Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

triplexpac posted:

I love the argument that Eric Young worked hard to get to where he is, and Daniel Bryan didn't do much at all

Also I don't think anyone is talking poo poo about Young himself. Dude HAS worked hard and is a solid worker with charisma. But he wasn't in the 'Daniel Bryan' spot. He was in the 'Heath Slater' spot, and TNA apparently did nothing before this to change that. And this is the company that made people give a poo poo about James Storm by BUILDING to his title shot! Spend a month having Young beat more credible guys and Magnus first laughs him off, then starts ducking him, before he manages to get maybe his one and only shot, then you MIGHT have something. But taking an opening match job guy and hot-shotting the belt to him in an obvious attempt to cash in on the hottest angle on the industry leader's biggest show of the year? How can anyone, with the rosiest coloured glasses, see that as comparable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Skinty McEdger posted:

Eric Young's world elite character was absolutely "I'm not being a clown for you anymore"

Although that was more a Jericho rip-off than anything, I think. It certainly had the 'monotone bad guy that speaks slowly and wears a suit' thing going on.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Well, we had one wrestler who used voodoo to get an edge, why not have one who uses science, bitch?

Reliable sources indicate Warrior killed by ricin powder slipped into his protein shake by a shady individual in a snazzy hat, known only as "Farmer Burns"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Also, Dixie's character totally isn't like Stephanie and AJ wasn't copying CM Punk and and and...

:goonsay:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

Someone on TSE forums is pissed at AJ winning the IWGP Championship

:lol: AJ worse than Low Ki

And no poo poo TNA pushed him hard, considering until they got Joe (and after they hosed Joe up) he was the closest thing they had to a homegrown superstar.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

That's crazy, like Brandi said, Cody doesn't wear contacts. Stardust does. If Cody put in contacts to become Stardust, he wouldn't be able to SEE. :colbert:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

HulkaMatt posted:

I agree, WWE should book WrestleMania to be a joint show with a place like All Japan in the less than 2k seat arena, Korakuen Hall.

I kind of want them to announce they're running the Tokyo Dome in conjunction with New Japan, the same weekend, just to see the TNA zealots try and convince themselves their show will be bigger.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Hey, now, 'noticed' is not the same thing! He just sees it in his recommendations, finds that it doesn't feature Bruno, and ignores it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Is Doug William any good? I know Doug Williams is awesome, but never heard of this other guy.

The thing I love most about this whole thing is that both sides are asking the same question for very different reasons. "Why would Dixie lie about Russo?"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ChaosSmurf posted:

MICRO
EXPAND
MACRO
REPEAT

My client, Brock Lesnar, defeated your two-base all in despite a fast third at Wrestlemania!

and so on

Winner battles Josh Barnett at Hearthstone.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Minds like steel traps. Never get anything past 'em.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

Him and Mike Tenay. Cheering on Riki Choshu. Together. Forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vO05r9YOfo

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

It's not even just a victim complex, it's this weird, somehow completely self-unaware egocentrism where they think everything is about them when it's completely unrelated. Something happens in NJPW? Clearly something done specifically to bash TNA. WWE? Goes out of their way to make TNA look bad despite really never needing to. Someone in rural Bangladesh injured their knee? gently caress you, TNA had knee injuries way before this copycat.

To be fair, WWE do actually do this occasionally.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Dave will be honest if a show or angle's good. And he was complimentary about the positive ratings Impact seems to be drawing, relatively speaking, on the new channel.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I love the Last Ride because it's dumb (he's lifting them by their pants!) and logical (a power bomb hurts, so a power bomb from EVEN HIGHER will hurt more!) at the same time. Like most of the best things in wrestling.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Cena is the Higher Power that the Ascension serve, I KNEW IT! :tinfoil:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

metsfan is basically writing fanfic that's going to end with balor being tsundere.

"Stupid Itami.... not like I l-like him or anything!"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Huh, let's see what ol' Bill is thinking about, maybe WWE's book-

"Jul 20 2003
Abortion – Does Life Begin at Conception?"

