Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«4 »
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Is it a Pittsburgh fan?
Is it a Denver fan?
Who can say?

Chris James 2 posted:

what a stunning weekend for wrestletwitter

I keep hearing people say this but whats the other stuff that happened?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Is it a Pittsburgh fan?
Is it a Denver fan?
Who can say?

DarkstarIV posted:

Ryback rushed to the defense of Enzo Amore on his latest podcast. (On Enzo not telling WWE about the investigation)

Why am I not shocked?

I mean WWE is really lovely in a lot of ways, but firing someone accused of surprise sex isn't one of them. ESPECIALLY since Enzo went out of his way to hide it.

I mean, he's not wrong about parts of it. WWE fires and suspends guys all the time for controversial stuff and then quietly brings them back after its blown over.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Is it a Pittsburgh fan?
Is it a Denver fan?
Who can say?

The part that always strikes me as most emblematic of why the backstage hated Enzo is that in his sexual assault report it said he tried to seduce her by mentioning his instagram followers

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Is it a Pittsburgh fan?
Is it a Denver fan?
Who can say?

DarkstarIV posted:

Just in case you thought Wrestle Forum was full of nothing but misogynist posts, here's a post about how Impact will move to USA Network if WWE jumps ship to FOX.

That's some TNAMecca level mental gymnastics.

We have to hold onto this talent, we can't let them go to Impact - Something Vince has never said in 15 years

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Is it a Pittsburgh fan?
Is it a Denver fan?
Who can say?

I cannot possibly imagine NJPW being successful on USA Network

ROH would run into the problem ECW ran into back in the day where they would expect a certain level of production value

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Is it a Pittsburgh fan?
Is it a Denver fan?
Who can say?

I mean, I get why it's annoying. No one stands up in the middle of Avengers and goes "Hey, this movie is fake"

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Is it a Pittsburgh fan?
Is it a Denver fan?
Who can say?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

On the flip side, Conor is not what you'd call smart, or a role model on how to behave.

I mean, how many people who beat other human beings unconscious for money would you consider good role model material?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Is it a Pittsburgh fan?
Is it a Denver fan?
Who can say?

TinTower posted:

On the other hand, nobody goes to the Super Bowl and starts chanting “THIS IS FOOTBALL! 👏,👏,👏👏👏!”

.......I do

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Is it a Pittsburgh fan?
Is it a Denver fan?
Who can say?

I have to admit I find the resistance to WWE doing a Saudi show to be a bit prejudiced and hypocritical.

It's a global entertainment company. Why shouldn't they expand into new markets?

Like, how is this different than the NBA doing China outreach?

If it were something like the Olympics or World Cup where there is considerable graft and exploitation involved in getting the event, that would be a different issue.

But hey, KSA likes wrestling, why not give em some wrestling. Hell, WCW did a card in North Korea

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Is it a Pittsburgh fan?
Is it a Denver fan?
Who can say?

MassRafTer posted:

Because it's a propaganda event for a notorious human rights violator

Any event in about 70% of the world would be this though

dsriggs posted:

If China didn't allow black people to participate in sporting events & the NBA said "Well, other nations have different cultures & we have to respect that!", then that wouldn't be such a lousy argument you made.

China also imprisons dissidents and censors its media. Like, what is the ethical line when a country is ok to perform in vs. not ok to perform in.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Is it a Pittsburgh fan?
Is it a Denver fan?
Who can say?

Gumball Gumption posted:

They're performing in KSA because they were given a ton of money to be part of a propoganda program to make KSA look progressive

Yeah, that makes things different and I hadn't heard about it, can I read more about it? All I have heard was WWE is bad for doing a show in Saudi Arabia because its extremely conservative and oppresses women, which is true, but kind of weird bone to pick for a global entertainment company. Is Marvel just as bad for letting Black Panther be the first movie shown there in decades?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Is it a Pittsburgh fan?
Is it a Denver fan?
Who can say?

MassRafTer posted:

But hey if you are cool with propaganda for war criminals, you are a bigger person than I.

I'm not cool with it, but I also don't see what makes it worse than Manchester U friendlies in KSA, or the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, or the World Cup in Russia, or the Olympics in China, or the Rumble in the Jungle etc. etc.

Global entertainment companies are expanding across the globe and I am curious as to what the moral line is to where companies should be allowed to perform or not.

EDIT: Hell, WWE does shows in Brazil where they regularly mass execute their poor and it didn't get this kind of response.

Mel Mudkiper fucked around with this message at Apr 25, 2018 around 19:18

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Is it a Pittsburgh fan?
Is it a Denver fan?
Who can say?

That? Yeah, I work a lot with Saudis and know about this initiative, hell, some of the Saudis I work with are specifically a part of this initiative. It just seems weird to call it a propaganda campaign for a war criminal and not a pro-active attempt to diversify an economy in serious danger of collapse within a generation.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Is it a Pittsburgh fan?
Is it a Denver fan?
Who can say?

MassRafTer posted:

What would you call a project that is putting out government funded magazines, ads in major newspapers, paying American companies to put on events that promote the country other than a propaganda campaign? That's literally what propaganda is.

Thats not what the 2030 initiative is. Like, for example, what part of sending Saudi engineers overseas to study green fuel alternatives for major Saudi energy companies is propaganda? I feel like you are significantly minimizing the scope of the 2030 initiative.

MassRafTer posted:

Now, what would you call a government that is currently killing thousands of civilians in Yemen in what have been described as war crimes?

Replace Yemen with any other middle eastern country and you are describing the vast majority of countries where WWE currently performs.

