Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The solution is for him to let his contract expired, then sign with TNA. Those fans stalking him would quickly lose interest in him real fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

rovert posted:

David Gilbert was the guy who interviewed Bryan Alvarez about to two months ago.

His retorts to Bryan's criticisms of TNA were the following:

quote:

'Well, it doesn't have to have continuity.'
'Well, it doesn't have to make sense.'
'Well, it's not supposed to be serious.'
'Well, it's not supposed to be believable.'

Well, be fair, those retorts could apply to WWE as well.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Daniel Bryan posted:

More TNAMecca gems from today

The only place I've heard about this DA/TNA story is here. In PSP. If you guys weren't discussing it, I never would have heard about it. I've seen ZERO mention of it anywhere else.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Grendels Dad posted:

That's right, bumping from a clothesline is exactly as dangerous as taking a powerbomb on the barricade.

Wait, what?

Well, it does depend on who's giving the clothesline and who's taking it.

Early in their WWE careers Batista legitimately knocked Randy Orton out twice at two different house shows with clotheslines.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

I know it isn't Friday yet but this account will be at the top of my #FF!

Missing the ring.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

WeaponX posted:

yeah I get being a super-fan of a brand, whatever, but not only do they constantly take dixie's (and now destination america's) mistreatment with glee but they furiously defend them for a reason I will never understand. apples and oranges and all but vince gets crucified practically every WWE discussion thread.

I honestly don't know what's worse, the TNA fans who keep watching blind to the fact how bad it is, or the WWE fans who keep watching despite being well aware how bad it is.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

Impact also has a really big ironically entertaining factor 75% of the time whereas Raw is often just dull as gently caress.

WWE has also existed for 50 years; they should be beyond making these kinds of mistakes.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Thauros posted:

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with the Last Ride except for that it replaced an iconic great finisher. I'd be all for giving it to someone else.

Well, Albert was using it as a finisher before Taker.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

achillesforever6 posted:

I mean when you consider how much the Tombstone hosed Undertaker's knees I could see why he took the opportunity to do a move that was less hell on them

Except for all the extra weight of another person that he had to support lifting people over his head. That couldn't have helped his knees much.

Should've just kept the Dragon Sleeper.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

sticklefifer posted:

"Never once did I say this was 100% confirmed."

"gently caress."

"The decision to change it was made at the last minute."

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

It would also supply this thread with endless fuel once Mecca and Asylum got wind of it, so I'm all for it.

Especially if ROH did even slightly better than TNA on Spike.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

In the 70s and early 80s. He had one of the most famous/profitable feuds in wrestling history with Bruno. He demanded a ton of money as the feud went on so he was depushed after the feud, left a year later and his career flamed out from there.

He's also a former tag team champion with Tony Garea.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I know that more competition is good for the wrestling business, but I want Impact to get canceled so bad just to see how these guys try to spin it as Meltzer still being totally off base

'with Impact now free to be released for free on Youtube, it can reach a far bigger audience than ever before. Destination America was just holding TNA back'

Oh no, I'm sure they would be blaming Meltzer for TNA being canceled.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I am a marketing wunderkind who doesn't know how twitter works

Or spell check.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Dave has more than Bram, though

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Revenant Threshold posted:

You get a new contract! And you get a new contract! Everyone gets a new contract!

It's a perfect fit.

Bram gets a new contract! And Bram gets a new contract! Bram gets a new contract.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Benne posted:

Curtis Axel's next gimmick will be him shaving his head and come to the ring screaming about REAL FIGHTING NONE OF THIS FAKE PANSY CRAP before getting rolled up by El Torito

Vince brings back Kama, The Supreme Fighting Machine

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

coconono posted:

They lost the lawyer's number and the email address Dixie has isn't correct.

At this point, I can't tell if you're serious or not.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Stephanie hasn't been involved in creative in over a year.

No, but I'm sure if she went up to someone and said, "Nah, I want you to do this instead", they wouldn't be allowed to refuse.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Harris Twins

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Benne posted:

Rollins should bring back the Curb Stomp and call it the Goose Step

When he turned face, the fans would cheer the hell out of Baron Von Raschke as he goose stepped around the ring

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

WeaponX posted:

1. Book a Goldberg copycat winning streak building up to a big PPV match
2. Accidentally gently caress up the taping schedule and show her lose before the PPV
3. Pretend like nothing happened and have her still lose the big PPV match by DQ
4. Book her on a long losing streak in which she changes gimmicks
5. gently caress up taping schedule again and show her wrestling in her old gimmick one week after the change
6. Stop booking her cause she left the company suddenly one day without telling anyone
7. Take credit for her success when she inevitably finds it somewhere else

Done.

Wow, other than the taping schedule, they are copying WWE's playbook

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

I don't know whether to be pissed off or amused at the combo of this post and your avatar.

Probably a bit of both.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

ParanoidInc posted:

really wish WWE hadn't stolen TNA's tactic of being unbearably lovely

Be fair now, WWE had that down pat long before TNA was a thing.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

sticklefifer posted:

Never mind that buying a Super Bowl spot costs like triple the budget of the entirety of TNA.

Ooooooh, no, no, no. You don't get it. They think that since TNA and the Superbowl are both "on" CBS, TNA would get a Superbowl ad for free.

Somebody needs to go over there and get them salivating at the idea of a TNA match happening at the Super Bowl halftime. Like, a ring on the field kind of thing.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/673952476677058560/photo/1

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

St Evan Echoes posted:

He's just bitter she won't tell him where she found her elixir of youth

Same place Christopher Daniels did, I presume.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

He looks and is perceived as much younger because JR has been around forever and at the time the average WWE fan had known about UFC for about a year.

Best thing about the Goldberg thing was WWE was actually going to pay him to no show a UFC PPV. You know, the same kind of tactics they whined about WCW doing during the Monday Night Wars.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Yeah, maybe next year they'll get that Superbowl ad!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Hoss Corncave posted:

Speaking of Mecca, has anyone there had a meltdown over AJ's appearance on the Edge and Christian Show? I can see the Mecca folks getting pissy about them laughing at TNA.

"SEE? WWE's so scared of TNA that they try to make fun of them. It only goes to show that they KNOW TNA's better than them"

-what I imagine someone on TNAMecca has probably said.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

AkumaHokoru posted:

We only need 3 hours (of which 35 minutes are used for matches)

Works for WWE?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Alain Post posted:

This might be a weird opinion but they should have just made it an appropriately sized version of the Men's belt, like how all the UFC belts look the same. I kinda figured the "Giant logo" thing was sort of them being envious of the UFC belts, anyway.

I hate that all the UFC belts look the same. They should at least have the weight division on them. But no title should ever look like the crap ones they use in boxing.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

spongeh posted:

i need some fresh tna tears now that eric young is also in nxt. where are the stuid mecca opinions.

I'm sure with the signing of Joe, Aries, Roode, and Young, you'll be seeing a lot of "WWE considers TNA a threat, which is why they're signing all of their talent away!" posts.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

AkumaHokoru posted:

I have seen the "you hated them in tna so you cant like them now" posts at an absurd frequency...as if being in a company they hate wouldnt have an negative affect the wrestler.

I think it's more of saying a wrestler has been awful for the last ten years (i.e. Eric Young), where now that he's in NXT he's suddenly decent?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Blast Fantasto posted:

What kind of moron only wants there to be one type of wrestling match

Vince McMahon

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

ParanoidInc posted:

i'd love to understand the mindset that looks at AJ's career and thinks "boy, he really was such a dick to TNA"

He's still not there, is he?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

super macho dude posted:

tna's future is just stop motion action figure matches posted on facebook

Borash and Carter giving commentary of non-existent matches on a free podcast

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Benne posted:

Ricky Steamboat famously never turned heel. I think he said he would've liked to do a heel run at some point but promoters just didn't want to risk it because he was such a natural babyface.

He said that in his second WWF run, where he was simply called "The Dragon" he went to Patterson and asked if he could turn heel, since he hated the fire breathing gimmick (he said it was impossible to breathe after having a mouthful of gas). Patterson told him that they could send him out there with a chainsaw to cut someone's head off, and the crowd still wouldn't boo him.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Marquis de Pyro posted:

How would WWE even re-write TNA history?

'Actually, it was even shittier than you thought!'

Blue dot over Christian Cage's face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Endorph posted:

He's average height for a white dude. For a japanese guy, he's actually pretty tall.

To be fair, Taijiri spends most of his matches hunched over.