Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
His mother is still alive and attends the Hall of Fame ceremonies with the Rod McMahon side of the family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

His mother is still alive and attends the Hall of Fame ceremonies with the Rod McMahon side of the family.

Vince arrived very close to air time - about 3 hours the last time Raw was in Houston as he was visiting her.

I believe Bix was on the verge of interviewing Rod in the last 2 years or so. No idea what happened to that.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Corey Graves was drunk on Twitter last night making fun of depressed people, suicidal people, bullying victims, people on public assistance, etc

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
why are wrestling people functionally incapable of coming off as the better man in a twitter fight with a rando

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Mel Mudkiper posted:

why are wrestling people functionally incapable of coming off as the better man in a twitter fight with a rando

Twitter is a tool for bringing out the worst in public figures and the people who enjoy their work

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 39 days!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Twitter is a tool for bringing out the worst in public figures and the people who enjoy their work

Just imagine being someone who actually takes enjoyment in the work of Corey Graves in any respect, and looks forward to his commentary every week.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
what gets me about the whole exchange was that he says the guy is on food stamps as an insult, then goes onto a rant about he was on them too but never let them make him jealous of others like that guy, but that guy never actually said he was on food stamps

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/prowrestling/status/1095002915272458240

He thought weekly PPVs were still a stupid idea when the promoter of Memphis was behind it.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

wait that dude has a podcast just for talking about how he hates dirt sheets

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Les Moore’s brainworms have brainworms. Like a more pathetic Alex Jones.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

what gets me about the whole exchange was that he says the guy is on food stamps as an insult, then goes onto a rant about he was on them too but never let them make him jealous of others like that guy, but that guy never actually said he was on food stamps

Those in the wrestling industry LOOOOOVE to accuse people that disagree with them of being unemployed and/or on government assistance of some type.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I've seen him call out Dave for justifiable reasons but I've also seen him call out Dave for going out for a family dinner on Sunday instead of watching a Smackdown brand PPV live.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

What is Dave supposed to criticize? Either they get a TV deal that pays the bills or they don't.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Les is a deeply dishonest person who presents himself as trying to keep people honest.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
This belongs in here since Vince Russo is just a fan with stupid opinions and Shane doesn't have any creative or hiring power in WWE even if this conversation happened.

https://twitter.com/mattkoonmusic/status/1095003566367039488

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

OctoberCountry posted:

I've seen him call out Dave for justifiable reasons but I've also seen him call out Dave for going out for a family dinner on Sunday instead of watching a Smackdown brand PPV live.

this sounds like a totally normal thing to do

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I really really want WWE to hire Russo so I can hear the excuses from his followers when the ratings keep tanking.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/MeltzerSaidWhat/status/1095069503099039744

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"This Dave Meltzer, a claim gets made and he lays out the underlying facts behind it! :argh:"

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Hating Dave Meltzer remains one of the most inexplicable things in the fandom

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The best part is folks like Prichard/Bischoff/Russo basically taking a hint from how effective labeling news you don't like as "fake news" has been in the larger culture, and using it to discredit any criticism from wrestling journalists.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I unironically enjoy the weekly game of dirtsheet telephone that gets played every time a new Observer is released. It's a lot of fun seeing how their headlines can completely skew the meaning of what he actually reported.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

It's not unheard of in other fandoms. Don't forget the shitstorm over GameSpot giving a Zelda game a less than glowing review (I think it was like 8.8 out of 10 or something).

Some people think the brands they consume can do no wrong and if someone criticises said brand they're also being attacked.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The Kimoa Kid posted:

I unironically enjoy the weekly game of dirtsheet telephone that gets played every time a new Observer is released. It's a lot of fun seeing how their headlines can completely skew the meaning of what he actually reported.

I went years as a wrestling fan who only knew Observer poo poo from hearsay and 2nd hand reporting because I'm tight and just didn't care enough about wrestling news to subscribe. And yet I managed to not get mad about Dave Meltzer despite that.

It just seems people get really mad at out of context Dave and it seems weird. Of course he gets things wrong sometimes, WWE booking changes at the last minute on the whims of a weird and out of touch old billionaire.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I will always despise the pointless weeaboo Shave Seltzer as long as I live, personally.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

MysticalMachineGun posted:

It's not unheard of in other fandoms. Don't forget the shitstorm over GameSpot giving a Zelda game a less than glowing review (I think it was like 8.8 out of 10 or something).

Some people think the brands they consume can do no wrong and if someone criticises said brand they're also being attacked.

For those interested but not in the know about the Zelda thing:

Here's the reviewer talking about his feelings on the scoring, how it was determined, and the reaction. (should start at 6:02)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5CDY8itWfE&t=362s

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

None of those people had played the game yet either.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the game was really bad and dull until the next one came out and then it was good.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

On the flip side, I remember there being a game (one of the GTA's maybe?) where the review conclusion was,"This is an extremely entertaining game, but it has flaws and is not a perfect game. 10/10."

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/JLStrika806/status/1095085953314684928

Ali was injured on a Garvin Stomp from Randy Orton, for the record.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cowboy Bob Orton was in a cast for YEARS and we're expected to think the older wrestlers were tougher? :smug:

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Orton isn't a spot monkey and he's been injured many times.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fatherofmustard posted:

Orton isn't a spot monkey and he's been injured many times.

Orton once injured himself punching the mat before doing the RKO

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Poor old Randall, thought of tables and died

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

https://twitter.com/JLStrika806/status/1095085953314684928

Ali was injured on a Garvin Stomp from Randy Orton, for the record.

The eye injury isn't why he's out, Ali had a tailbone injury he worked through that he aggravated at a house show this weekend

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Feb 12, 2019

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The report says he does have an eye injury, but it's separate from the black eye Orton's stomp gave him, which isn't why he's out either.

He also has a hurt butt bone.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Dave also said on WOR he got a concussion at a house show over the weekend.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Okay can we just loving wrap this dude in bubble wrap or something.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

And some of you people wanted him to take bumps in, on and even off of the Chamber :colbert: smh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hey I'd be fine with him cradling everybody and winning the match in 30 seconds.