Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
The Final Sacrifice is my favorite MST3K. Please rename me Beer on the Sun to reflect these views.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I'm not sure why but this letter in the 5/4/98 Observer cracked me up.

quote:

Please lay off the sarcasm of wrestlers religious beliefs. For a person who has always protected the private lives and sexuality of wrestlers, you seen to have a problem with people who find Jesus. Any relationship with God is not to be questioned by you or I. Your comment about Nikita Koloff letting his hair grow and finding Jesus offended me.

Woody Barton

Gloverville, South Carolina

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

rovert posted:

If it's a choice between watching ROH on Sunday morning at 1AM on a Sinclair channel or Wednesday night on a national cable network in primetime, I would think they'd make the sacrifice and choose the latter. Or they could choose to watch it twice.

This is the really telling part, because watching ROH twice to support it on DA implies they'd be watching the programming in between the first and second airings.

He's trying to logic ROH fans into watching TNA because it's bookended with ROH repeats.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Joel was funnier, Mike was having a better time with it all.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

DeathChicken posted:

Joel was funnier, Mike was having a better time with it all.

Joel also had a more interesting relationship with the bots.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

joel and mike are not stupid wrestling fan opinions tweets asylums meccas or fresh babinsacks

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Alouicious posted:

if Roger Corman ran a fed

it'd probably be exactly like ROH, honestly

Yeah, this is a better comparison. TNA under Dixie would be more of a Coleman Francis production.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

Delsaber posted:

Yeah, this is a better comparison. TNA under Dixie would be more of a Coleman Francis production.

TNA is the "The Room" of Wrestling. Like if you see the LOLTNA HIstory page there's the sentence "TNA never followed up on this" 17 or so times on there, just like how LEESA's mother mentions breast cancer in her first scene and is seen five more times in the movie without any update.

Hell, that's TNA-style writing in general, Tommy Wiseau's reasoning behind never mentioning the breast cancer thing again is "It's a twist haaaanh, you got swerved for expecting me to only put things on the screen that matter in the long-term storyline"

EDIT: Also Kurt Angle is the equivalent of Tommy himself because Karen tore him apart and cheat on him and everyone betray him and steroids

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

DynamiteKidd posted:

TNA is the "The Room" of Wrestling. Like if you see the LOLTNA HIstory page there's the sentence "TNA never followed up on this" 17 or so times on there, just like how LEESA's mother mentions breast cancer in her first scene and is seen five more times in the movie without any update.

Hell, that's TNA-style writing in general, Tommy Wiseau's reasoning behind never mentioning the breast cancer thing again is "It's a twist haaaanh, you got swerved for expecting me to only put things on the screen that matter in the long-term storyline"

EDIT: Also Kurt Angle is the equivalent of Tommy himself because Karen tore him apart and cheat on him and everyone betray him and steroids

The Room has a big cult following because of how ridiculously over the top bad it is. TNA doesn't have anything like that because most of the time they're just incompetent in a way that's utterly uncharming or interesting but still mildly offensive. TNA is the Gigli of wrestling promotions.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Aesop Poprock posted:

The Room has a big cult following because of how ridiculously over the top bad it is. TNA doesn't have anything like that because most of the time they're just incompetent in a way that's utterly uncharming or interesting but still mildly offensive. TNA is the Gigli of wrestling promotions.

we kinda are that cult following :negative:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Alouicious posted:

if Roger Corman ran a fed

it'd probably be exactly like ROH, honestly

Surely more like LU?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Aesop Poprock posted:

Gigli at least has like a few scenes that are funny in a really surreal way. TNA not so much.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

These are all stupid wrestling fan opinions.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

RZApublican posted:

Gigli at least has like a few scenes that are funny in a really surreal way. TNA not so much.

that's all tna is

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

RZApublican posted:

James Storm and Mickie James beg to differ

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Maxwell Lord posted:

Surely more like LU?

if only there was a film director more directly related to Lucha Underground

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

quote:

