Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

Excuse me, is this where the bitches are found?

Madtrixr posted:

Yeah their name is Kronik but theres NOTHING that they did that said "I smoke weed" other than their finisher being High Times or whatever, also they were mercenaries at one point or another?

God Kronik sucks

They tried to address it one time in a backstage skit. These... guys, I don't know (it's been a long time) were talking, and then someone slid a piece of paper under the door. They picked it up and read it aloud: "It's 4:19, got a minute?" And then kronik came in and started beating up everyone.

It went over pretty well as you can see...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

SpaceWolfPurrp posted:

Well clearly he's not straight edge then.

WHAT DO HIS UNCLES SAY

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Is dumb fantasy booking ok?

Well if we're gonna lovely fantasy book, have Rollins cash in and win somewhere between now and then, and have Reigns/Rollins main ev... HRRRRNG

gently caress it, I can't finish.

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

Great White Hope posted:

If I sit down to watch a full Raw, I will be miserable for approximately 3 hours.

If I sit down to watch a full Impact, I will be miserable for approximately 2 hours and can spend the extra hour doing something that makes me not miserable.

If you watch Raw on Hulu, you will be miserable for 90 minutes. That's a steep discount on misery.

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

OctoberCountry posted:

TNA forgetting to mail out paychecks is just smart business.

Someone's trolling, right? I mean, that's the only explanation for the last tweet.

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

I Before E posted:

I think he could carry it with his hand, he's pretty strong and Cena's jock probably isn't very heavy when his cock and balls aren't in it

What about Batista's?

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

STAC Goat posted:

The best part is the comparison of specific white nationalities to "Asian". Its that sort of nuance you gotta appreciate.

Historically, it took a while for Irish and Italians to be accepted as "white" in America. Back in the day they faced discrimination as well. (No, not to the degree that nonwhites did)

It doesn't make the comparisons any less stupid, but there is an historical context.

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

STAC Goat posted:

Sure but the point is that when someone goes "Imagine if it was Irish or Italian or Belgium or whatever" and then compares that to "Asian" instead of "Japanese or Chinese or whatever" then its pretty revealing about their own internal biases and ignorance.

We're not disagreeing here, at all.

Basically what I'm saying is those people are probably both racist AND boomers.

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

coconono posted:

I thought Resident Evil 3 failed because they had no reason to make a 3rd but they made a 3rd because The Matrix did. The first 2 were fantastic and will fight people over it

They made 6. (And there's talk of a Reboot)

Not that any of them are sitting on my NAS or anything.

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

coconono posted:

Taking off my Bix Shirt to reveal a Wade Keller shirt.

WHAT'S COCOA NANA DOING IN THE IMPACT ZONE

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

Say what you will about Glen Jacobs, but when Tennessee reopened a couple of weeks ago, he kept his county closed a bit longer, and has phased his reopenings differently, on the advice of his county's health department.

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

MassRafTer posted:

Kane's excuse for doing Crown Jewel was he didn't know if Khashoggi was alive or dead, so let's not pretend he's anything other than garbage.

Today I learned.

Yeah, trash. My bad.

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

JT Smiley posted:

New thread title?

Seconded

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

Plot twist: The big reveal will be that former WWE Tag Champ Nicholas (Strowman's former partner) is running that account.

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

MassRafTer posted:

Last night this person posted that Rance isn't a pedophile because he targets teens not children. He has denied he is a libertarian but spent the entire day melting down and has gotten to the point where he is saying he will fight people if he ever meets them:

https://twitter.com/MattMahQuein/status/1284476196504375297

https://twitter.com/MattMahQuein/status/1284603088112881664

I mean, he's got the "technically correct" card going (the proper term would be ephebophile and not pedo) but JFC, it's still creepy AF, illegal in most places, and indefensible.

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

MassRafTer posted:

And Mr. Rance has reportedly bragged about having sex with girls as young as 13. But even if he weren't technically wrong too it'd still be completely nuts to argue with a dozen people all day about it.

:agreed:

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

Pope Corky the IX posted:

But one of his eyes is a ping pong ball now...

So his character will lack depth (perception)

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

Because Drake is an AEW fan.
Someone doesn't understand the Drake Curse.

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

yea ok posted:

sorry to be a party pooper but this thread gets really uncomfortable to me sometimes. i think it's funny to rag on people for saying like 'Russo WCW outdrew raw and aew COMBINED 20 years ago so it's really good and russo is a god' but i don't really like pasting bios and looking through to find their virginal crybaby woes. feels too GBS and easy to go south very quickly. its my 2 cents.

:hmmyes:

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

Hellblazer187 posted:

Yeah I don't think Austin had any shoot wrestling skills. Goldberg was bigger and had fewer injuries. So, Goldberg.

But Austin was WAY BETTER as a professional wrestler.

By the time Goldberg even got in, Austin's neck was already hosed. So yeah, Goldberg wins a shoot.

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

Eat My Fuc posted:

I think Jericho told that story so I don’t know how legit it is.

Yep, in his first book. Says it happened in the WWE locker rooms right after Goldberg went there.

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

MassRafTer posted:

Here's a good old fashioned take to help turn around a bad day.

https://twitter.com/TheLouisDangoor/status/1292849843585548290

"WWE fans lack patience for long-term storylines."

Summer of Punk lasted 9 days. That wasn't the fans' fault.

--

Sidebar: WWE lacks patience with their own loving creations. Yeah, we have The Fiend, but at The Horror Show at Extreme Rules: The Horror Show, it was Swamp Wyatt, not The Fiend or Super Happy Fun Time Bray Wyatt that wrestled. At the end of Matt Hardy's latest run, Broken Matt disappeared and 1998-1999 Matt was the one getting poo poo on by Randy Orton. What story are they telling here? "Matt's healed, so he's normal again just in time for us to let him go"?

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

JOHN CENA posted:

helps crop grow

It's what plants crave!

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

Lid posted:

Fact is the only WWE first ballot hall of famer in the last decade was Daniel Bryan because only he satisfied the criteria. The others sabotaged their own cases ([...] CM Punk) [...] The criteria is correct.

As someone who doesn't really follow Observer/Meltzer stuff, what's the difference between the two?

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

MassRafTer posted:

Bryan is a better wrestler than Punk.

So Punk sabotaged his case by not being as good as DB. Gotcha.

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

MassRafTer posted:

Yeah, he didn't sabotage himself with voters by walking out of the company he just didn't have a good enough of a run business wise to overcome the fact he's not as good as Daniel Bryan.

And voters don't care that he sued Colt Cabana or lost in MMA, if anything drawing a good number for his first UFC fight helps him.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic with me now or not, but I also don't think I have to know. No one's contradicting your answer to my question, so I guess this is the answer. Thanks.

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

Benne posted:

Didn't think "Bryan is a better wrestler than Punk" was a controversial opinion but you learn something new every day

It's not. It also wasn't the question, though. Not was it the claim that spawned the question. But we're off topic.

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

Pylons posted:

They blacklisted [...] Vickie for being associated with AEW.

...the gently caress? After what she put herself through for WWE? Spiteful little bastards.

---

Side question -- did they blacklist people who did Dark Side of the Ring (and weren't already blacklisted)?

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

Vince MechMahon posted:

Who did it that wasn't already? Like I'm just assuming Jericho is persona non grata as well.

Idk... Godfather, dlo, droz? Maybe they were blackballed and I didn't know.

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

davidbix posted:

Granted, I don't think Meltzer—among others—has done a good job explaining why 8-49 and 18-34 more desirable to the point of rankings defaulting to 18-49, but it's not that complicated.

Maybe he feels he doesn't have to explain it? It's quite an obvious thing to anyone who ostensibly understands the concept behind ratings.

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

JBL is poopy

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I will put money down that this person did not make the same complaint when watching matches featuring Benoit, Eddy, or Angle (or maybe even Taz)

Or Lesnar?

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

sticklefifer posted:

Why is he calling it ACW when Bro is clearly part of the promotion title

Sweah Ta God, Bro Championship Wrestling

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

Am I misreading this galaxy brain's first tweet? Did he say WCW "shouldn't have worked with Impact, either?"

guess not. Am dumb.

IronCladBurrito fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Apr 29, 2021

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

Vagabundo posted:

Like, how often do they break the 180-degree rule?

About as often as they cut to another camera.

https://vimeo.com/531032969

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Rey Mysterio lost a loving eye ping pong ball last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

New thread title:

The Chris Regal Memorial Bad Takes Thread: Waky(whacky) Ito