Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

God Of Paradise posted:

If this were an oxymoron, it would suggest that there is no such thing as a dumb TNA fan, as TNA fans are all intelligent. I don't know what you meant, but I don't think that was what you meant.

He means tautology in the grammatical sense.

quote:

Spike hasn’t exactly treated Impact with the manner of respect it deserves for a while now

This is true, inasmuch as Spike has treated TNA with any respect at all, significantly more than it deserves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

DarkstarIV posted:

TNA Mecca is the Free Republic (:freep:) of the pro wrestling world.

Hey, you're right! There is always more and it is always worse.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

The rabidness with which TNA fans defend "their" product is astonishing. I can't imagine what sort of person thinks that that garbage is worth the vitriol and bile they spew out.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

MassRafTer posted:

Those were shoots not stories.

Look'it this mark, thinks the bible wasn't a work from bell to bell.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
The dissonance required to think that WWE gives enough of a poo poo about TNA to pay another network real cash money to not renew TNA's contract is incredible.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

rovert posted:

THIS GOES ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP

Yeah man WWE is losing money which is why they paid money to Spike to drop TNA from all of that spare money they have.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

rovert posted:

Sad news:

So you've been banned from even being mentioned on that site? Are they going to go back through the archives and delete any reference to you?

Truly we have always been at war with Eastasia.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Endorph posted:

Here's my stupid wrestling fan opinion: I think Lance Storm is kind of a boring wrestler. Like he can do good wrestling but he's got no real character and I never really felt invested in any of his matches even though I could recognize he was wrestling well

wrong thread, this is a correct wrestling opinion

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Oh, so the exact same booking that saw noted herbologist Ricardo Rodriguez teaming up with RVD recently?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I assume BullyBubba Ray's going to come out with some manner of shoot where he says he was offered a massive pay cut to stay on under the new TV contract, confirming the Observer reports, if he does end up leaving.

This, of course, will then be dismissed by the TNA hardcore faithful as being bullshit, he's burying the company, he got fired for asking for a pay rise, he's an ingrate who can't work, should have never had the big belt, was a lovely champion, TNA resurrected his career after he was cast aside by VKM, how dare he lay hands on Dixie who is like a mother to the talent, running back Up North with his tail between his legs, etc etc on and on to the ends of the Earth.

I feel like I've left something out there, like there's another tired talking point they always hit on in regards to this sort of thing.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Anyone know the actual numbers? What's the over/under, 500,000.5?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

WeaponX posted:

but you see spike never promoted tna

I don't think I'll ever get tired of this trope.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

epitasis posted:

Brussels sprouts king of veggies

A Good Post.

So with DA being available in about half as many homes as Spike, am I looking at it correctly when it actually looks like they lost around two thirds if their viewers? How do you spin that?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

ayn rand hand job posted:

Explain the major bump I saw in Jeff Hardy traffic in my feeds the last week or so. :colbert:

A major bump is the right term. He fell off the top of a cage door and landed on some steel steps and knocked himself the gently caress out. It made the news for how idiotic the spot was. He performed this bump in front of maybe 300 people, for a television audience of under 300k.

edit:

Ultragonk posted:

That's a bit embarrassing, hardcore I could understand but softcore?

"Panties Revealed 2: Up The Skirt" or something along those lines. This happened twice.

Memento fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jan 23, 2015

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

WeaponX posted:

what a loving clown

At least he's getting vaguely called out for it in the comments, that crowd usually fall over themselves to slobber on his knob. Like, you know he's being even more pants-on-head retarded than normal if wreddit aren't lining up to praise his idiocy.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Rodney the Piper posted:

Speaking of reddit, here's some "TNA IS SO MUCH BETTER OFF WITH DESTiNATION AMERICA" circle jerking.

http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/2vpsfb/looks_like_tnas_move_to_da_was_a_good_move/

loving hell, the "Spike never supported TNA" idiocy is strong with that lot.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Gaz-L posted:

He's an independent contractor.

Yeah there's literally two people you ever see in the ring who are actual employees, and those are idiotic daughter and doofus son-in-law.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

jesus loving christ.

"If they do this then I called it, if they don't then I called it, guess I'm a loving insider!"

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

sticklefifer posted:

I thought he threw a tantrum and stormed out of Reddit. Nobody's calling him out on acting like nothing happened?

Tons of people are, but they love fellating him over there so those posters are getting downvoted.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

It's a wrestling bubble inside a wrestling bubble.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

epitasis posted:

when u get worked

lookit this jabroni mark who doesn't know it a work when you work a work and worked themselves into a shoot.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

NickRoweFillea posted:

made a lovely joke at heenan's expense

gently caress that Heenan rules.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Tripwyre posted:

That seems like an unrealistically inflated number, I bet she bought herself some bots.

According to Twitter Audit, 43% of her followers are fake. That website specifically says that its findings are based on a sample size of 5k and things like ratios of followers to following and last tweet date, so it's not going to be perfect, but it's probably pretty good. Could be up to 10% off either way, so basically between a third and a half of her followers are bots.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Mercury Crusader posted:

TNA is fine. Everything is fine. Praise the King of the Mountain Jeff Jarrett and the future TNA/GFW supershows!

