Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
There are a lot of people, mostly white, who are desperate for NJPW to go back to being a niche product playing to half sized crowds. I have no idea why or why they don't just go and watch Dragon Gate, NOAH or AJPW if they want something people aren't watching to feel superior about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Gonzo McFee posted:

There are a lot of people, mostly white, who are desperate for NJPW to go back to being a niche product playing to half sized crowds. I have no idea why or why they don't just go and watch Dragon Gate, NOAH or AJPW if they want something people aren't watching to feel superior about.

They’re watching CMLL now

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Steven Rondina is gonna make it big in the Entertainment Industry in 10 years, and then somebody will find that tweet and he'll be fired for having expressed such an awful opinion.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

That's a bad bad man right there.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Maybe he wants NJPW to release Juice so he can go win the WWE title?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gonzo McFee posted:

But they're watching NJPW? :confused:

(I'm kidding and you guys know it. I hope.)

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

Inokiism Twitter is really funny and they seem pretty cool though. That tweet was just bad.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Especially seeing as Goto has no claim to the US title. He lost fair and square to Juice. :colbert:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The people want US champ EVIL

The people want IWGP champ EVIL

The people want everything champ EVIL

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Inokiism Twitter is really funny and they seem pretty cool though. That tweet was just bad.

Inokiism commentary is also alive and well on AXS.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

The people want US champ EVIL

The people want IWGP champ EVIL

The people want everything champ EVIL

EEEEEEEEEVERY BELT IS EVIL’S

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I look forward to Inoki releasing a statement praising the current NJPW product and the thousands of betrayed rage tweets by people that think bushido still exists.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

They seem like a bunch of MAGA try hards.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

CarlCX posted:

This has all made me think of the nWWWo and Sean Shannon writing an essay in the wake of Owen Hart's death about how Bret was a scumbag who wanted him to die so he could marry his widow.

God, wrestling people are the worst.
It got even better/worse from there.

Sean was going on about how Bret is probably the worst human being in wrestling. Other people are like "Well, what about the guy who murdered Bruiser Brody?" (and one person incorrectly identified him as Victor Quinones instead of the correct Jose Gonzalez, but that's not really important). Sean starts going off about how Charles S. Dutton of TV's "Roc" was a convicted killer but remorseful and turned out just fine after, so Bret was Probably Worse Than Invader.

The thread kept escalating until everyone suggested that Sean take a break from the internet.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Cage Kicker posted:

This all reminds me of a thread we had a few years ago where there were several federations all competing to book a better show. I wish I could find it but I'm at work. That was when I first joined WH2K (rip in peace)

It was run by LittleMac, then JoeRules, then I forget who and feel stupid for it. It was all done in TEW, we had an in-game year of WCW vs WWF, then most of a year with ECW added in before it all ran out of steam. I am a bad writer and it took a surprisingly long time before I was told to stop writing stupid bullshit about Dave Taylor and his friend, an actual bear.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I am continuously amazed by the fact there are people who think current NJPW is bad for the company

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

which company

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

jesus WEP posted:

They’re watching CMLL now

People with good taste like good wrestling.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/Statoke/status/1028749279509323777

We did it, we found the one Tacos fan

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

flashy_mcflash posted:

quote:

TNATROLL3 days ago 

GFW Fans: (parody to All Star by Smash Mouth) 

At TripleMania, Sexy Star injured Rosemary with an arm bar 
She’s lucky the Demon Assassin didn’t retaliate with some mist spitting 
I heard it from Joseph Park that Sexy Star’s her own biggest mark 
Rosemary didn’t do anything because she didn’t want to end up in a Mexican prison 

Congrats to Eddie Edwards on his GHC title win 
Even when he acts serious, he can’t hide his grin 
I heard a rumor and I don’t know if it’s a true story 
But apparently RVD wanted to change BFG to Bong for Glory 
When Bruce Prichard’s on TV, some people develop Tourette's 
Jim Cornette’s going to get Kongo Kong to wear a singlet
Eli Drake has a golden voice and silver tongue 
Don’t ever doubt or underestimate the defiant one 

Hey now, GFW fans, every Thursday night, it’s time to watch Impact 
Hey now, GFW fans, wouldn’t it be great if at BFG, Austin Aries came back 
Eli Drake’s always focused and hungry 
If you never thought he’d be world champion, he’ll call you a dummy 

Randomly thought of this, and it's still :psyduck:.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Please tell me that whoever wrote that was imprisoned for crimes against scansion and/or aggravated assault on the concept of rhyme

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

That dude thinks AAA is having the best year. His brain is broke.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

That dude thinks AAA is having the best year. His brain is broke.