JBL is a total idiot the flag is a battle flag if you look at the British flag its the same except with out two bars one in the middle and one threw the sides as the union jack displays. The flag is history of the south it has never stood for racism not every one in the south during that time owned slaves or ever did the flag has 13 stars of the original 13 colonies the flag was the flag of the south to separate from the same problems the caused the war with Britain in 1776 if you know your history president George Washington owned slaves as so did some of are other former presidents back then including Thomas Jefferson and states men Ben Franklin and Sam Adams and his family i had great relatives fight on both sides two were officers under Gen. Grant and the other two were officers whom served under Gen. Stonewall Jackson and my family owned cotton fields and tobbaco fields and NEVER NEVER owned slaves my family worked the own fields. So be fore you open your mouth and don’t know what your talking about or have never served you country don’t put down any flag the rest of the country does nit put down your home state flag of Texas where red necks drag African Americans down dirt roads to death yes there are people that use that flag in hate like grand dragon dave duke ( former governor and CEO of Wal-Mart ) and who is with the clan but that flag was ment for battle not hatred so all I’m saying if that flag comes down so should the lone star flag i spent 13 yrs in the army and i know plenty of african americans who dont care about if the flag flys it ment and stood for all of the brave men cousins, brothers, fathers who fought and gave there lives to not be ruled under ternary and taxation that we u and i was not born during then the south was starving then and like just about what’s happening know with the PRICK we have in office now you think your better then ever one else and your not hell you dont even live in this country as you say on tv so really you shouldnt even open your mouth you dont deserve the right and i dont care if you live hear in the states for 6months of the year in New York in a pint house live like a real american day by day pay check to pay check for once like you use to or have you forgotten to.

:stare:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Father of the Year

e: also things are dire, friends.

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jun 25, 2015

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
You know things in TNA are bad when even the Mecca is tired of its poo poo.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

flashy_mcflash posted:

Father of the Year

e: also things are dire, friends.

This feels strangely sad.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That piece of poo poo doesn't deserve PWG

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jack Anderson posted:

You know things in TNA are bad when even the Mecca is tired of its poo poo.

Or they are finally doing something right.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

what happened that they are turning on tna

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

HulkaMatt posted:

Matt Morgan, Hernandez, and Jarrett are back, Shark Boy's back on an upcoming show, Vader appeared and wrestled (badly), Low Ki's gone, Austin Aries is about to be gone, they still have no clue if TNA will be on TV in a few months, and their two big titles (tag and world) aren't being defended on their $40 PPV that airs in a few days

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

HulkaMatt posted:

They are unhappy with the way this round of tapings is screwing up the ppv on Sunday and that a bunch of wrestlers are bailing on the company

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Mahahahaha someone on The Board did this

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

Or they are finally doing something right.

Bumping your longest running angle any main event off of a PPV just so you can stick Jeff Jarrett in a KOTM is the right thing to do?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Push incoming for Shaun Ricker because Dixie remembered to follow him on Twitter recently.

He has been full-time on the roster since March, and debuted in February.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Mecca no... don't turn on TNA. Please :ohdear:

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Fans not turning on TNA is how the company got in this mess to begin with!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ayn rand hand job posted:

Bumping your longest running angle any main event off of a PPV just so you can stick Jeff Jarrett in a KOTM is the right thing to do?

If TNAMecca thinks it is a bad idea there's a good chance it is a good one.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Stop Lying Dave!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

triplexpac posted:

Mecca no... don't turn on TNA. Please :ohdear:

WHY TNAMECCA WHY?! :cry:

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Rarity posted:

WHY TNAMECCA WHY?! :cry:

There gooooooooone.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
If TNAMecca turns, it will be the...

How many nails has it been?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Regal is struggling with moderating his site's no spoiler policy when fifty million stories are happening this week:

quote:

Chris Regal
a minute ago
One more tease and CHAT gets locked. There's no point in CHAT when some feel apprehensive about coming here because of the teases.

Is it too much to ask to just relax and have fun? If you can't help yourself and you need to read spoilers, then feel free to discuss them on the site where you read them. But to come back here and tease them when others have stayed strong and not have looked at the spoilers is rude and inconsiderate.

Posters have to pretend everything is ok.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

lmao that not looking at spoilers is "staying strong"

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

rovert posted:

Posters have to pretend everything is ok.

That's a real alien concept around here.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

epitasis posted:

lmao that not looking at spoilers is "staying strong"

When you're a TNA fan you have to take every little victory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

sticklefifer posted:

When you're a TNA fan you have to take every little victory.

Like the new champion not having a tumor on his spine