Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
The TNA Breaking News twitter does not disappoint in these harrowing times https://twitter.com/tnabreakingnews

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
tnamecca and bitcoiners seem to be of the same ilk

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
what if he's right. what if it's all true.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
so I don't remember seeing it in this thread, what were the reactions from everyone saying that Meltzer was lying about TNA being off of Dest America?

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
what a mark

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
esports are the only real sports anyway.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
so besides the above post, have there been any gems about his wwe signing and debut? have they rescinded his tnasylum award yet?

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
i need some fresh tna tears now that eric young is also in nxt. where are the stuid mecca opinions.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
thank you. this is a perfect way to get my morning going.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

St Evan Echoes posted:

The first one is fair in Kayfabe. Three time champion, headliner of the last two Wrestlemanias should be an earlier pick than guy who's yet to debut

well the suspension was brought up in kayfabe, so someone who's currently suspended has an uncertain future about how they're coming back, compared to someone who had a legendary run in the feeder leagues.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
"ballgame" is a fine call every once in a while, but not 4 times a night for months at a time.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
WWECW was cool when it became the proto-NXT. Still mad that Ezekiel Jackson was the final champion instead of Christian.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

this surprises me too actually

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
the wwe/nxt audience has killed "you deserved it" as much as they have "this is awesome"

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
https://www.forbes.com/sites/alfredkonuwa/2017/04/14/mauro-ranallo-supporters-are-starting-to-sound-like-jbls-bullies/#1e6da3787370

maybe the bully is actually *you* for not liking jbl

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

ShootaBoy posted:

What, has TJP done something lovely or something? I don't bother looking at dirtsheets (or the cruiserweights :v:) so I only ever find out about this poo poo at random times.

i know he tweeted some proto-MRA stuff but I always feel like nobody can find it when it's brought up

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
Isn't he just wearing a singlet under his street clothes?

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Of course the mad person is a (presumably) male with an Alexa Bliss avatar lol

you got it! also the profile banner. but also, this:

https://twitter.com/Heel4Lif3/status/967097793193025536

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
there's a difference between "letting Black Panther being shown there" and "giving Black Panther millions of dollars as part of a long-term strategic partnership to promote Saudi Arabian reform" which is what everyone is trying to say

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
wwe network: $120 please help me budget this my family is dying

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
Click the top tweet for context, the original bit is amazing

https://twitter.com/hipsterscumbag/status/1087007022804099072

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
Also being a self professed stan of someone, considering the origin of that term.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Hating Dave Meltzer remains one of the most inexplicable things in the fandom

The best part is folks like Prichard/Bischoff/Russo basically taking a hint from how effective labeling news you don't like as "fake news" has been in the larger culture, and using it to discredit any criticism from wrestling journalists.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
I think it was someone who had a free upgrade from frequent flier points who didn't give it to the Undertaker. Hell, knowing WWE it was probably also someone who had the gall to pay for their own upgrade.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
I don't know if that's insecurity, or if he's just trying to talk about things in the ways that ~The Workers~ talk about stuff. He probably hears these kinds of comparisons made on wrestling podcasts and wants to adapt that language to have an air of authority about it, just based off of vague assumptions of what he thinks those eras were.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
"Also you can say what you want about Vince but once you sign with WWE there is never any doubt who The Boss is."

This is the most vapid, completely devoid of saying anything remotely meaningful statement I think there's ever been in this thread.

Say what you want anbout Vince, but when you work in his company, no one can argue that he is who you are working for!

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
A good half of the replies on this tweet:

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1145157699568582657

https://twitter.com/HodkoV7/status/1145158161462153216

Unprotected headshots are bad*

*unless AEW do it. and they don't do it very often. it's a setup for an angle!

Thankfully the other half of the replies are "please don't do unprotected chairshots"

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
3 inches ain't enough man, i need 5.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
Also they had to phrase it really weird "thank you for being great champs of sd live" is not a thing a normal person would say, and then further muddy it by having the last frame be two words instead of 1. Probably because they were so desperate to use it for a sick Kofi burn.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
Well the first 5 words are "Congress shall make no law," but you can just ignore that part and use it as a cudgel to say lovely things without fear of reprisal or consequences.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

RealFoxy posted:

this boy has

I didn't know the Undertaker had an account here

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

davidbix posted:

Is it? 5G hotspots are being marketed as home broadband replacements in a way that 4G/LTE hotspots weren't.

Most 5G is going to be around as fast as a good 4G connection, but with potentially less latency. The super-fast 5G is millimeter wave, of which a tower is usually not enough to cover a football stadium. That's the one that would theoretically replace your broadband, but it'll probably only ever be deployed in the most densest/richest parts of cities. Any walls or obstructions at all will obliterate the signal.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
https://twitter.com/titowrestling/status/1251843175473385472

https://twitter.com/ChristophBourke/status/1251853282416484355

https://twitter.com/titowrestling/status/1251856670818525185

?????

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

Tito is the biggest loving idiot. I can't believe he's still around.

"Pro wrestling columnist from @LordsofPain.net since October 1998, Economist, Financial Analyst, Nintendo Fanboy, & awesome guy. Here to discuss anything."

I never heard of this rear end in a top hat so I clicked their profile based on this post and lmao.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Hasn't it been proven that like 60% of WWE's audience votes Democrat?

There was a survey in 2013 that floats around a bunch that found WWE to be left leaning but incredibly low turnout, but this is really only one data point, and I don't think there's much else that talks about it that I've seen: https://www.businessinsider.com/politics-sports-you-like-2013-3 and it might also be more easily correlated by demographics rather than sports preference.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
This whole "attaching every single negative trait to someone who sucks" just reeks of bad faith, especially in the light of people doubling down on poo poo like he's a MAGA CHUD just to avoid the cognitive dissonance of being wrong about someone who just sucks. There's plenty of weird creeps who have good or neutral politics, so I don't get where is the comic value in misrepresenting that.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

Cavauro posted:

do the thing where when someone types that one name it actually shows up as 'gogurt.' man, that would be a funny thing to happen.

Please cav I like gogurt

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

StarkRavingMad posted:

Can we post more about gogurt and possibly frogurt instead

The two worst parts of the quarantine for my life as a finely tuned athlete at peak performance is the lack of forgurt and the lack of Cici's buffet pizza. It's been months and I hate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
Just have an "official memo" that says "Per VKM," and then just something banal and dull.