Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

quote:

Plus, it's awkward to watch the old, then follow the new, and realize that there is a difference.

This sentence is going to give me an aneurysm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Cue Dixie's Lost tweet about how not everything has to make sense.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Is it sad that I Ctrl+F'd for "bruno" before trying to read that?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

I just reupped my F4W/WON subscription last week after 2 years or so, and I love how on the site, that article has no indication of the author in the link and no byline. That can't be an accident.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Great White Hope posted:

Rey hasn't really been that active since January 2010. Who returned in January 2010? #AskQuestions

Damnit, Edge

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

quote:

For some reason, there’s a cool chant that resonates in my brain, which isn’t non-violent, and yet remains simplistic enough for that concept called a catchphrase, and this was one that so many fans spontaneously erupted with during that shining era of ROH, and the first year or so of Joe’s tenure with TNA. I’m sure my hardcore peeps know what I’m talking about.

I have no loving idea what he's talking about here. Guess I am not one of his hardcore peeps. :newlol:

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Reading it back, the "isn't non-violent" makes it probably "JOE IS GONNA KILL YOU."

And who the gently caress can't pronouce "Samoa" besides Scott Steiner?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

I peeped that new Babinsack on Seth Rollins today. For starters:

quote:

Yeah, I’d be more favorable to the WWE if they every sent me product, but I know there’s a time to ignore and a time to comment, and now’s the best time to comment.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

quote:

From a sports logic perspective, isn’t it about time that the WWE notices that pitting monsters against smaller guys just causes bad dynamics?

Vader vs Sting/Mutoh/Inoki/HBK/pretty much everyone = bad dynamics, everybody.

(Actually Vader vs HBK kind of was a bad dynamic but for different reasons)

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jul 24, 2014

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Noted spotfest junkie and Backlund detractor Dave Meltzer pays too much attention to the technical stuff.

E: The dude who says to Dave that comparing TRT abuse to steroids is "laughable" is even better.

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Aug 4, 2014

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

From the DVDVR boards, a place I loved a decade ago but is pretty much poo poo now:

quote:

Ambrose/Rollins made the stipulation for the match meaningless about six minutes in, had some lovely crowd brawling and wandering around ringside, and then had that terrible spot where Ambrose dove on Rollins while the latter was being carried back by the lumberjacks which was so lame and clearly set up that it took me totally out of the match. Obviously, it worked with the live crowd, so obviously "actively bad" is a more obviously subjective judgment than it would be for many other matches, but I really hated it.

I don't think pro wrestling is for you, son.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Karmine posted:

I love the idea of WWE champion Brock Lesnar wanting to avenge a loss from three years ago in the UFC.

He should borrow Orlando Jordan's time machine.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Is this Holzerman dude someone I should know?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Another DVDVR gem:

quote:

they should not be broadcasting nxt on the network nor advertising it as a special event. It has nothing to do with match quality, but rather you are overexposing future stars, taking away the surprise of their arrival, and allowing fans to see them developing. Latest example, the Ascension...loses title to a former WWE jobber and 5'6 luchador, beat up by one guy on the way out the door, yet you expect them to be built as credible challengers on the big show. Does them no favors.

As a Pirates fan ( :suicide: ) living in Indy, I sure got tired of seeing Andrew McCutchen when he was with the Indianapolis Indians and gave no fucks about him by the time he became the Pirates' franchise player.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

That dude got totally buried for such a stupid post and ended up resorting to ad hominem misogyny attacks on another poster. :)

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

DDP also got a lot of poo poo for his bumping style as well.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Yeah, he would usually take rolling bumps rather than flat back bumps.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

When I was a kid I always wanted to drink beer cause my dad did and smoke cause my dad did and wear a bra around the house cause my dad did.

Oh cool your dad was Trevor Philips?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

alright AJ give us our Pioneer award back

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

that's clearly RDV, sir

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Dave Meltzer RTs someone mentioning the Yankees acquiring Babe Ruth's contract 95 years ago today, and follows up with this tweet which unearths a live one in the responses:

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/548559813869715456

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Wish Dave would've just responded with "Go outside."

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

And almost a decade later, the WON with a bio about Ann Calvello might well have been one of his best ever issues.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Can I post a dumb MMA opinion from a wrestling board? From ProWrestlingOnly re: the TUF Heavyweights season:

bobkatt013 posted:

(Well...maybe [Rampage's] making fun of Roy Nelson was pretty funny and likeable. But nobody likes Roy Nelson.)

:fuckoff:

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

I'd almost argue that getting paid to write that poo poo makes him worse than Babinsack by default.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

I wonder if Japan has a YakultSwallowsfan4ever equivalent who posts puro scoops.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

doc took one look at Bray's ankle and said "You really want Sheamus"

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

From Pro Wrestling Only, a board that is half-really interesting and half-utter stuck up garbage, comes this:

quote:

Can you imagine the final round of Mayweather v Pacquiao, Amir Khan running down to the ring completely fresh and cashing in his contract and getting to box the worn out champion for a few more rounds? That is how ridiculous this charade is, unbelievable that they have run with it for ten years.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

a lot of horrible over-analysis of a horrible grantland writer itt

Seriously. I think he annoys me more than Babinsack.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

epitasis posted:

did anybody read the kotaku article on nxt women? I'm not gonna but thought this might be the place to ask

It's certainly better than any and all of Shoemaker's word puke.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

duyarvish posted:

What happens to the fansites if TNA actually does go under? Do they migrate to a new company?

crapwagon.com, the auto racing equivalent of TNA Mecca, apparently still exists 7 years after the IRL/Champ Car merger. So they'll probably stay and continue whining about Robin Miller Big Dave.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Some dude on Twitter said Dave guaranteed an imminent TNA/WGN deal in the WON, Dave asked him to give the date of the WON he said this in, and he couldn't give it but Dave totally said it bro.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Dave should just go Karl Anderson and respond with exterior pictures of his house.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

and Dave coughs laughs all the way to the bank

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

I choose to believe that they're like that Tea Party facebook site and it's just y'all trolling each other. And I'd still be less delusional than they are.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Dave is back at it on Twitter today.

Can I vote Dave Meltzer vs. TNA zealots as feud of the year in the WON awards?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

http://www.tnamecca.com/2015/05/an-open-letter-to-roh-fans.html?spref=tw

First thing this reminded me of was the "Vote Linda and Obama" push from right before the 2012 election.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

HulkaMatt posted:

Do they sell them now? For years you just had to bring them yourselves and then eventually the one fan who goes to every show became STREAMER GUY and just shared about 100 with fans.

IIRC there were streamers left under the chairs at the ROH shows I went to.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Spermgod posted:

I don't think New Japan/UWFI resulted in very many good matches.

Hashimoto/Takada loving ruled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Spermgod posted:

yeah uhh i should probably watch that one

It's great. Stiff as hell, nuclear crowd heat, and doesn't overstay its welcome at all.