Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I guess the Naito to NXT takes are back but this one is probably even dumber

https://twitter.com/RappersRActors/status/1282411806724677635?s=19

Imagine thinking Naito is mad and not happy that he's secured his legacy by getting his two proteges the biggest feud of the summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I will never willfully learn what "grappl" is

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lid posted:

I wouldnt call that a stupid opinion really... like you may hate the phrasing but a near 40 minute match filled with bullshit that was like maybe 4th best on a below average show as a main event is Reign of Terror Huntor tier.

Show was great and the match was really good so it seems like a stupid opinion when someone is counting the fouls to try to prove to themselves something is bad. If they really thought it was bad they would just say "he uses too many fouls" instead of rewatching it to count the fouls and try to trick their brain into hating it.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

NienNunb posted:

I will never willfully learn what "grappl" is

This is the first I've heard of it and I hate it already

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MassRafTer posted:

Show was great and the match was really good so it seems like a stupid opinion when someone is counting the fouls to try to prove to themselves something is bad. If they really thought it was bad they would just say "he uses too many fouls" instead of rewatching it to count the fouls and try to trick their brain into hating it.

It is fact that all good matches have at most 10 fouls

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

smdh, don't they know the heel's job is to rack up as many fouls as they can and get away with it

it's like they've never seen a wrestling match

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If you don't have a full mental list of nut-based offensive attacks for any situation in-ring, what's the point

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"Wow I really liked that match, it was really enjo... oh no, Grapple says it had 12 fouls in it.... no! NOOOOO!!!!!"

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I guess the Naito to NXT takes are back but this one is probably even dumber

https://twitter.com/RappersRActors/status/1282411806724677635?s=19

Imagine thinking Naito is mad and not happy that he's secured his legacy by getting his two proteges the biggest feud of the summer.

Lmao I never thought I'd see "Naito should go to All Japan" takes again. Cripes.

For the record though Ibushi was down for a nuts amount of time. I know it's those stupid fingers that have Iizuka's soul in them but still. They wasted so much time I explicitly thought it was to give Ibushi time to come back. But uh no it was just to hit 200 dragon screws and then.....not submit him with a leg based submission move....?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MJeff posted:

Lmao I never thought I'd see "Naito should go to All Japan" takes again. Cripes.

https://twitter.com/WEYLAND_NZ/status/1282309204951199750?s=19

The funniest thing is that most of the hardcore Naito fans I know seem cool with the story and most of the people I see hating it are like WWE people or workrate people.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Because most hardcore Naito fans generally know Naito's history and thus probably remember that 2016 is a thing. :lol:

Also what true warmblooded LIJ fan could shun a Hiromu main event, I ask you.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
"Naito will never have his moment" -- literally 7 months after Naito got one of the biggest moments in company history

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I love Naito and I love the story because Naito's story is a story of failure. Everytime he is on top of the mountain someone immediately pulls him back down. I love that loser.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Benne posted:

"Naito will never have his moment" -- literally 7 months after Naito got one of the biggest moments in company history

Ruined by the cowardly Gedo and no-knees Kenta.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

They want him to win all the belts ever, stand tall, get a rollcall with every member of LIJ ever and get pyro and confetti all to close a Wrestle Kingdom. They won't be happy until it happens, so they'll never be happy, because that's not a realistic thing that's going to happen and it never was

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

The heat KENTA got for ruining his moment was extremely great

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

They want him to win all the belts ever, stand tall, get a rollcall with every member of LIJ ever and get pyro and confetti all to close a Wrestle Kingdom. They won't be happy until it happens, so they'll never be happy, because that's not a realistic thing that's going to happen and it never was

If that happened he might as well retire. That's the ending of the story.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

I mean.

It was literally about a minute from happening before Gedo decided he had to get a jump start on those New Beginning tickets :laffo:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Neodoomium posted:

:agreed:

JOHN CENA posted:

i will never understand naito die-hards

I'll give this an :agreed: too

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jul 13, 2020

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Neodoomium posted:

*flashbacks to people posting it got no heat, KENTA got no reactions, and it was a waste of Naito's moment*

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i will never understand naito die-hards

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Lid posted:

*flashbacks to people posting it got no heat, KENTA got no reactions, and it was a waste of Naito's moment*

I too enjoy reminiscing about the many, many, many times I was right.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
KENTA is better than EVIL

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Lid posted:

KENTA is better than EVIL

he's still a rat bastard who should get his rear end kicked by katsuyori shibata :colbert:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

RealFoxy posted:

But when Jinder Mahal wins the Smackdown title, you all tune out :thunk:

Real talk: at least, regardless of the motive, they were trying to push someone new into the main event picture, and at least it was a person of colour. But gently caress me, Jinder Mahal?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i know it was the flow of conversation but i would like to do my fellow posters a solid and remind them not to talk about posts on this subforum in here. especially in these sensitive times about naito. it feels weird being IK and i don't want to push anyone to stop enjoying themselves too much considering the dumb ways that i interact with you all, so i'm trying to just be a guiding light rather than a 'force'.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jul 13, 2020

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
so grappl is just cagematch but exclusive to mobile for some loving reason

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Low Desert Punk posted:

so grappl is just cagematch but exclusive to mobile for some loving reason

An approach that's working wonders for Quibi

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

What's Quibi?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Rarity posted:

What's Quibi?

Soon to be nothing, based on their numbers

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rarity posted:

What's Quibi?

Not much, what's Quibli with you?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Cavauro posted:

i know it was the flow of conversation but i would like to do my fellow posters a solid and remind them not to talk about posts on this subforum in here. especially in these sensitive times about naito. it feels weird being IK and i don't want to push anyone to stop enjoying themselves too much considering the dumb ways that i interact with you all, so i'm trying to just be a guiding light rather than a 'force'.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

no jokes allowed for you. the rest of us it's still allowed but it appears you're now on a "list" of jokers who've done one too many tricks.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

yea ok posted:

no jokes allowed for you. the rest of us it's still allowed but it appears you're now on a "list" of jokers who've done one too many tricks.

eh that post sucked

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
What's IK?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MJeff posted:

What's IK?

IDK

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

MJeff posted:

What's IK?

the idiot king, which I gather is a largely toothless sub-mod position

now, what incomprehensible impulse drove him to (pretend to) even a scrap of moderating responsibility for this god-forgotten grapforums, I can’t begin to understand, much less explain

(i <3 our moderator team; somehow, lifetimes ago, I ended up in the position like twice, albeit for much smaller communities, and while it was fun and instructive you couldn’t pay me enough cash to do it again :angel: )

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I know this derail was kicked off by a very on-topic tweet of a stupid wrestling fan opinion, but it's gone way off course so go back to posting stupid wrestling fan opinions please.

Here's somebody deciding that Brian Cage isn't manly enough :psyduck:

https://twitter.com/suttleman44/status/1282414992151764994

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Brian Cage is manly enough for like, three men

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Cage is literally 3 men in one of those Halloween muscle suits look it up people