:yikes:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
And Adam Rose, the man who does one move and pins jobbers, takes more bumps/risks than Nikki Bella, who does one move and pins jobbers...

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

ahahahahahhaha

This justifies /r/squaredcircle's existence.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Legally he still is

He's an independent contractor.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I think refs are counted as talent?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

If I was an indy wrestler I'd really wanna form a tag team that's a mixture of The Truth Commission and Adrian Adonis called The Gay Revolution.

The Gay Community?!?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

Mark Henry is incredibly good at doing wrestling promos, but he only gets ahold of a microphone about once every six months.

Which is only slightly more often than he wrestles.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Tell me the WWE social media guys responded by linking to Flair vs Fujinami on the Network?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aesop Poprock posted:

He wrestled in WWF briefly (once?) in 97 as did his dad, and his dad was technically the first WWF Light Heavyweight champion so it wouldn't be completely out of left field like some of the other ones they've done

Yeah, it's not gonna destroy the show to have a graphic and Cole say something like "Our prayers go out to the fans, friends and family of former WWE Superstar Perro Aguayo Jr. who tragically passed away this weekend."

Unless Vince's PTSD around the term 'Junior' kicks in.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
In all fairness, that kind of IS what they did with Rusev, and if they'd had Cesaro go in and destroy guys like Taker and Cena with Heyman crowing about how indestructible he was, I would bet he'd be a lot more over than he is now.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I think he may not realise that's not a gimmick. That's who Paul is. This is the dude that lied his way into running wrestling shows out of Studio 54 when he was like 21.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
"You talked about other wrestling which proves you've been paid to not talk about other wrestling!"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aesop Poprock posted:

I wouldn't expect anything of actual quality to be associated with Spoony, let alone his fans opinions on wrestling

I kinda enjoy the dude, but I half expect that to be Antwiler himself.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Junpei Hyde posted:

:bahgawd: AW SON OF A BITCH!

I'm always sad when that clip's posted and no-one quotes my favourite part, when Vince crows that "YOU ALL BOUGHT IT!" and King chirps "He's right, we did!" in the most :haw: tone ever.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Yeah, they need to realize that TNA getting their poo poo together would be GOOD for Dave.

Would he make enough money to purchase a vehicle made from some valuable, yet impractical metal?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
This lucha libre soap opera is just like a soap opera with lucha libre in it!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
3 minute matches where he loses to Bo Dallas, I assume.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
To be fair, it would be pretty cool if we had the New Day AND a few other black wrestlers who were taken (and portrayed) more seriously at the top of the card.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

coconono posted:

Dean's kinda garbage and Roman's not a top guy. I don't see what's wrong with this post.

Because WWE's alternative is... nothing. They literally have no-one else that they're even close to willing to push at that level as a face. It's Roman and Dean, or hope to god that John Cena and the Undertaker don't disintegrate over the next decade.

Hell, even the conspiracy theory that Bryan's cleared and they're not using him because they don't want him to be more over than Reigns banks on them not wanting to push a guy who is provably more popular than the one they want.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Dec 7, 2015

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yes, the only thing that could top co-main-eventing the Tokyo Dome... returning to wrestle in front of 37 drunk TNA fans.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

coconono posted:

WWE doesn't own TNA. Nor will they ever.

I'm sure Vince will give the Carters his pocket change for the video library and IP when it finally goes bust.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Tucked-In T-Shirt posted:

I loving loved wwe fantasy and wish they'd bring it back. It was so satisfying when a guy on your team went mental with a chair and racked up huge points.

Reigns would've been a big scorer last week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

He was gonna do a shot for WWE but then the Vince and Shane insisted on beating his dad and HBK clean in a streetfight. Plus he was leery of working for major U.S. promoters after the whole Sandman crucifixion angle, he had no interest in re-living the Rome screwjob.

And Inoki pulled the same poo poo and basically ruled out any tours of Japan. Not that he's much more than a cult star there among the hardcores.