Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Well I guess if TNA can make it work with Low-Ki's ego (so far), Ricker might not be so bad a pickup.

They're going to stiff-shot Ricker with a pipe, too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Aesop Poprock posted:

Don't ROH run a few consecutive night (and venue) shows a year and have since pretty much forever?

But have they ever drawn as low as TNA? I think not.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Defiance Industries posted:

"More physiologic wrestling" is my favorite reason. It's by far the most cromulent.

I can't tell if he meant to say "More physical wrestling" or "More psychological wrestling".

Either way, they need to bring back I.R.S. but with a psychiatrist gimmick.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Mar 15, 2015

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Under the vegetable posted:

Instead of a tribute, Stephanie coincidentally cut a promo at the opening of the show to Sting talking about bad dogs. Bad dogs, or, perros del mal.

The bad dogs are in la zona de piscina adjunta, Sting.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Mar 24, 2015

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Fauxhawk Express posted:

From Pro Wrestling Only, a board that is half-really interesting and half-utter stuck up garbage, comes this:

This but with Mike Tyson running in instead.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

flashy_mcflash posted:

This is seriously some Manson Cult-rear end rhetoric right here

A reminder that this very same guy was insisting up and down that AJ leaving was a work until the minute he debuted for NJPW.

I kind of want to believe that this is babbies first cult experience to these people, because I can think of a thousand better cults to join than one dedicated to a lovely failing wrestling promotion.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

Could WWE release a worker so lovely that even TNA wouldn't sign them?

Heidenreich

I mean drat they didn't even bring him back to team with Snitsky when they brought in Snitsky for one show

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Corzaa posted:

He started posting in r/ufc. Hes lost the plot at this point.

He's just biding his time until he starts posting again as JetsFan4Ever.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Luigi Thirty posted:

TNA's not even funny bad anymore. It's just bland and inoffensive like 2001 WCW.

Unlike 2001 WCW though, TNA doesn't have Scott Steiner.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 10:41 on May 8, 2015

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

sticklefifer posted:

Putting Dean in the title hunt as a tweener who won't align with either Rollins or Reigns because they all want the title is really the best way to go, and it would build seamlessly to a Shield triple threat. Reigns splits the crowd enough and Rollins is hated enough that Dean could be put in an ambiguous position without Reigns going down in flames.

But remember, you gotta make Reigns look strong.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

mariooncrack posted:

I'm sure if TNA goes under, someone will do tna reunion shows that all the TNA fans will watch.

And that someone's name is Tommy Dreamer.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

oatgan posted:

A cult used to advertise on destination america's TNA

Holy poo poo, what

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 01:55 on May 16, 2015

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Mods, please namechange me to Fubbi Quantz.

Also when is ECKANKAR gonna validate the American Maitreya, Dan Quinn.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 02:00 on May 16, 2015

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

goc posted:

For all the poo poo TNA gets, Lucha Underground's business model seems just as unsustainable and bad. Oh and from what I've heard Destination America isn't upset so much about the ratings just that none of the new TNA audience has stuck around for their other shows, and more importantly, they can't get anyone to buy ads for iMPACT (or at least not at the prices that they would get for any non-wrestling show doing comparable ratings)

Doesn't Lucha Underground also run on UniMás? I remember hearing months ago or something that they usually pull in 300,000 viewers a week from UniMás.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Alain Post posted:

I want to see what happens when WWE buys the TNA tape library.

Are You Serious? comes back and never goes away

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I am now envisioning the TNA Mecca propagandists virulently advocating a "scorched earth" policy when TNA finally collapses, so as not to give the WWEnemy a single thing they can use in their favor. :v:

#KEEPTHISDEAD

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

The big difference between Hillary and TNA is that Hillary will be on TV next year.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

SpaceWolfPurrp posted:

??? Fish Guy would be a way better name for Bobby

Not gonna lie it took me a second to realize that ??? Fish Guy wasn't just him trying to remember Shark Boy's name.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

TNA is cooler than ROH because it had

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BasP6plMlZU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

IronCladBurrito posted:

Someone's trolling, right? I mean, that's the only explanation for the last tweet.

Clearly Ben Miller is just being a Rational Actor.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Doo-Wop Duodenum posted:

impact wrestling on destination america

how did it get there

change the channel, nothing happens

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Aesop Poprock posted:

The Room has a big cult following because of how ridiculously over the top bad it is. TNA doesn't have anything like that because most of the time they're just incompetent in a way that's utterly uncharming or interesting but still mildly offensive. TNA is the Gigli of wrestling promotions.

Gigli at least has like a few scenes that are funny in a really surreal way. TNA not so much.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Stupid Wrestling Fan Opinions: Divide penis!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Punchsport Pagoda: You know, I didn't wake up today thinking I would kayfabe the entirety of DBZ. It's funny how life works.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Aesop Poprock posted:

They're basically the same thing

Example: Bob Sapp

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Mob posted:

He's also mostly deaf and hosts a podcast where he interviews indy guys and former stars who work the shows. I haven't brought myself to listen to them yet. There's another guy who has a Trapper Keeper he decorated with ICP stickers and pictures he cut out of magazines and it's just full of autographs on lined notebook paper inside plastic slips.

I should mention I don't even watch the wrestling at my local shows because the crowd is far more interesting.

Was this the same guy that dressed up as a reporter at the first GFW show to trick wrestlers into giving interviews?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Ricochet is only 26 :allears:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

flashy_mcflash posted:

I wish I had the type or quantity of drugs to make me this positive

We just need India

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

flashy_mcflash posted:

bram life matters

New thread subtitle

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

All we need is a WON subscription

We just need Big Dave

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Jack Anderson posted:

Once read a fanfic where John Morrison was a zombie slayer. No weird fetishes, just JoMo splitting heads open while insulting Carlito and Primo.

That sounds like the next season of Lucha Underground.

And it feels so good to not have to put (hypothetical) in front of next season anymore :allears:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

A new Terminator film starring Scott Steiner.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Big Poppa Pumpinator

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

quote:

These facts, this evidence of collusion, was enough that my legal team saw and was granted an injunction via the seventh circuit court that prevents Matt Hardy from appearing on Impact Wrestling as TNA World Champion.

If TNA is based in Nashville and the event in question happened in North Carolina, then why is he filing an injunction through a circuit court that only covers Illinois, Indiana, and Wisconsin?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Remember the time Chucky was on Nitro, and Rick Steiner told him "You can't see me"?

John Cena certainly does.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I almost want to tweet Bob Ryder to ask how he would have booked Rousey in TNA

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

POP is gonna buy them a new billboard in Times Square, too.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

MassRafTer posted:

I feel like I should close the thread now.

I can't wait until this same time next year where we hear about the perks of being part of the ABC family.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Have they ever said that Triple H's reign as the shovel king is just a ripoff of Jeff Jarrett's run in TNA? Because that seems like a train of thought that'd work here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

A billboard in every state!