Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/OutsiderKervin/status/1280651854783877125

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

https://twitter.com/BGeneus/status/1280717399457697797?s=20

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

the downfall of professional wrestling will be because of the fans

good work team. never doubted

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Well the whole McMahon family came out to give us control so one of you had to have been booking all this poo poo

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Dangerous Person posted:

Well the whole McMahon family came out to give us control so one of you had to have been booking all this poo poo

it’s me, I’m responsible for all the cuckoldry

I found a monkey’s paw in the basement and I wished “please no incest poo poo in my TV wrestling” and then it was as if I heard an uncanny, devilish chuckling that chilled the very blood in my veins

sorry :(

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Replace professional wrestling with WWE and I'm all for that poo poo

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/DoxxxyStocksy/status/1220399757635596289

This popped up in a tweet about these old The Holzerman screenshots.

quote:

Mike Quackenbush's Side of the Story
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Quack puts his side out there
Photo Credit: Scott Finkelstein
So, I'm sure by now everyone knows about the accusations that Chris Hero laid at Mike Quackenbush's feet. I wrote about it at length, professing that I'm not sure I cared about what went on backstage, but there's one thing I didn't write that I should have and that I feel bad for not writing at first. We only have heard one side of the story. TWB superfan and wrestling aficionado of all companies regardless of shape or size Samantha Allen transcribed what Quack said on a recent episode of the Grizzly Bear Egg podcast:
In this 7 ½ hour exercise in narcissism, he (Hero) alleges that his departure had to do with conflicts pertaining to a Japanese Wrestling promotion known as Pro Wrestling NOAH. I’m sure people were taken in by this work of fiction. I want to make it clear that this is a bold-faced lie. If there was any truth to this whatsoever, why is it that this man would depart the company in light of this, but his partner (Claudio Castagnoli) who was on all the exact same tours remain. This does not hold any water. This casts us (Quack and Chikara) in a very negative light while the truth behind the departure would cast him in a negative light. And I understand why he would want to create a piece of fiction to protect himself from that. But I’m certain in due time eventually the truth will come to light.
So there. We don't know the "truth" right now, and for all we know, we may never know it. Quack seems to be taking a high road here, which is respectable. I don't want to throw too much shade at Hero for the shoot comments because if he felt like he was wronged, he has a right to air those grievances. That being said, I've always disliked the shoot interview, and oftentimes, the answer to all problems lies somewhere in the middle.

Now, whether that truth lies closer to what Hero said or what Quack is not saying is something that we don't know. Again, I'm not sure I care to know it either. This is a matter between two grown-rear end men, and it doesn't affect my view of how each one of them functions as an artist in the least. I will be waiting with baited breath to see how Kassius Ohno turns out in a WWE ring, and of course I will continue to support and enjoy Chikara wrestling events, especially when Quack is in the ring making magic like he is wont to do.

One man has dedicated so much time to giving Mike the benefit of the doubt. And I can't even imagine being a regular listener to Quack's podcast with the Fox and Friends scam artist guy. It's horrible.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

There's lots of Quack defenders out there, like Solo Darling.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The Holzerman

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

THE Holzerman?!?

HPJoker
Oct 30, 2017
The The The The The The Holzerman

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/j3tandmeus/status/1281346569640407042?s=20

Yes, tell Ricky Morton that he doesn't understand storytelling ...

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Ricky should hit that moron with a destroyer

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

"psychology" is a word that here means "wrestling slowly"

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1281439944758583297?s=20

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I mean I’m down for jobbing Adam Cole out twice in one match but still lol

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

They’ll probably just find away to shoehorn in Johnny Gargano again so they can chump him out.

What happened to Ciampa?

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

The last time they did that, Chris Jericho and [redacted] won titles off of Kurt Angle

it wasn't a super great match tbh, and they probably shouldn't do it again

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/DeathByGraps/status/1282287876307324928?s=19

Why must WWE fans view everything through the lens of WWE

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/wickidsmot/status/1282328171950612480

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

That is some bold optimism.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Because it's the only wrestling they've ever been exposed to or care to be exposed to.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I like how elevating someone new to the main event scene is apparently a foreign concept to Vincels.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its funny because if I logged in and discovered that Jey Uso had turned on Roman Reigns and beat him for the world title I'd be like "Huh, really? Ok, you have my attention."

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Of course, the Vincels won't bat an eye when Otis From The Tag Team Heavy Machinery successfully cashes in on Braun in a couple of months

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jey Uso is good tho

So is EVIL

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Yeah, Jey turning on Roman and beating him for the belt would be a "that sounds crazy, I gotta see this" sort of thing.

Then it would turn out the execution was a wet fart rollup

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Especially because all of that stuff sounds like it would loving rule? Where's my Jey Uso main event push, Vince.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

huh weird that tweet no longer exists lol

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
But when Jinder Mahal wins the Smackdown title, you all tune out :thunk:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

RealFoxy posted:

But when Jinder Mahal wins the Smackdown title, you all tune out :thunk:

It wouldn’t be a push obviously solely based on trying to capture a theoretical market of 1 billion Samoan people so it might have something more interesting going on :shrug:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/CraigPWMusings/status/1282311917361602565?s=19

I cannot imagine interacting with wrestling like this. "EVIL used 25 fouls tonight" and the match "didn't crack 3 stars on @Grappl" wtf dude just say you hated the match and there was too much bullshit instead of trying to sound objective about it and coming across as a weirdo.

Alaois posted:

huh weird that tweet no longer exists lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I wouldnt call that a stupid opinion really... like you may hate the phrasing but a near 40 minute match filled with bullshit that was like maybe 4th best on a below average show as a main event is Reign of Terror Huntor tier.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i mean that wouldn't be terrible, it'd do a lot to strap a rocket to a fresh face in the main event scene, and roman/jey might have some good chemistry for matches. i don't hate it.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

"25 fouls" just makes me imagine Red Shoes throwing yellow flags at every bit of cheating EVIL does and constantly threatening to pull out the red one if he dares hit Naito in the nuts one more time

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

The Cameo posted:

"25 fouls" just makes me imagine Red Shoes throwing yellow flags at every bit of cheating EVIL does and constantly threatening to pull out the red one if he dares hit Naito in the nuts one more time

Welcome to watching MMA

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

close up those fingers, jon

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Lid posted:

I wouldnt call that a stupid opinion really... like you may hate the phrasing but a near 40 minute match filled with bullshit that was like maybe 4th best on a below average show as a main event is Reign of Terror Huntor tier.

There isn't a thread for normal (but wrong) opinions phrased in a stupid way that makes you sound like a dweeb unfortunately. If you hate a match, just say that instead of pretending the Grappl app average rating matters to anyone.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

You can almost see him pushing his glasses back up his nose mid-tweet

I ain't a huge fan of that match and even I want to give him a wedgie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

The Cameo posted:

You just described every MLS referee