Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

What the blue hell does “Dummy, Yeah” EVEN MEAN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Holy poo poo. I went down the rabbit hole of that guys Twitter timeline. What a loon.

Edit: The guy Rovert posted.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Billionaires don’t like wrestling, while they pay half a billion to WWE for TV shows.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Endless Mike posted:

Baltimore is already trash there's nothing to miss.

Aw, c'mon.

I mean, you're not wrong, but...

:cry:

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

I think this doofus is a gimmick poster.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

I recognize that I shouldn't engage with the folks who have brainworms, but I've seen a lot of people today complaining about Dave Meltzer saying in the mailbag segment of Saturday's Wrestling Observer Radio that he didn't think that Harper would ever return, and then reporting in last night's WOR that Harper was contacted on Friday to be a part of the show, is an indication that Dave doesn't know what he's talking about?

Do any of these turds understand the difference between opinion and reporting?

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

davidbix posted:

(Asterisk: I believe that at least at Grantland, he was technically a staff graphic designer because he could work in that area as well, but still having gotten on Simmons's radar as a wrestling writer.)

My understanding is he’s doing the same at The Ringer, so I’d guess it’s a scenario of Grantland was dying, Simmons was starting the next thing, and he went “Hey, can you do graphics for this, TOO?”

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Blast Fantasto posted:

This is basically what Here Comes the Pain was and I agree they should just pull the trigger and do that. I want to give people Canadian destroyers off the Hell in a Cell and motorcycle-chokeslam people.

I would absolutely pay for the HCTP engine to return with slightly nicer graphics.

I absolutely loved the loose physics and less-sim like controls of the first few Smackdown games.

And if anyone tells you they didn’t like German Suplexing people off the Hell in a Cell, they’re lying.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

DarkstarIV posted:

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1207499689379147776?s=21

Maybe I'm not understanding this tweet correctly, but character development is an important aspect of wrestling in my opinion.

I take it as more an ask to not over complicate things.

As they RT’d after, Okada/Tanahashi is the feud of the decade, and that was just “I’m the best!” “No, I’m the best!” and that’s it.

Sure, there were extensions of that over time, but really, the goal remained: this guy wants to beat that guy.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Is Satin one of the stupidest and most disingenuous people in wrestling or is he the stupidest and most disingenuous person in wrestling?

The money hat is strong.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Dipshit local restaurant owner (who legit is trying to make his restaurant “the American Ribera”) is trying to get in the news again.

https://twitter.com/JimmysSeafood/status/1239707386694250496

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

MJeff posted:

That's the restaurant with an anti-smark gimmick right?

Yeah, which is funny when you recognize they were one of the homes of Starrcast last November, and they have a t-shirt which rips off the Bullet Club logo, and they also co promoted the Bullet Club party thing Mania weekend last year.

Also, they had a pretty big feud with PETA last year, which was just two idiots slugging it out.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Can these people read a new loving book, please?

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Also people around the world are getting shorter. https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/content/average-global-human-height-falling-study/

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

I touched the poop of Louis’ timeline, and it’s really just nothing but those tepid takes described in the most “And yet you participate in a society, how curious!” ways.

In short, that guy sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Frankly, I’m amazed Corny’s whole grift didn’t fall apart when the Bucks talked about how he wanted to work together and he was just getting heat for their program.