Two Beans posted:

Yeah guys, stop picking on the rich men trying to get richer. Aristocracy are people too. *takes paycheck*

guys on scholarships are not the aristocracy

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Is it a Pittsburgh fan?
Is it a Denver fan?
Who can say?

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Mel please travel back in time and tell everyone that it's pointless for US artists and corporations to boycott South Africa because America also has segregation

I didn't realize WWE was breaking a boycott of KSA

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Is it a Pittsburgh fan?
Is it a Denver fan?
Who can say?

exploded mummy posted:

god of war is no Yakuza

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Is it a Pittsburgh fan?
Is it a Denver fan?
Who can say?

Aphrodite posted:

That's true, it actually evolved.

Yakuza has evolved way more than God of War

In God of War ps2 he was a lovely father with aggression issues, in God of War ps4 he is still a lovely father with aggression issues

Meanwhile, Kiryu evolves from world's best adoptive father to world's best adoptive grandfather

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Is it a Pittsburgh fan?
Is it a Denver fan?
Who can say?

Endorph posted:

every year the segment of beyond the mat that milks terry funk's retirement for drama gets funnier and funnier

I will always cherish trampoline dumbbell guy

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Is it a Pittsburgh fan?
Is it a Denver fan?
Who can say?

I keep hearing about how he's a great promo but he has one promo that he always cuts and thats about it

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Is it a Pittsburgh fan?
Is it a Denver fan?
Who can say?

how does enzo have fangirls, he is objectively the most hideous man in wrestling

Abdullah the Butcher is more fuckable

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Is it a Pittsburgh fan?
Is it a Denver fan?
Who can say?

Imagine claiming 2005-08 WWE was better than current WWE

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Is it a Pittsburgh fan?
Is it a Denver fan?
Who can say?

The Croc posted:

People have hopefully blocked that era out of their mind.

Sometimes I rewatch WWE and am struck by how dire that era was.

I wonder what changed their rookie roster philosophy from OVW to NXT because man most OVW talent was awful

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Is it a Pittsburgh fan?
Is it a Denver fan?
Who can say?

Mark Jindrak yall

Mark goddamn Jindrak

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Is it a Pittsburgh fan?
Is it a Denver fan?
Who can say?

Better snarky reply was "Well it was the only bump he would take all night"

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Is it a Pittsburgh fan?
Is it a Denver fan?
Who can say?

Alaois posted:

"Disney assassinated Zack Snyder's daughter to get him off the DC movies because they saw him as a threat" is a real conspiracy theory that exists

I would find it more plausible DC did it themselves to save the movie

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Is it a Pittsburgh fan?
Is it a Denver fan?
Who can say?

triplexpac posted:

I should have known that comic fans would be as annoying as wrestling fans

bro you should see what happens when a zelda game doesn't get 10/10

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Is it a Pittsburgh fan?
Is it a Denver fan?
Who can say?

*steps up to podium*

In conclusion, media that attracts anti social white dudes is full of hilariously toxic bullshit.

Thank you

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Is it a Pittsburgh fan?
Is it a Denver fan?
Who can say?

triplexpac posted:

This is weird, Iím now getting nostalgic for old Wrestlehut posts

I wish in hindsight I had gone out with something more dramatic than "u mad"

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Is it a Pittsburgh fan?
Is it a Denver fan?
Who can say?

Defiance Industries posted:

I too love lego men ice skating on pre-rendered backgrounds while they spout incomprehensible dialogue.

all of these things are unironically good and cool tho

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Is it a Pittsburgh fan?
Is it a Denver fan?
Who can say?

Nothing will beat Hell for an Incel and it is folly to try

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Is it a Pittsburgh fan?
Is it a Denver fan?
Who can say?

Gonzo McFee posted:

Hot take twitter is loving exhausting.

in the same way you still have to have a permit despite the 2nd amendment, we should consider one for the 1st and for much the same reasons

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Is it a Pittsburgh fan?
Is it a Denver fan?
Who can say?

minor props to MRT for well done trolling

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Is it a Pittsburgh fan?
Is it a Denver fan?
Who can say?

Codependent Poster posted:

Where is the anti Roman literature located?

Carthage?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Is it a Pittsburgh fan?
Is it a Denver fan?
Who can say?

Someone explain this meme it is an unfamiliar meme

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Is it a Pittsburgh fan?
Is it a Denver fan?
Who can say?

lol "Pro Wrestling is the most free market enterprise there is!" *doesn't realize what a profound detriment that statement is"

EDIT: Wait seriously though is there an attempt to say the current golden era of NJPW is somehow actually bad

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Is it a Pittsburgh fan?
Is it a Denver fan?
Who can say?

Isnt the whole point of bullet club is that it's full of indy geeks

Like, that's its stated function.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Is it a Pittsburgh fan?
Is it a Denver fan?
Who can say?

coconono posted:

Then the Young Bucks joined.

and they became the biggest stable since the nWo

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Is it a Pittsburgh fan?
Is it a Denver fan?
Who can say?

MassRafTer posted:

Not sure if I'd call The Holzerman's blog named for his efed character The Jerichoholic (not to be confused by wrestling fans known as Jerichoholics) a dirt sheet.

On one hand, lol

On the other hand, how do you know that

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Is it a Pittsburgh fan?
Is it a Denver fan?
Who can say?

MassRafTer posted:

I have no idea since it was an "OC" efed, thus one where Chris Jericho did not exist.

Say what you will but at least it's not a dark tortured anti hero who wears a black trenchcoat like 85% of e fed ocs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Is it a Pittsburgh fan?
Is it a Denver fan?
Who can say?

coconono posted:

unless its sleeveless, why would you wear a trenchcoat to the ring? arenas are hot as gently caress

Because the heat of the arena is no match for the ice in his heart

«4 »