Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It reminds me of religious nuts who ask questions with actual answers thinking that asking a question is proof of something.

:byodood: IF THE EARTH IS ROUND HOW COME I CAN'T SEE THE BACK OF MY OWN HEAD THROUGH A TELESCOPE HUH? HUH???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I've actually seen worse. Someone posted in the comments of a Benoit video that Eddie Guerrero was killed as a sacrifice to the Illuminati in which Vince McMahon is apparently a major player. Benoit and his family were innocent victims of the Patriots or whatever batshit theory that plays into.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Skinty McEdger posted:

TNA Mecca decide to have the final word on Eric Young.

I like how not giving a poo poo about TNA is somehow equated to outright persecution.

I'm pretty sure nobody's saying "WTF HE CAN'T BE CHAMPION", we just don't care. TNA fans have such a persecution complex it's amazing.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Daniel Bryan posted:

This is a lot of assuming when the dude has basically not been on the show since Mania with unforeseen circumstances being largely the reason. Still probably the most over "as a face" guy they have, and based on these few unfortunate weeks HE SHOULD TURN HEEL!!!
His father dying, yes, but a honeymoon isn't really unforeseen. It actually isn't really a good idea for a major star to get married on Mania week, but it's not like I'm going to criticize him for that.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's pretty creepy to track down a guy's address and then teach your kid it's okay to stalk someone and shove things into his mail slot. Mail it to him if you really just can't resist, but don't come to his front door.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Sanguinia posted:

Well I wouldn't want to be stupid so I guess I'll just start assuming every person I see on the street is a murderer and yet also argue that I don't need any protection from them. Also make all my other posts the exact opposite I guess.

Nobody said anything about murderers, Captain Hyberbole. But it is creepy. It would be just as creepy if someone tracked down AJ Lee's address to hand-deliver flowers to her because they saw her on TV and had a crush on her. The way it's written, it sounds like he came home to find them at his door. After thousands of fans hound you all day, every day, no matter where you go, and one of them tracks you down and is standing between you and your front door while putting unknown things into it, you're supposed to smile and say thank you and have a pleasant chat? Or do you tell them to leave you alone? Now imagine if 500 people did the same thing. If he lets one person do it without complaint, that gives free license for everyone else to do it. You have as poor a grasp of personal boundaries as these people do.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

MassRafTer posted:

if Spike doesn’t want to renew, would it really be all THAT bad?

This is really all he had to say because the answer is no regardless.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Some dingus on Youtube talking about the Stardust debut posted:

So Cody Rhodes has an alter ego just like Jeff Hardy does over on TNA. What a Coincidence.

Clearly TNA invented alter egos.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Perigryn posted:

When TNA dies, can we have a live thread for TNAMecca reactions?

I'm sure they'll all just follow everyone to Jarrett's fed and consider it TNA 2.0 anyway.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
That's a pretty common fan opinion, not really a stupid one. Cena does need something to change, even if it isn't a heel turn.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The really dumb thing about adding a Cruiserweight division nowadays is that there would be lighter wrestlers who don't wrestle a light heavyweight style, and there are also a ton of guys who work really well together despite size differences so it would rob us of all those matchups. I have to say the X-Division idea was one of the few things TNA ever did right - I know they've changed it over the years, but for a time rather than a weight class it was just a different style, and promoted heavily, so the roster could shift in and out of the division at will.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Hey guys, TNA losing a TV deal is the beginning of the end of professional wrestling.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I saw a video on Youtube of a blacked-out image of rovert posting on TNAMecca.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
"as much as 50 percent more thin"

TNA's budget is thin enough as it is.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
So if it's like holding the TNA championship, does that mean Spike's business model is renewing Impact, waiting until it gets pretty popular for a few months, and then selling it off to BET?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's like a delusional e-fedder cut a shoot promo but forgot he wasn't really his insane conspiracy theorist character.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's funny too because if the entire world was like Lance Storm thinks it is, everyone would just be self-diagnosing every minor ailment and passive-aggressively complaining about it.

wait a minute... :stare:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I thought it was established on PSP that The Ascension are Stargate vampires.

I still think the best/coolest/funniest way to have debuted them in WWE is to have them be cosmic villains for Goldust/Stardust. Like they opened a portal to create a shortcut to the Cosmic Key and The Ascension popped out.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

oatgan posted:

I see your Orton and raise you a Cena http://youtu.be/FNF5LFkcuMc

Didn't someone make a sitcom end credits gif with that?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Great White Hope posted:

I'll never get over the incredible victim complex being a TNA fan seems to breed.

It's not even just a victim complex, it's this weird, somehow completely self-unaware egocentrism where they think everything is about them when it's completely unrelated. Something happens in NJPW? Clearly something done specifically to bash TNA. WWE? Goes out of their way to make TNA look bad despite really never needing to. Someone in rural Bangladesh injured their knee? gently caress you, TNA had knee injuries way before this copycat.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Gaz-L posted:

To be fair, WWE do actually do this occasionally.

I refuse to believe they've done anything more damaging to TNA than TNA has already done to itself.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I just wonder, when you're that deeply entrenched, what excuses people like that are going to make when/if TNA inevitably folds. Is it THEN Dixie's fault? Or does the failure of her company only martyr her that much more?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Oh, honey. No. "Hard decisions" is mediaspeak for damage control.

And yet the longer there's no news, the more he'll build himself up to think it's good news. He'll convince himself that HBO will be running Impact in an unopposed block with Game of Thrones, or that Dixie secured a deal with Comcast to beam Impact directly into people's skulls.

IN PRINT, btw. Therefore it is binding. It is law. It is legend.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

TNA has "a plan" like the Cylons had "a plan". :awesomelon:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Impact, but as a reality show about Dixie's complete mismanagement of a wrestling company. I'd watch the hell out of that.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I will now apply that logic to everything in wrestling ever: You don't know because they work everyone all the time.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
You don't know if she's lying or not because she works everyone all the time, you see.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
You see, with the percentage of people who watch Impact on Destination America, that's more viewers than the percentage of people who watch it on Spike, and therefore the numbers are actually higher because magic.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

TheJoker138 posted:

TNAs reality show to be shot all by film students working for "exposure" and "material for their reels."

I'm pretty sure that's what the TNA roster actually wrestles for.

This cage match will look great on my CV.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
At this point I'm not convinced the entire board isn't just trolling itself to see how far they can go before someone calls them on it.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
If that Divas elimination tag was far and away the worst match that person has ever seen on PPV, they haven't seen many PPVs.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
As though it hadn't already been there for a very long time.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
In terms of mental gymnastics, maybe. If mental gymnastics were physical, every one of those people would be an Olympic gold medalist.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
So if it comes out that they literally are taking big paycuts, their pristine fantasy remains intact because it's Meltzer propaganda.

Welp, I'm in. :munch:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Nah, plenty of unsuccessful people are dicks too.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
STAY DOWN

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

dsriggs posted:

QUIT WORK

STAPH INFEC

I ran out of letters. :saddowns:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

flashy_mcflash posted:

I'm making this my desktop background.

I once saw someone comment on a Youtube video who was convinced Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit's deaths were part of an Illuminati blood sacrifice and that Vince didn't want to do it but he had to. Those two were just two more in a long line of sacrifices.

I have no idea whether or not this has anything to do with Ho Kogan.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
hey dixie if you're reading this you can have that one for free

i'd charge you otherwise for using my great idea on the internet about sexy dances with the butts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

triplexpac posted:

Maybe I'll sign up and lurk on TNAMecca and see how THEY like it.

Or maybe we should invade them, Main Event Mafia style.

Just what they've always wanted: Legitimacy.