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

goc posted:

It's quite possible that her last fight did better on PPV than every WrestleMania ever with maybe 17 being the only exception. More people in the U.S. paid $60 to see her last fight than are subscribed to the WWE Network for $9.99. There is way more to lose than gain if you are Dana White.

If I was him I would just publicly state "Yes, I would be fine with Ronda Rousey having a match at WrestleMania, if Vince agrees to give UFC 25% of the overall gross." Because there is no loving way Vince is going for that and it'd make him so pissed off he'd stop trying to push the idea.

And then we'd get more grist for the mill that is "Petty stupid poo poo Vince McMahon has done to get back at someone he feels, rightly or wrongly, has slighted him". I can only imagine he'd give one of the blonde divas an MMA gimmick and then job them out terribly, completing the holy trinity of no one getting over, turning crowds off, and satisfying Vince's insanity.

Either that, or he'd get a bald actor to play Billionaire Dana and put him in all sorts of embarrassing, cringeworthy situations.

Or both.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Great White Hope posted:

I agree, Mark Henry is far too old to be around noted young guys 38-year old Titus O'Neil and 35-year old Darren Young in a feud with 34-year old Kofi Kingston.

I guess this is sarcasm but with how badly your body goes downhill in your late 30s, it's pretty stupid sarcasm. Mark Henry is 44 years old, has been powerlifting for the last 30 years, and wrestling for the last 20. He's injury prone and slow and plodding, and his best days are long behind him.

I mean, calling PTP "new young talent" is a stretch, but they're a lot newer and younger than Mark. Simply not walking around with 400+ pounds on your frame is going to be better for you in general.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

DynamiteKidd posted:

So we're just forgetting the "Spike did NOTHING" concept (which to be fair isn't inaccurate, they never had ads for Impact on any of their other programming) and want to go crawling back?

Well yeah, I mean we've always been at war with Eastasia, why would now be any different?

And I guess if buying billboard time in Times Square is nothing, then you're right, Spike did nothing.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Benne posted:

I'm actually a bit surprised WWE never tried to jump on the "replay challenge" thing real sports do, if only because refs huddling around the monitor NBA-style trying to see who tapped first is an amusing mental image to me.

It would be absolutely terrible in execution, though.

They did this a few years ago as well. It sucked even more than you'd think it would. They were absolutely making fun of I think the NFL, I can't remember why though.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

I thought they meant the WWE World Heavyweight Title and I was wondering how terrible a match that went for an hour with Real Estate Steve in it would be. The answer is: not as bad as that idiot's idea.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Also for HHH the time he tried to get a "Thank you Hunter" chant going or something similar, when it looked like he was going to retire after one of the Brock matches. The crowd poo poo all over his promo from a great height.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

I Before E posted:

Well, that doesn't really count as the character showing rear end.
Yeah, that's true. Written humiliations are few and far between for those guys.

WWE Creative posted:

HHH and Steph are the coolest and best-looking and most muscular and fittest and best workers in the world and you'll never be as good at anything as they are at everything

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I shouldn't be amazed that they're doing the same thing with DA that they did with Spike, yet here we are. "The old channel never promoted TNA, they never did anything with TNA, TNA will be much better off with the new channel" is basically verbatim from this time last year.

The output of boots will be one hundred and forty five millions for the quarter, while TNA Mecca goes barefoot and never questions the lack.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Defiance Industries posted:

a free Super Bowl ad.

The actual funniest idea ever to come out of TNA Mecca.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
- cold fusion perfected in early 2016, unlimited energy for all
- ISIS throw down their arms and start work as a children's charity
- Australia not ravaged by either fire or flood this summer

...oh sorry, I thought this was the "post absolute fantasy" thread.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Are you sure they're not trying to tap into that sweet sweet Mako energy stream?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

bobkatt013 posted:

It also seems that redragon are close to renewing with ROH, and why would AJ return?

I mean, I know this is the stupid thread, but there's seriously no loving way he'd come back, right? He's making more money in front of bigger crowds than ever before isn't he?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

dsriggs posted:

Some guy on The Board started this, so update your Twittah Machines accordingly

https://twitter.com/tnameccaquotes

https://twitter.com/tnameccaquotes/status/681839321033367552

:psyduck:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

My friend on Skype who got a little bit too enthusiastic just now posted:

OH man how good would it be if the WWE signed Karl Anderson, Luke Gallows and AJ Styles and had them all debut at the Rumble, with Doc and Machine Gun enforcing for AJ then dumping themselves out of the ring at the end!

I :rolleyes:'d so hard I nearly fell over. Fantasy booking is one thing, giving a Mania title shot to AJ Styles is something else.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

epitasis posted:

tila is a work

Hopefully she gets some help and doesn't work herself into a shoot :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Can someone do a welfare check on Lord Scythe? Sounds like he might be having a stroke :ohdear: