Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

NickRoweFillea posted:

I appreciate the fact that this thread is starting off strong as a LOLTNA thread

Well most comments about WWE are really stupid for other reasons, like claiming Bray Wyatt got buried or that AJ losing to Paige was a burial and she's clearly on her way out of the company. Or that Steve Austin and JR are morons because they say there's no money in Cena turning heel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Gonzo McFee posted:

That's even worse than saying it's just copying WWE. This way they're saying that not only is this a terrible idea but that they had this terrible idea to make the comedy mid card guy champ with no build whatsoever and that that was their plan for months.

Are TNA fans just perpetually in the denial stage of death or something?

Yes

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

njsykora posted:

WWE put a video up of the Statue of Liberty from Mania 29 being brought to the Warehouse and the top comment and its replies caught my eye.

It's all creative you marks :smug:

He didn't bury them though. They clearly had a plan for Sandow when they were teaming him with the Real Americans and Cena was teaming with the Rhodes, and then they decided that they were unifying the world titles and that got kiboshed.

Zigglers burial was just concussions, and him being an idiot on Twitter, but he was Dead on Return.

Not that youtube comments are any source of intelligence, we could fill up the entire thread with them.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Testekill. NEVER argue with someone on youtube.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

triplexpac posted:

Yeah I follow a guy on Twitter who desperately fights for the WiiU and says everyone in the media has been against it since day 1.

Not looking to debate the merits of the WiiU, but being slavishly devoted to a certain brand and having conspiracy theories that everyone is against it is pretty common.

See also: Bioware, Square Enix (although that seems to have morphed entirely the other way around) and pretty much everything in history, ever.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

In regards to someone saying that they could not in good faith support Dixie after all she had done to the talent.

quote:

just imagine how outraged he'd be if she helped somebody cover up a murder or destroyed the territories

But my favorite was the response to that.

quote:

Or have a talent killed in an "accident" for breaking the neck of her future cash cow.

Indeed, we should all #AskQuestions when it comes to Owens death.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Jeff Hardy. JEFF HARDY. I'm sorry I know the whole thing is dumb but that's just... Jeff was one of the hottest commodities in wrestling while in the WWE and nobody even know he exists anymore now that he's in TNA.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

ShootaBoy posted:

Does this count?

This is what your overly PC culture has produced. This geek and millions of geeks like them.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

epitasis posted:

you have it backwards actually. its this geek and the overly-eager carers like him that have produced odious-rear end reactionary assholes like you

This is a person looking at something that has nothing wrong with it and finding fault. There is absolutely zero wrong with Balor's paint and if you think there is, quite frankly you're just like them.And given your snap rude assessment, I would assume that's correct. So calm down and act like an adult.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Jonny Angel posted:

Please tell me you dramatically pointed at your monitor after you typed "just like them"

No. Unfortunatly, I wish I could be that dramatic. I'm just a rather boring fellow.

Alouicious posted:

sure thing anime tits

Hey, someone gave me this, I don't care enough about it to drop 10 bucks to change it. It's just money for the site and if it made them happy to do it, then that's cool.

TheJoker138 posted:

He's not disagreeing with there being nothing wrong with Balor's facepaint. He even says the guy is a geek and overly eager. But he's also right about the vast minority of people insane enough to think Balor's facepaint is somehow racist are what causes shitheads to go "ARGH PC POLICE!" every time someone does point out something that IS actually offensive.

Hey, that's fine, when racist poo poo goes on in wrestling I don't say things to the people pointing it out because it's true enough, it's people who over react and actually do act like they need to police everything and get offended by something that might be racist if you squint, turn your head and brain yourself a billion times that I mock relentlessly.

The fact that Epi called me an rear end in a top hat means I'm going to respond to that.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

Shut up about whatever the hell that yammering was about.

TNA Mecca sure had a lot to say about HHH not having anything to say about Sting in TNA!

TNA Mecca are the ultimate optimists, scientists should study them to see how they remain so positive.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Sanguinia posted:

Even if we believe the statistical data on this, it seems like such a stupid reason to not want to advertise with them. What are the two biggest cash cows of professional football? Cars and beer. The poor uneducated blue collar types in Chicago, the south and the New England/New York/Pennsylvania tri-state area buy that poo poo as much IF NOT MORE than the so-called 'desirable' demographics that WWE supposedly doesn't have. Raw has a consistent history of holding it's own against other professional sports including Monday Night Football even if it reaches a smaller audience, and the exorbitant prices of their merch and tickets shows they're willing to spend. What is the hangup? Since when does loving Ford of Anheizer Busch turn it's nose up at the opportunity to sell things to rednecks and factory workers?

Wrestling is thought of as a hicks demographic, so Vince will always try to get it accepted as 'Sports Entertainment', which makes it and him look carny and dishonest, etc. it's a cycle. But don't think that this advertisement poo poo doesn't drive him up the wall.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

To be fair, any sane system would pay those who take the more dangerous bumps more. Honestly the NXT girls on merit of pure working, deserve much more money than most if not all of the main roster.

It's a circular system of justification though, Women don't work as hard as men (because they have less and shorter matches) ergo don't deserve the same pay as the men, BUT they book the matches in which the women compete, so that's of their own making. Obviously if Nikki Bella and Cameron put on a 40 minute match in the usual Undertaker Slot at Wrestlemania... well... sorry I had a train of thought but I completely lost it after imagining that match.

Of course, if AJ doesn't think she's being paid for equivalent work of her male counterparts, then she can bring it before a court of law. That's illegal (well, probably gotten around with Independent contracts) under the Fair Wage act. Although I'm sure there's a loophole of some sort in her contract.

All I know is I really don't want to be the one to crack open this cthulhuesque can of worms in deciphering how that all actually works. Heck I don't even know how much the girls make.

But ya know, so long as no one starts complaining they should be making Cena money, Mostly because I don't think the WWE even has that kind of money.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Endorph posted:

Also spoony is a guy who's said and done some really weird/creepy poo poo so pretty much all of the people left on his forums are guys who took his side when that caused a big blow-up.

He's also legitimately sick and it didn't help that he attached himself to the biggest group of gently caress ups and spergs on the internet in TGWTG

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

DrVenkman posted:

It's the Metsman with another hot scoop for the internet.

1. That's less than Brock is making now. Bullshit he signed on for less money.

2. I don't doubt the fact that the writers are still writing mania, considering Meltzer already reported they wanted to solidify plans on monday

3. Yes, you know who's compared him to Lex Luger? EVERYONE. And we know the story of Lex Luger

4.And people will talk about based Mets because they want to habeeb

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Delsaber posted:

Remember that guy who posted the banme in one of the discussion threads a while back? That's an example of the kind of person who hangs out at the Spoony forums.

Actually I think you'd find the moderation and general community for that board trends the other way. They are a bunch of complete loving wankers on the Spoony forums. These are the kind of people who cult around a dude with legit mental illness who I think is finally on his meds? I dunno I stopped paying attention to that nonsense years ago.

Basically think of the Spoony forums as people who would defend Bill DeMott, and would form a cult around Chris Benoit.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

Yeah WWE is really dumb in trying to do a match that would make them boatloads of money

Well I mean it's only one of the biggest draws in wrestling versus one of the biggest draws in MMA AND Wrestling. I mean it's not like like they have a 100,000 seat stadium to fill up next year.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

they could try and build someone up this year instead of needing cameos from old guys and.... ahahahaha sorry i can't finish that

Unless the next Goldberg comes along there is no one you could build for an entire year to make a Marquee match to sell out a 100,000 seat stadium.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

NickRoweFillea posted:

that was Sramaker and him posting a banme because of gamergate asspain was a top moment in this forums recent history

I'm pretty sure that's a low moment because this is the Punchsport Pagoda and not Games The fact that general got derailed for like 10 pages was loving horrid and pissed me off endlessly because I come hear to read and talk about punchmans, not forum drama.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

i come to this comedy forum for funny posts so I got exactly what I wanted for once

Fair enough, There's plenty of unintentional comedy actually relating to wrestling though, I mean TNA still exists.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

quote:

The F4W commision should have never allowed this fight to take play

Somebody call the fire department, oh the humanity.

But yeah Ben Miller is a loving moron, maybe he's taken an ice pick to the brain, or maybe he keeps getting sent "I.O.U. One Blow Job" from an unpaid intern he thinks is Dixie Carter. Maybe, much like all TNA fans who viciously shoot down any other promotion as no.2 and says that anyone who wants TNA to die just hates wrestling. He's suffering from a severe case of the loving stupids.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

tumblr, forever answering the question, Yes, there is in fact a worse fan than the one you think of. It and TV tropes have made filtering poo poo opinions so much easier

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Twitter, forever answering the question, Yes, there is in fact a worse fan than the one you think of. It tumblr and TV tropes have made filtering poo poo opinions so much easier

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Dr. rear end posted:

you already said this five posts earlier and it was a bad enough post the first time

Yes it was a repition of a previous post, not unlike many "Mods please change my name to X" posts, with the website changing and then being added to the list, the ultimate end goal would be to just put "Something Awful" because ultimately every website has the worst fans.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Comments section on an article about Piper's thought's about Hogan.

What a stupid loving comment. As if Vince McMahon would do anything in his company for Social Justice. He does it for the MONAY. That's how you can tell someone knows nothing about wrestling. It reminds me that someone showed me a comment of someone saying "We should boycot the WWE games and give them a reputation of being horrible!" And it's like "They already have that reputation, do you actually know anything about the WWE or are you just trying to drag your bullshit into it?"

I can't even decipher what Bill is trying to say.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

Bill's basically saying "he said bad poo poo but isn't racist/a Hater for it"

I'm pretty sure when you flat out say "I'm a racist" that just makes you a racist. I mean it's not just that Hogan said bad poo poo, he literally flat out said "I'm a Racist"

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

John Quixote posted:

That's really all you need to read right there before you know the rest.

Also

This is clear in his wrestling shows from before around 2007 when one of their biggest stars ended up being a murderer

I'm just shocked that people think McMahon ever has an agenda that isn't "More money" or "Petty bullshit regarding whatever the gently caress is going on in Vince McMahons head." And you are a wiser man than I if you can determine what the gently caress that is.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Yeah gently caress 51% percent of the world's population and then another 10% of wrestling's fan base too!

It's stupid anyway. What guys don't like Ambrose? what the gently caress am I? I certainly don't watch many indie's I've seen some LU and a few ROH shows and that's it.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I'm pretty sure that's apart of the Blog part of Forbes, due to the "Contributer" not "Forbes Staff" tag. I'm going to just quote Bryan when he responded to it.

"These NXT guys and girls. They come in together, they train together, they grow up together, they party together, and this is Sasha's farewell match, she is leaving all of the people she's grown with to move on to the next stage. Yes she'll probably come back for guest spots, but this is real emotion."

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

wrong thread.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Seriously, the worst human being.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Baron Corbyn posted:

From the YouTube comments on that video:

"Dear Youtube, it would be nice to see something that honors our troops or shows our history other thsn just equal rights poo poo 24/7 please."

John Cena, man who doesn't honor the troops enough.

Well he's just so selfish you know.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

WWE's telling of TNA's history would just be a dramatic reading by former TNA guys of the LOLTNA page.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

dsriggs posted:

Celtic Princess is a surprise, however.

Why?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Can Steph just no longer smile politely? Like a human being? Are all her smiles mutated sneers?!

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I bring this up again, but Enzo potentially raping a lady was not the reason he got fired. It doesn't matter if he wasn't "Officially under investigation" if the Police questioned him regarding his potential involvement in a sexual assault case, guess what, you tell your boss about that. Heath Slater went through the same thing, but he told WWE that he was under investigation and it was happening and he still has a job today.

It isn't a complex situation, Enzo wasn't fired because of evul wammenz, He was fired because he made the WWE look stupid by having an under-investigation for sexual assault guy as their champion. And Enzo didn't tell them NOT because he knew of his innocence, but because he knew his push would be stopped cold until he was cleared.

WWE for once isn't actually in the wrong. Whoever is complaining seems to forget the WWE didn't just fire him on the spot, they suspended him because that's the standard practice, it was THEN after learning that his investigation had been ongoing for months that they fired him. Like... this isn't complex... there's a very clear path and absolutely none of it has to do with anything ridiculous.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Gonzo McFee posted:

Wasn't part of the whole thing that Enzo demanded a blowjob and said that the girl in question should be honoured because he has loads of Instagram followers?

To be clear we have like... no idea what actually happened. But her statement was

quote:

“He replied, ‘Bitch I have 1 million followers on Instagram…you should be begging for this dick,” she wrote, adding that he then proceeded to restrain her and raped her.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Corrode posted:

"It's been like hundreds of years ago" or, uh, since 1920.

Entirely unrelated, that's 2 years to a century.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

The fooch is loose and he'll no sell the virility Jeff bomb