Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Two televised singles match wins in 2 years sounds like championship material to me, don't know what you're all talking about - tnamecca

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shave Seltzer

I don't know what to say

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sanguinia posted:

Even by TNA fan standards it takes a special kind of neurosis to dismiss the inevitable response to the literal deathknell of the company as "typical anti-TNA haters"

They want to stay in their safe-space and not be exposed to people laughing at the fact that a man accidentally emailing the wrong Mike on his address book may have resulted in the death of their precious favorite wrestling company.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TheJoker138 posted:

Please give me details on this.

Meant to email Mike Tenay, emailed Mike Johnson of PWInsider by mistake. He threatened to publish it, so Russo confessed on his site. Of course, Spike TV's people have the Internet, so they saw it all. Days later, they decided not to renew.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

A reality show where TNA talent work at lovely places like Walmart and discover they make more there (and on time!) than they ever did at TNA

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

They genuinely think Destination America is an improvement over Spike

Even though Spike's available in twice as much homes, and absolutely paid TNA more

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TheJoker138 posted:

Wait it's on Destination America? Not even like, the REAL Discovery channel? Ha ha ha ha ha ha

I like that people thought for even a second the actual main Discovery channel would really air this.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yeah, I could see how that post could be considered stupid, but by the end I felt good about/happy for the guy for not only learning something but sticking to his word and changing his situation as best he could. Plus considering it's Reddit, it could have been a lot worse of a wrestling post

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

Finally got to hear Phil brooks what a weak person. I seen sabu work with broken everything and getting paid crap or nothing at all!.

This guy is whining as WWE gives him the world, puts his brand in a jetpack of what 434+ days?, he still whines cries thinks he is biggsr than the business, HHH tells him relax Vince doesnt get his weird ways.

He had the nerve to say its no big deal to work brock the rock & taker..even said he put over taker he says he carried big names into big matches and wants their kind of money.

What? Does he not realize "The Rock" brand
is greater than Cm Punk which he was what a bleached blonde frail persona in gyms, that isnt a superstar thats a ring rat.

Phil got gassed, they should of never gave him what he wanted...because he got addicted and wanted more.

WWE must erase him like CB now thats all Hunter has to do, also make himself a 500 days champ, oh but start off by firing AJ.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

I thought the 360k counted the west coast?

It did, the 269k or so number that was floating before was without the West Coast factored in. Not sure if the replay immediately after was factored in.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I think the Lockdown episode was even already taped. These people don't even bother to regularly keep track of the thing they can't stop defending.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I feel like a terrible person but this is so absurd I almost find it funny. Like not if he's yelling it at the person beating him up, but like, would he stub his toe in the privacy of his own home with no one around and scream that word instead of just going, "AGH poo poo!" or something?

I think at least a few people said it was the only curse he felt comfortable using for a while in the early-2000s.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Under the vegetable posted:

And yet people still put ads on Two and a Half Men, all other network sitcoms, both Fox news and primetime, the History channel, and basically all tv that isn't premium cable. Weird.

On a good day only 80% of TV today is trash, it's true

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I like that people are still (in the year 2015 even) under the impression wrestling can easily find TV homes.

They couldn't even give away Smackdown to a station bigger than SyFy, and Main Event sunk away from US TV in record time. The #2 company last year couldn't negotiate to a bigger home than Discovery's 3rd-string channel.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Nerokerubina posted:

wreddit is a shining bastion of nuanced and great wrestling opinions

I thought they were and that's where Daniel "Turd" Bryan came from

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It was hilarious and inspired that reaction mainly for how random it was

Even the mods who usually do their best to keep us somewhat on topic couldn't help but openly laugh along with us

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

omfg

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The mods privately gave him an ultimatum of "stop posting or we're banning you", he posted to essentially say "I'm gone but may be back eventually", and at least one mod posted in-thread hinting that if he does and is as full of poo poo as he was when he left, he's getting banned for good

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Maxwell Lord posted:

You can get banned from a subreddit?

Yeah, they all have mods, and the mod of one subreddit can ban someone from that subreddit. He'd be allowed to post anywhere else, but seeing how he doesn't, it'd be the equivalent of a full account ban

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

1. How fast would Chris Regal get banned here?

2. How fast would William Regal get modded here?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

0 alts, 0 posts

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

between getting hosed by MetsFan, DolphinsFan, and sending that fruit basket to Trips, I don't think there's a bigger pack of marks on the internet than r/squaredcircle - not even at TNAMecca.

Around the time I said he was threatened with a ban, the subreddit's response to the matter was 80-85% "good riddance, don't come back" and 10% indifference. Most of his goodwill left after the 3rd time he threw a tantrum, and by the time even the mods stopped humoring him he really didn't have much support remaining. Like Blast said, he was forced to show credentials to the mods, and they basically said he definitely did work there but alluded to him not being in a position to know really anything at all. From then on, he was humored for like a week until he proved he was a full of poo poo baby, and now he's a banned one because he wouldn't listen to a warning of a ban. So yeah the place could be a whole lot better, but at least they didn't tolerate his poo poo forever like was expected.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Yes, it was just some guy posting the betting odds right before they closed and calling them PPV spoilers.

Really surprised Dolphins lasted as long as he did with betting odds being easy as gently caress to find. Then again, his Mania rant about the Brock Taker result showed sometimes longevity is worth it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TheJoker138 posted:

I think it's even worse than what you think here. I think this dude is literally saying that all women are asexual and get nothing from sex, foreplay or not.

If none reacted that way with him, clearly it must mean they're all like that with everybody.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Also Face Dean is mega over and sells lots of merch.

Plus the idea that everyone HAS to support this (dumb) decision

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

That's amazing

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Madden would lose his mind watching the Young Bucks

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

These people can vote

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

duyarvish posted:

What happens to the fansites if TNA actually does go under? Do they migrate to a new company?

When it almost happened last year some flatout said they'd stop watching wrestling and find a new thing to like, but that's as believable as the people protesting Konami by swearing they won't buy MGSV this year

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sanguinia posted:

So all that matters is that the show's ratings improve? And it matters so much that making a profit, putting on a quality product, paying your employees, and providing for the health and safety of your performers should take a backseat so they can focus exclusively on retaining viewers for the first seven minutes?

Is... is this guy secretly Eric Bischoff? He must be Eric Bischoff.

(Seriously though, how can an audience member care more about the Nielsen ratings of their favorite TV show to the level that they think it should only be good long enough to register on the box and beyond that quality doesn't matter? It's mind-bending.)

I'd say it's completely ridiculous, but apparently the network was genuinely pissed to the point of cancelling all the extra programming they gave them 5 months ago because they only got 1/3 of the viewing audience from Spike (which for them is loving phenomenal), so there's nothing about this whole situation that isn't completely ridiculous

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I know that more competition is good for the wrestling business, but I want Impact to get canceled so bad just to see how these guys try to spin it as Meltzer still being totally off base

'with Impact now free to be released for free on Youtube, it can reach a far bigger audience than ever before. Destination America was just holding TNA back'

Every month they'd say "they're coming back any day now, just you watch"

The only question is if that would be sadder than what they're currently doing

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He goes on a rampage trying to make everybody have a shameful back like he does

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Punchsport Pagoda > Stupid Wrestling Fan Opinions friendzoned me after we were hot and heavy

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Considering that every promotion that has ever publicly named themselves legitimate competitors to WWE has either died or (in the case of TNA) suffered a worse fate, how could you blame ROH for wanting neither and would rather survive

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

And it's a thing they've done dozens of times before.

Maybe it was because it was literally the last big match they had to sell

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MST3K was and remains the greatest show

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

HulkaMatt posted:

what happened that they are turning on tna

Matt Morgan, Hernandez, and Jarrett are back, Shark Boy's back on an upcoming show, Vader appeared and wrestled (badly), Low Ki's gone, Austin Aries is about to be gone, they still have no clue if TNA will be on TV in a few months, and their two big titles (tag and world) aren't being defended on their $40 PPV that airs in a few days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Suzuki-gun was great if only for that postshow bit where they tossed all the company's belts on the table one-by-one