Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Rarity posted:

What's up with these RXT avs?

Someone was mean to Rovert on Twitter, Dave Meltzer told them to apologise to Rovert. Ever since then someone has spent loads of money buying these avatars for folk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Aesop Poprock posted:

rovert are you paying money to buy these people their avatars

He's getting the big Meltz bux for the scoops.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
"Responding to each of my points point by point is cowardly and weak".

Amazing.

Also capitalised "You People".

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
TNA is far cooler than ROH and I Ben Miller am the right man to judge this.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
TNA is cooler than ROH in that it's not a hot promotion.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

OctoberCountry posted:

TNA forgetting to mail out paychecks is just smart business.

Seedy acts such as paying staff and not getting in over their heads.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://youtu.be/AZjwCmJrnlY

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Because a bunch of white Dutch settlers moved there and then retroactively claimed all of South Africa was empty when they got there, thus making the Black South Africans the immigrants in loving Africa.

It's what racists say to excuse South African racism.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

TheJoker138 posted:

I might be giving him too much credit, but it seemed to me like Chris Regal was mocking the South African guy who was saying coloured for his countries weird, out of date stance on race.

I don't think he's that self aware.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
All of them combined don't have as many as Zack Ryder, so obviously Zack Ryder is bigger than TNA AND Wrestling Observer.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Revenant Threshold posted:

Huh. So there was a line.

And it's a thing they've done dozens of times before.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

For a second there I was really confused as to why I said that.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I've never heard anybody chant friend of the family at a wrestling match and bulldog's dreads were horrific but not racist but the rest I can agree with.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
And "Sex toy on Pole"

Gonzo McFee fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jul 28, 2015

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
UFC is a work. Hulk Hogan said so.

Wee aside, Terry Funk actually predicted that UFC would move towards becoming a work as the sport continued to develop and he was sort of right when it comes to the build.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

HulkaMatt posted:

You missed the most amazing tweet of the night

All of TNA was a rib. Nobody is that oblivious.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Eva Marie Vs Ronda Rousey would be the first match to end in nanoseconds.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Nerf Herder EX posted:

Was this comment written by Freight Train?

Don't sully the good name of Freight Train.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I thought it was that Nash promised to come back after the Rumble?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
People who shout loudest about ring psychology don't have a loving clue towards what it is or it's purpose. Although that could be said about anything discussed on the internet.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I'd take Vickie over Stephanie every day of the week.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Lucha Underground isn't really my thing but it has a ton of awesome matches.

If you don't like awesome matches OR crazy over the top storylines, how the gently caress are you a wrestling fan?

The office politics and watercooler level burns I see every night on monday night raw

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I am shocked that the Fallen Angel would be so harsh towards JC.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

oldpainless posted:

Does WWE have any female writers?

I believe so, but their ideas are still filtered through a crazy old man who feels that pitting people against one an other so they bitterly snipe at other people's ideas is good for creativity.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Totes bants man

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

The fact that the act of explaining something is now a target for giggly, smirky mocking catchphrases for dumbass internet leftists is insanely retarded to me.

Source your quotes for the thread.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Five for $40? Why for the same price I could pay a hooker to thumb a shite into my eyes.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

oldpainless posted:

Steve Austin's not racist :colbert:

Now had you said something about beating your girlfriend you might be on firmer ground

I just watched Mania 21 and Austin calls Carlito a nappy head.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

CobiWann posted:

I'm going to ignore this trend and deny it ever happened.

Killed six million jews and never drew a dime.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

coconono posted:

The way Austin runs away from political conversations on his podcast and his wife is a special needs educator, it's a coin toss between communism and libertarianism.

IF YOU THINK FROM EACH ACCORDING TO THEIR ABILITY AND TO EACH ACCORDING TO THEIR NEEDS IS THE WAY TO GO, GIMMIE A HELL YEAH

*Stunners a plutocrat*

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
To be fair to Bob he may be right that predetermined is better for making money, it's just that he and everyone else in TNA are complete loving morons and incapable of taking advantage of a superior system.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
This is why Pre determined is better.

*Hires Vince Russo*

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Rodney the Piper posted:

Considering what New Day said in their interview with Jericho about Vince's original idea for The New Day being stereotypical as gently caress, this isn't wrong or stupid.

It's also worth remembering that Vince's idea for them was the drizzling shits until they turned them heel and just let them do whatever they wanted.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Yeah the way they described it on the podcast it seemed to stop just short of having Big E shout "Mammy".

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Every podcast with talent who talk candidly about the creative process kind of makes you realise anything good that's on screen has nothing to do with creative and was probably fought against.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
What they learned from the attitude era was that people love McMahon family bullshit and will continue to love McMahon family bullshit regardless of all evidence to the contrary.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I reckon I could take the Asskicker HHH because he would take five minutes walking around me pulling faces after every punch.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

sticklefifer posted:

Until he hit you with a sledgehammer that would literally murder you.

He'd work the sledgehammer shot, he's too much of a pro not to.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
They never really started drawing crowds. The Impact Zone was always free to get in entertainment and so people getting turned away was on the same level of the stunt show being overly crowded. They just left the Impact Zone and started selling tickets and people weren't willing to pay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I hate that clown. He is a bad clown. He doesn't even take a decent pie in the face.