Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Dimebags Brain posted:

People say NXT is good simply because all it is is high spots. High spots are not good. High spots are the reason why wrestling has died. NXT isn't the modern day 1990's ECW its fanboys claim it is. Its actually a place for guys who aren't good enough to become stars in wrestling to pretend they are actually stars that were held back by backstage politics. You also need to understand NXT isn't a separate company and its owned by Vince McMahon. Yes marks you have been worked by senile Vince into thinking its an independent company.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/cdd9pf/people_need_to_understand_nxt_is_not_good/

Hello Mr Cornette.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

i didn't know she had fans

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Smoking Crow posted:

i didn't know she had fans

Pretty sure "generate a reaction" is a euphemism for "make me hard"

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Hey, the All Red Everything... Is Not Here Tonight/Cannot Perform Tonight Due To... *draws excuse out of tumbler* "tonsillitis" gimmick was aces

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

I would rather see an Eva title reign than another Seth one.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

The Cameo posted:

Hey, the All Red Everything... Is Not Here Tonight/Cannot Perform Tonight Due To... *draws excuse out of tumbler* "tonsillitis" gimmick was aces

On the one hand, yes it was entertaining, but on the other hand when your wrestler is so bad at actually wrestling that you have to come up with convoluted gimmicks to prevent her from even doing a match, you should just cut your losses. Like, this company puts Tamina Snuka and Lacey Evans in the ring on national TV, they do not have high standards, and yet they wouldn't let her get in the ring.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Eva sucks on the Blue Lives Matter dick so she’s good sticking with her horny youtube view count buff.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

On the one hand, yes it was entertaining, but on the other hand when your wrestler is so bad at actually wrestling that you have to come up with convoluted gimmicks to prevent her from even doing a match, you should just cut your losses. Like, this company puts Tamina Snuka and Lacey Evans in the ring on national TV, they do not have high standards, and yet they wouldn't let her get in the ring.

Based on all those Kendrick training videos, she was at least more athletic and coordinated than Tamina.

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
Eva Marie will always have that match in NXT with Bayley.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

coconono posted:

Eva sucks on the Blue Lives Matter dick so she’s good sticking with her horny youtube view count buff.

source your quotes

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ad by Khad posted:

source your quotes

Not worth the effort.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Someone on Wreddit posted about the Kanelis angle. It unsurprisingly brought out the MRAs.

It's just a show so you're not allowed to be uncomfortable!

An excellent booking idea:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOqb_UzJSUQ

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The Montreal Screwjob was a work

I used to think it was real so I guess it worked me well. But think about how open they are with it, how often it's been mentioned in story lines. It made the evil Vince character that can feud with Stone Cold. It makes Brett Hart even more loved by the fans. Like a good babyface he only lost since the other guy cheated him. Now the smart fans see he lost in a way that still shows the whole thing as fantasy. It's what an Attitude Era WWE needs. They are copying ECW and half way admitting what it is while still making it a show. Vince hated ECW yet he could not deny that approach got fans to watch.

If it was real the WWE would have never shown the clip again. How often do you hear about Wendi Richter? Also, Brett came back to the WWE. So he either was not happy with being getting all the respect in the world showing up an indy show for less pay than Vince can afford or he has no morals. He does not need money. I've heard he was not a party guy who blew it on drugs. He's a smart family man who was a top guy. He does not need the WWE to say goodbye to fans or be loved. He came back to close the story line when the time was right.

Lots of wrestlers agree with me too.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The right time for Bret to close the storyline was 2009? By hugging Shawn Michaels and having the most uncomfortable match ever with Vince?

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

boo loving whoo

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Endless Mike posted:

An excellent booking idea:

I'd enjoy this, also it still wouldn't be the worst birth scene in WWE history

highlight of the segment: baby wooing

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Oh reddit.

quote:

I recently read this article from 4 years ago http://sfppr.org/2015/11/culture-clash-why-liberals-hate-pro-wrestling/ many of the reasons they give as to why liberals hate wrestling, hard lined good vs. evil rather than moral relativism, Men being men, rather than the female evolution, seems to be things that Vince et. al. have been trying to "improve" over these last 4 years. Ratings have gone down the shitter at a higher rate that the rest of TV's ratings have also gone down the shiter.

Is this attempt at reaching the left the reason why we are all left out now?

That article they linked is...well its a thing. Example paragraphs:

quote:

Liberal elites dismiss pro wrestling and ignore it as an embarrassment not because it is phony, but it validates things they do not like. For starters, pro wrestling is proudly masculine. It features enormous men with giant, well-sculpted physiques crushing (or seemingly so) other men of like proportions. Here, men are men, without apology. The contrast between the stars of pro wrestling and top male actors and pop singers is striking, as Hollywood increasingly chases femininity as an industry standard for males.

To such condescending liberal palates, the mild violence featured in professional wrestling likewise does not appeal. Liberals are naturally averse to all violence outside the womb. Yet, the violence in these orchestrated matches is quite modest and controlled, not resulting in deaths or the horrific injuries that naturally and inevitably occur in many unscripted athletic competitions.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I've met more commies and anarchists through wrestling than punk rock so I don't think this argument holds wa-t-er.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

DarkstarIV posted:

Oh reddit.

Isn't there a bunch of research that says that despite the leanings of the people who run WWE, their audience skews left politically?

(obviously there's more than WWE, but I somehow doubt GCW or PWG's fanbase skews republican)

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Isn't there a bunch of research that says that despite the leanings of the people who run WWE, their audience skews left politically?

(obviously there's more than WWE, but I somehow doubt GCW or PWG's fanbase skews republican)

Yeah. I remember a survey or something being released in 2015 that showed that WWE's audience leans to the left.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, the wrestling audience skews left because when it comes down to it wrestling is a power fantasy and power fantasy does well with marginalized groups. Even for those right wing fans they're interpreting it as a power fantasy, just the one they want which sounds really gay and horny. (wrestling is really gay and horny)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I remember when Colt Cabana talked about shaving another man's back, all I jerked off to that week was shaving fetish videos.

Wrestling is the word our planet's archeologists will use to describe something very gay and horny.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

We already had this discussion. Some wrestlers, like Big E, are very horny. Others, like John Cena, are volcels.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

You can be horny and asexual. That's why John Cena looks about one bad text away from a shooting spree.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

DarkstarIV posted:

Has whatever brain genius that wrote this poo poo even seen any wrestling newer than 80s WWE?

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

We already had this discussion. Some wrestlers, like Big E, are very horny. Others, like John Cena, are volcels.

john "I gently caress fans too much to have a girlfriend" cena? lol you're joking right? up until cena was in the main event and even a little while after cena would gently caress anything that moved. after he took (mickie?) from kenny dykstra then he stopped loving fans and hosed wrestlers till he married one.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Remember when Cena cucked Zack Ryder

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lid posted:

Remember when Cena cucked Zack Ryder

that was funny as hell because everyone involved tried their hardest not to look miserable during the segments. Cena looked like he just got done sexing a corpse on a dare.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

coconono posted:

I've met more commies and anarchists through wrestling than punk rock so I don't think this argument holds wa-t-er.

Yeah like all my friends are dirty commie punks and they all love indie wrestling.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

I liked when Foley went on Cornette's podcast and was plugging the RAINN wrestlemania contest and explained in complete sincerity that the largest group of donors to the largest anti-sexual violence non-profit in the united states is wrestling fans

also i googled something the other day and came across this old 2012 article, which looking back on is some major Dewey Defeats Truman poo poo:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1128933-wwe-news-why-sheamus-vs-daniel-bryan-was-planned-for-18-seconds

quote:

It wasn't going to happen, but I respect them for trying. Sheamus is the next big star in WWE, and nothing is stopping that. Certainly not Daniel Bryan.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Browsing the new submissions of reddit is a treasure trove for this thread.

quote:

Some of ya'll need to learn your history before you speak. Vince bought out a lot of territories including their film libaries but a lot of territories was already on the verge of going out of business.... He was the first to get on national tv because he could afford the time slots and he had the investors to do so.... Just because they don't have any competition that canbe competitive, and they have the power to expand Nxt in other continents, and they are a the a global powerhouse name.... That does not mean they are a MONOPOLY... What do y'all expect their family is worth at least 3 billion together and they are willing to risk it all investing their last into wrestling... They been doing this since the 40s so do you think they are going to stop now... No matter what y'all say they are not a MONOPOLY
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/chgku2/wwe_is_not_a_monopoly/

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Dimebags Brain posted:

Browsing the new submissions of reddit is a treasure trove for this thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/chgku2/wwe_is_not_a_monopoly/

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/160443/monopoly-wwe

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
you can click on some of those peoples profiles and they literally just post dozens of times a day to defend WWE in every thread. Real weirdos

I'd like to think they're just dumb kids but no kids watch WWE anymore

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Low Desert Punk posted:

you can click on some of those peoples profiles and they literally just post dozens of times a day to defend WWE in every thread. Real weirdos

I'd like to think they're just dumb kids but no kids watch WWE anymore

100% chance they're all 40-year-old dudes still mad that WWE stopped doing bra-and-panty matches

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
There is someone out there making or collecting Global Force Wrestling replica titles. From their timeline I think they are making them?

https://twitter.com/SartoriusKryzzt/status/1154514147557683201

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/vampiro_vampiro/status/1154548197861163008

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

There is someone out there making or collecting Global Force Wrestling replica titles. From their timeline I think they are making them?

Those are the real belts. Jeff left them at the B-U-S S-T-A Ha ha! T-I-O-N!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

https://twitter.com/SartoriusKryzzt/status/1154428777923076102

This feels like performance art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 33 days!
Who the hell is he defending those belts against, is what I want to know :confused: