Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MassRafTer posted:

Chris Benoit killed his family.

hosed up if true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Aesop Poprock posted:

Still gobsmacked that no one has ever reported what brand of bra he was wearing. Sloppy police work imo

Clearly that means he cut the tags out to make himself untraceable

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

MassRafTer posted:

GodDAMMIT

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Defiance Industries posted:

Clearly that means he cut the tags out to make himself untraceable

Chilling parallels to the Somerton Man

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/nWoWolfpacTV/status/1089720187643985920

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
A Kevin Nash fan calling somebody else a tryhard :ironicat:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Imagine using female Daniel Bryan as an INSULT :lol:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

https://twitter.com/dajosc11/status/1089749485805293568?s=21

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Becky Lynch winning the Rumble was a higher high then anything on Takeover but boy is that a bad opinion.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

Becky Lynch winning the Rumble was a higher high then anything on Takeover

I honestly think I popped for heel DIY as much as I did for the Becky win

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I can’t even imagine how hosed up your brain has to be to watch both of those shows and think the Rumble was better.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

sportsgenius86 posted:

I can’t even imagine how hosed up your brain has to be to watch both of those shows and think the Rumble was better.

Seeing both live I felt they were roughly equal honestly. At least in terms of excitement and storytelling. Obviously NXT was overall better match quality, but even then outside of Johnny's match I wouldnt call the gap that big

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
The Riddle/Ohno match was a bit flat but Takeover was much better than the Rumble.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sportsgenius86 posted:

I'm a big fat idiot who generally on aggregate enjoys main roster shows but holy LOL at the idea of Takeover being worse.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
You've been spreadin' lies that I'm - ON THE JUICE, BIG TIME!
Hey la, hey laaaaaaaaaaa

MassRafTer posted:

I mean, yeah, but this is more of an indictment of NXT than praise for the main roster. Except for Survivor Series, I guess, Brock/Bryan was unironically off the chain.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Is there a place where i can vote on who the winner will be of pretend matches put together between posters on here? everyone who posts votes for other posters and the winners of the matches are the posters who get the most votes. There can be championship bouts. no role playing though. just votes. I have private messages enabled if you are embarrassed to reply here.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

VJeff posted:

You've been spreadin' lies that I'm - ON THE JUICE, BIG TIME!
Hey la, hey laaaaaaaaaaa

I mean, yeah, but this is more of an indictment of NXT than praise for the main roster. Except for Survivor Series, I guess, Brock/Bryan was unironically off the chain.

No, not yeah. Takeovers have legitimately been SOTY candidates every time and continue to be so. If you disagree your brain is on the fritz.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Begin voting for the first match. VJeff against SamuraiFoochs.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff a billion times out of a billion, easily, without hesitation of thought

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Oh I thought that tweet was specifically referring to main events, nevermind.

Cavauro posted:

Begin voting for the first match. VJeff against SamuraiFoochs.

I am going to KICK FOOCHS' rear end!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

VJeff posted:

Oh I thought that tweet was specifically referring to main events, nevermind.

I am going to KICK FOOCHS' rear end!

Ohhh. That's different then, yeah. I'll at least grant that as a reasonable take. :shobon:

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
vjeff has never won an argument in his entire life and 100% foochs will trounce him in athleticism too. foochs is a total package

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

No, not yeah. Takeovers have legitimately been SOTY candidates every time and continue to be so. If you disagree your brain is on the fritz.

Some people don't like the Johnny Gargano/Tomasso Ciampa brand of ~storytelling~ where wrestlers cut mid match promos and look at their hands in disgust at how violent they are and that's all NXT has been since Takeover NOLA to the point I've given up on watching. Implying people are mentally defective for having different opinions about wrestling is kinda lovely tbh.

Not that I can possibly believe that main roster shows have been better overall based off the Rumble.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MotU posted:

vjeff has never won an argument in his entire life and 100% foochs will trounce him in athleticism too. foochs is a total package

I'm not Lex Luger

Though sometimes I get mad like him

And we're about as equally ambulatory these days

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Implying people are mentally defective for having different opinions about wrestling is kinda lovely tbh.

:agreed:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Some people don't like the Johnny Gargano/Tomasso Ciampa brand of ~storytelling~ where wrestlers cut mid match promos and look at their hands in disgust at how violent they are and that's all NXT has been since Takeover NOLA to the point I've given up on watching. Implying people are mentally defective for having different opinions about wrestling is kinda lovely tbh.

Not that I can possibly believe that main roster shows have been better overall based off the Rumble.

You know I wasn't sincerely saying he's mentally ill right? I should probably just have said "you have some bad opinions" tbf but come the gently caress on. If Jeff was honestly offended I apologize to him.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i don't want to live in a world where i can't call someone loco en la cabeza

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
The fooch is loose and he'll no sell the virility Jeff bomb

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Sanguinia posted:

Seeing both live I felt they were roughly equal honestly. At least in terms of excitement and storytelling. Obviously NXT was overall better match quality, but even then outside of Johnny's match I wouldnt call the gap that big

I can totally get that. I’ve been to shows that were really fun live that were just kinda meh on rewatch. I don’t blame anyone who had fun at a show because there’s something different being there.

But the quality of wrestling is so far above on takeovers from the standpoint of what they’re allowed to do, the finishes, the crowd energy. It’s not even remotely close contest watching both on tv

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
lol at an NJPW fan taking offense @ fritz brain when the Party Line for NJPW fans to WWE fans is "you must have stockholm syndrome"

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Baron Corbin posted:

i don't want to live in a world where i can't call someone loco en la cabeza

I mean pretty much. Is this really where we are? I'm down with eliminating slurs forever but everyone is allowed to call me cuckoo. Now saying unironically I need to be medicated for example is shaky, it's a fine art, but still.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm not Lex Luger

Though sometimes I get mad like him

And we're about as equally ambulatory these days

well, you're probably already better on the mic

for whatever that's worth

e: to be fair, part of that is because Foochs explains himself, whereas something like the introduction of the Total Package practically chokes out your higher cognitive abilities with the sheer number of Questions it raises, and yet the only explanation consisted of more poses

SatansOnion fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jan 29, 2019

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i did NOT recognize any hostility when putting together the matchup of "SF" and "VJ". it was for the 'popularity promotion' that i had envisioned, only.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

You know I wasn't sincerely saying he's mentally ill right? I should probably just have said "you have some bad opinions" tbf but come the gently caress on. If Jeff was honestly offended I apologize to him.

Please shut up and just kick Jeff's rear end, I have money on this

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I wasn't and even if I was, I certainly don't need GWB to stick up for me. :laffo:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SatansOnion posted:

well, you're probably already better on the mic

for whatever that's worth

You have no idea how true that is.

Not to derail too much but I like VJeff and I'm pretty sure he knows it though I dislike his opinions these days, personally.

Anyway I don't have any lovely fan tweets to post but I hope someone else does because getting this thread back on track would be great IMHO.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MotU posted:

lol at an NJPW fan taking offense @ fritz brain when the Party Line for NJPW fans to WWE fans is "you must have stockholm syndrome"

Yes, NJPW diehard fans get kind of lovely about people not liking the bad parts of NJPW too.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

your enjoyment of wrestling increases 75% if you don't go around policing what other people like. These are facts.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://twitter.com/gmcarrot1/status/1090037200576757762

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
:vince: Look at that SEO.