk? In theory they should want wrestling promotion on the whole to be as competitive as possible.

Some WWE fans are weirdly insecure about their choice of wrestling and will flaunt weird poo poo like stock prices to "prove" their choice of wrestling show is superior and a successful alternative that they steadfastly refuse to check out would threaten the argument that WWE is better because it's more well known. Like, if you enjoy WWE then don't worry about what other people like. Nobody should give a poo poo about stock prices unless they're shareholders

Cody and the Bucks are polarising figures in all areas of wrestling fandom for various reasons too, so for a lot of people it's an issue of personal distaste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Not only that, but why the hell do they want this show to be either a failure or only successful with an asterisk? In theory they should want wrestling promotion on the whole to be as competitive as possible.

Because it's not WWE. Remember, you're not a success as a wrestler unless you're in the WWE.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The first guy is part right, for the wrong reason.

A pretty low percentage are being re-sold, which is a scalper's dream because of how much more they can charge.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Davros1 posted:

Because it's not WWE. Remember, you're not a success as a wrestler unless you're in the WWE.

Bingo. The amount of effort Vince has put into convincing an audience that has largely been tied solely into his product for almost twenty years now that "everything outside of this company doesn't matter" has paid dividends in the most useless and annoying way ever: arguing on the internet.

I also imagine ALL IN whining is excaberated with those same sort of fans by the Bucks and their refusal to go to WWE since they very clearly see the end result of a run there: either end up broken up or become fodder for main eventers in a Wrestlemania or Summerslam angle to go over. Add in Cody, who's basically in more mainstream places now than he was when he was in WWE because of the Hot Topic and Funko deal so he's essentially become more successful out of the company than in it, and it really would grind a particular type of people's gears. And add in Kenny, another guy who repeatedly mentions he's loath to jump to WWE as people like Steve Austin are going "he could be that top guy they're still really looking for" (which in turn leads to the pendulum of Kenny either being a spot monkey with no psychology and a bad promo or is imminently signing with WWE depending on how recently he had a great match), and it really, really probably gets under some people's skins.

The Cameo fucked around with this message at 11:14 on May 20, 2018

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009
Someone on Reddit said the All In sellout isn't a big deal because they have "a variety of talent like Okada, Rey, and Omega." A variety of talent. Y'know unlike all those other shows where it's just one guy wrestling himself for four hours.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Web Jew.0 posted:

unlike all those other shows where it's just one guy wrestling himself for four hours.

go on...

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Web Jew.0 posted:

Someone on Reddit said the All In sellout isn't a big deal because they have "a variety of talent like Okada, Rey, and Omega." A variety of talent. Y'know unlike all those other shows where it's just one guy wrestling himself for four hours.

The same talent on the NJPW show that hasn't sold out yet?

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Not a full 4 hours, but
https://www.f4wonline.com/other-wrestling/chris-hero-successfully-runs-infinity-gauntlet-151971

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Kota vs. Invisible Man Iron Man Match, book it Joey

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Benne posted:

Kota vs. Invisible Man Iron Man Match, book it Joey

Jesus no, Kota would die.

Like if you told Kota to get in a pretend fight with himself I genuinely believe within an hour of escalation he'd be powerbombing himself off a bridge onto a passing ferry for a pop.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I'm like 90% sure Kota Ibushi vs The Invisible Man has already happened in DDT before

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

people should be bitching because this looks like they sold out an arena on a the promise of a Nick Aldis match.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

coconono posted:

people should be bitching because this looks like they sold out an arena on a the promise of a Nick Aldis match.

Guess Billy was smart to put the belt on him

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

coconono posted:

This seems like a really stupid take when you look at everyone making an appearance. I know I decided to buy a ticket when I knew Okada was on the card and in an arena that is a lot closer then the west coast. It could be Okada vs. The invisible man and probably still worth it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Okada's the one name on the card that makes it not look like the average indy show, and even then it's surprising how well this sold even with that addition

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, is the NJPW show still having trouble moving tickets?

Maybe we underestimated the drawing power of Stephen Amell.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Holding it in Chicago was smart. It's petty cheap to travel to Chicago no matter where you are. They also did a great job at selling it as a must see event.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Chris James 2 posted:

Okada's the one name on the card that makes it not look like the average indy show, and even then it's surprising how well this sold even with that addition

Omega has wrestled on one US indie show this year.

Cody has wrestled on 0.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah but Omega has done plenty of them in the past, and every indie show has a Cody.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the cow palace and CEO new japan shows were announced much later and the people that would travel for them may have already made plans to do all in or went to the long beach show earlier this year thats pretty much it

oh and all in has been billed as a much bigger event

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah but Omega has done plenty of them in the past, and every indie show has a Cody.

Ah yes, all of those notable Kenny indie matches such as...? Dude’s worked like, 10 indie dates since the beginning of 2017.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
Cody worked our indie on Saturday, but that’s canada so maybe it’s different

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

sleepwalkers posted:

Ah yes, all of those notable Kenny indie matches such as...? Dude’s worked like, 10 indie dates since the beginning of 2017.

he fought okada a few times on some Japanese indie

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Today in "Shaze Seltzer lying about TNA again"

https://twitter.com/syxxpakk/status/998707973991084032

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Benne posted:

I still don't get how Meltzer gets people fighting mad when he's the most innocuous, harmless journalist alive

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Social media in general is all about idiots getting outraged over nothing

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Social media in general is all about idiots getting outraged over nothing

And if it feels to them like the thing they're into is maligned, double that outrage

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It's also funny that people still think Dave is out to get TNA when he's been raving about how much better Impact is for over a year now

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Benne posted:

It's also funny that people still think Dave is out to get TNA when he's been raving about how much better Impact is for over a year now

Also Dave is very much in a position where it benefits him for companies to do as well a spossible because it gives him more to report on, which he's smart enough to recognize.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There are going to be a LOT of awful posts fawning over the Lashley segment, I'd wager.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Benne posted:

I think I recall hearing this on a recent Observer Radio (maybe?) and from memory it was along the lines of:

Bryan: If WWE went to Fox, could USA pick up Impact?
Dave: No. Well I guess technically they could but that would never happen.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

Low Desert Punk posted:

I still don't get how Meltzer gets people fighting mad when he's the most innocuous, harmless journalist alive

Dave is kinda condescending sometimes. There are people who resent him for *exposing the business* or 2% of his scoops not coming to pass. Some people are such huge fans of wrestling companies they can't handle criticism or true facts. Some Prichard/Russo fans get worked. My favorite are the complaints that he shouldn't charge for his newsletter because it's available for free (from people who plagiarize his newsletter).

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Web Jew.0 posted:

Dave is kinda condescending sometimes. There are people who resent him for *exposing the business* or 2% of his scoops not coming to pass. Some people are such huge fans of wrestling companies they can't handle criticism or true facts. Some Prichard/Russo fans get worked. My favorite are the complaints that he shouldn't charge for his newsletter because it's available for free (from people who plagiarize his newsletter).

My favorite part are when his weird ramblings on WOR get quoted wildly out of context for a completely different non-story

BRYAN: This person here says, do you think Impact can sign Kenny Omega?
DAVE: Uhhhhhh, well I mean it's possible, if they have the money and this and this and whatnot, you know, never say never, but it's probably not happening, no."
SPORTSKEEDA: DAVE MELTZER REPORTS IMPACT COULD SIGN KENNY OMEGA SOON

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
That doesn't happen to just Dave. It also happens to PWInsider, Satin, etc.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So Enzo and his stupid fans are threatening to sue WWE and the accuser. His fans are citing this as why he will succeed:

quote:

You can fine an employee when you want to in most places but the reason for termination matters. If you fire someone based on discrimination that's illegal, if you fire someone under false pretenses and then ruin their reputation that person can sue you.

Enzo may have not known he was under formal investigation. The Police may have just got his side of the story and then didn't tell him they were going to pursue it further. Being questioned doesn't equal under investigation.

If it's true that the Police never told him he was under investigation he now can sue WWE and his false accuser for a bit of money.

Note: Connecticut is a fire at will state, and WWE has a morality clause which allows them to fire you for basically any reason.

Say what you will about WWE, but if Enzo sues them, I hope they completely ruin his life. And his chances of suing the accuser went out the window when he made that stupid rap video and also publicly thanked his fans for making her life miserable/stalking/threatening her.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also he wasn’t an employee.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Also he wasn’t an employee.

No, but even as an "independent contractor" he had a contract that set specific terms and conditions for him working for WWE. Granted, this likely just makes it easier for him to be fired, but still.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Being questioned does equal under investigation when the questions directly pertain to your involvement in a sexual assault

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

No, but even as an "independent contractor" he had a contract that set specific terms and conditions for him working for WWE. Granted, this likely just makes it easier for him to be fired, but still.

I’m fairly certain those contracts are written first and foremost to screw the talent and protect WWE’s rear end in all matters. And I’m positive that Enzo had neither the clout or savvy to negotiate terms that might give him grounds for a lawsuit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I can't believe WWE was discriminating against Enzo for having a really low IQ. Imo, he has a strong case