Maybe he's only able to watch the opening matches of shows.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

abraham linksys posted:

lol at anyone who bought expensive tickets and is traveling for an ROH show

look forward to everyone at msg getting to bask in the wonder of cody vs tanahashi or some other bullshit

lmao

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

From the OP 237 pages ago, hence why nobody quoted your own posts here:

MassRafTer posted:

DO NOT POST ANYTHING FROM THIS FORUM.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Inokiism Twitter is basically just former goons so this can't be true

Just enjoy what you like and not get mad at what people like, I'm friends with a person in the Pittsburgh DSA who over the last year has gotten really into NJPW (and ROH TV) and they have no interest in the WWE product, while I'm the opposite and we get along fine because we can have rational discussions on why we like the things we like and mutual interests that transcend companies (like how we are probably going to go to IWC shows or Pittsburgh NXT and ROH shows). Why is it so loving hard for people to get?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It's like console wars except instead of perfering the Genesis or SNES your want to defend the Jaguar to death

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Shine posted:

Oh man, I got excited for a second that someone did another Smash Mouth parody.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Shine posted:

What the gently caress, that's not even a song, let alone a parody of All Star. Let me see if I can fix it somehow by replacing GFW with TNA and doing other stuff

quote:

At TripleMania, Sexy Star injured Rosemary with an arm bar
She’s lucky the Demon Assassin didn’t retaliate
I heard it from Joseph Park that Sexy Star’s her own biggest mark
Rosemary didn’t do anything because she didn’t want to end up in a Mexican prison gently caress this stupid line put literally anything else here

Congrats to Eddie Edwards on his GHC title win
Even when he acts serious he can’t hide his grin
I heard a rumor and I don’t know if it’s a true story
RVD wanted to change BFG to Bong for Glory
When Bruce Prichard’s on TV, some people develop Tourette's
Jim Cornette will get Kongo Kong to wear a singlet
Eli Drake has a golden voice and silver tongue
Don’t doubt or underestimate the defiant one

Hey now, TNA fans, every Thursday night, watch Impact
Hey now, TNA fans, wouldn’t it be great if Austin Aries came back
Eli Drake’s always focused and hungry
If you never thought he’d be world champion you're a dummy

gently caress it, I tried

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Aug 13, 2018

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
An All Star "parody" written by someone who's never actually listened to All Star

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I actually got frustrated trying to fit those lyrics into the melody of all star

Like, actually angry

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benne posted:

An All Star "parody" written by someone who's never actually listened to All Star

I'm still unconvinced anybody on TNAMecca who "tried" song parodies ever actually listened to a song

Qoey
Jun 2, 2014

jesus WEP posted:

EEEEEEEEEVERY BELT IS EVIL’S

Every time I see someone post EVIL's catchphrase stuff, I think about the Coheed and Cambria song "Everything Evil," then I get stuck in that early 2000's emo nostalgia.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Shine posted:

it's so bad

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Junpei Hyde posted:

It was a good time and I'd love to do another one, if onl because my storyline of The Observer, "Big" Dave Batista never got to debut

There was one before that Monday Night Wars one, which i miss dearly, but the only promotion from it I remember was a sort of TV-MA Lucha Underground starring Kensuke Sasaki and Scott Steiner

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

gently caress it I'll try

quote:

Remember Sexy Star,
Rosemary, and the armbar
Rosemary did not retaliate
I once heard from Joseph Park
Sexy Star's a big self mark
Rosemary just didn't want it to break

Well, Eddie Edwards won a GHC title
He may play tough but he can't hide the smile
This is a rumor don't take it from me
But RVD once got paid in weed
So much to see on Twitch TV
Jim Cornette, Kongo Kong, and Trev Lee
Don't dare doubt Eli's silver tongue
It's why he's the Defiant One

Hey now, TNA fans, time for Thursday Impact 
Hey now, TNA fans, we want Double A back
Eli Drake’s looking hungry 
he’s the world champ and we're just dummies

Still very bad on a concept level, but hopefully it scans

I Before E fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Aug 13, 2018

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
At least you can actually sing along to it now

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I Before E posted:

There was one before that Monday Night Wars one, which i miss dearly, but the only promotion from it I remember was a sort of TV-MA Lucha Underground starring Kensuke Sasaki and Scott Steiner

I believe that one also had a segment titled "Giant Tiger rapes Shane Douglas"

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

davidbix posted:

It got even better/worse from there.

Sean was going on about how Bret is probably the worst human being in wrestling. Other people are like "Well, what about the guy who murdered Bruiser Brody?" (and one person incorrectly identified him as Victor Quinones instead of the correct Jose Gonzalez, but that's not really important). Sean starts going off about how Charles S. Dutton of TV's "Roc" was a convicted killer but remorseful and turned out just fine after, so Bret was Probably Worse Than Invader.

The thread kept escalating until everyone suggested that Sean take a break from the internet.

Jesus christ, early-era wrestling commentary had the worst loving people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I Before E posted:

gently caress it I'll try

Still very bad on a concept level, but hopefully it scans

It works. The other one is someone with their brain fluid leaking out their nose remembering a song title and probably the last thing they typed before they died