Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

DarkstarIV posted:

Did I mention how stupid Dave is? (This is on the AAW/Elgin situation)

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/965107641377853440

:sigh:

It's kind of weird, because these people are obviously upset at Elgin and think he's a piece of poo poo - and yet they paid to see him? I take Dave's answer as "they're not doing it yet, but we'll see if people care enough to vote with their money and/or if promoters are worried about that", which is answering the question posed. I don't expect Dave to have an opinion on the societal/ethical aspects of this, because it's Dave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Chris James 2 posted:

AAW's card last night was almost completely unknown before showtime, including a lot of competitors like Elgin. They quite literally did not pay to see him because they didn't even know he'd be on the show, especially with AAW not having booked Elgin recently prior to this

MassRafTer posted:

In the very next tweet he says if he appeared unadvertised at AAW that was a bad move on their part.

Thanks, that's some context I was missing.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

DJExile posted:

It's just fact!!!!

My tip off that someone has lovely, stupid opinions is overuse of ellipses and multiple punctuation marks, it hasn't failed me yet.

Is this the same misogynist getting posted over and over, or is it multiple shitlords?

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Okay but the implication is basically that she is one of the 10 most talented people in the company period. Which uh....

They literally say "top 10 most popular wrestlers" and don't imply anything about talent, though. If you had a chart of crowd dB annotated with show highlights and cross-referenced that with merch sales and a few other things, I wouldn't be shocked to see Alexa in the top 10. Probably why Vince keeps a belt on her.

I feel like I have the stupid wrestling fan opinion for hoping that WWE someday showcases more advanced wrestling and complex storylines/characters on Raw and Smackdown. I've never purchased a shirt or an action figure, cut the cable years ago, give them a few views on Hulu, and spend maybe $20 on the Network for SummerSlam and Wrestlemania. I'm almost certainly not in their target market, so why am I surprised that their show makes no sense to me and makes sense to the Alexa-worshippers?

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

coconono posted:

sometimes it gets fuckin weird like "Dean Ambrose smiled at me at a house show so now we're married"

Welp, what a way to find out I'm actually single again.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Endless Mike posted:

Invite him to the Monumental Podcast

:yeah: i would listen to that

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Web Jew.0 posted:

unlike all those other shows where it's just one guy wrestling himself for four hours.

go on...

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Between this and WK it is a wonderful day for wrestlestuff.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

That's the founder of Ringsidenews.com - isn't that the really bad "scoops" site that was effectively banned from /r/squaredcircle because it was so bad?

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Jerusalem posted:

Somebody straight up had a "I want to be Lynch'd" sign on Smackdown today :cripes:

They're just excited to see Becky Lynch, Maggle!

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Benne posted:

Who the gently caress watches an Undertaker match (even the good ones) and thinks "ah yes, this is just like a real fight"

*runs into the room, out of breath* BEST PURE STRIKER

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

I don't know who Erik Frenz is, but he appears to be a loving moron.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Leftover Pizza Hut pepperoni stuffed crust is the best hangover relief, you can't convince me otherwise.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

projecthalaxy posted:

Cody: time to give myself CTE on purpose to advance the agenda of tye Dillinger

It wasn't a real chair, it'd be more fair to say "time to get hit with a pie tin OW gently caress ITS GOT A SHARP EDGE WE DIDNT ACCOUNT FOR"

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

fale matches make you appreciate the other wrestlers more.

Unironically why I don't mind his matches. Fale vs EVIL was still better than almost anything on a given night of WWE.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

I used to be "all in" on Jericho, but if he's starting same sex cults, that's problematic for my social media brand.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

They came at about the same time as the NY64 which was my last straw for dealing with that company.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

At some point in life you realize you need to assume the best of people. There are a few shitheads for sure, but if you think everyone is a shithead, you wind up a bitter old rear end in a top hat.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

They've got the brainworms bad. Pretty much any post made yesterday there belongs in this thread.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

gently caress the Bucks and Kenny (in kayfabe), gently caress Cody all the time.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

I'm starting to think AEW had good reason to dump Ivelisse.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

AEW is much bigger on social media than WCW ever got

lol

I missed it and I don't feel like digging much - did rovert finally get tired of being probed/banned and leave for Twitter for good?

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

edit: it made more sense in my head, that guy is a dumbass though

luchadornado fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jun 8, 2021

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

https://twitter.com/Makavelimademe/status/1360676788008058883?s=19

A good take. Shame he can't take his own advice.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

forkboy84 posted:

It's amazing rovert was tolerated here as long as he was, especially after his track record of being run off every moderated wrestling discussion platform online.

If by "tolerated" you mean probed for weeks at a time.

He was a trainwreck of a poster in a way that made me want to see what poo poo he would stir up next. I was surprised how much the Board still talks about him.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

I took a break from the internet - can someone provide the lore of Mike Hurts?

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Gumball Gumption posted:

They're just going to do the Fiend but good and make everyone so mad I'm really excited

Spoiler alert: Cody goes over

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

History Comes Inside! posted:

How long until the next American public holiday

Cody: July 23rd is National Vanilla Ice Cream Day. Dusty loved vanilla ice cream - he would have wanted this.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Cornette and others are whipping these morons into a frenzy and it's all fun and games until some guy decides he's going to shoot someone. The last few years have broken people's brains in a bad way.

I wish I were irony posting.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Why the hell am I like 3/3 on agreeing with Raj Giri of all people.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Woman on left probably has a much more happy and fulfilling life, because "stanning for Cornette to get the adoration of 100 of Twitter's worst wrestling fans" is real bottom-of-the-barrel poo poo.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Is it "WWE sucks so bad they can't sell out", "WWE fans are hyper-concentrated segment of anti vaxxers", or maybe a bit of both? It's amazing how it's breaking peoples brains like this.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

AEW sucks and you're wasting your time watching it!

*makes an AEW parody account and posts thousands of times*

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Continually shocked at how someone can watch 3 hours of Raw, compare it to the AEW show on a night like tonight, and think AEW is the boring show.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

but what about? what about?! whatbaoutbaoutabouwhabout. SELFISH gently caress.

- me, staying loyal to wwe unlike some people in tyool 2021

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

CarlCX posted:

it's a super cool and unique visual and it is also an objectively bad thing and the difficult emotional duality is the agony and ecstasy of professional wrestling

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

I'd absolutely get in the ring with Nick Gage before peak Steiner Bros or something, but I get worked more by Gage. The Thumbtack Jack and Arquette matches alone are enough to make me believe there's a tiny sliver of a chance the match could go sideways in a gory way. I know he's not going to kill Jericho on national TV, but that somehow still seems more likely than a Perro Aguayo Jr. freak accident in my mind.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

yea ok posted:

it's a good thread

:yeah:

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

I knew these were some bad takes in here, but I watched WWE for the first time in over 4 years the other night, and that puts some of these in a special context. Alexa Bliss and a doll were at a playground talking to Dew Drop or something and it was garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

davidbix posted:

So...meanwhile...is this the right thread to discuss how the tribalism—mainly from the pro-WWE side—is getting incredibly loving concerning? Especially in the last few weeks and then again in the last few days.

I don't touch the poop as much as you do, but isn't this kind of just the last 5 or so years in general? The spectrum of "truly mentally ill" to "is an rear end in a top hat with bad opinions" has always been there, but now they're a) all on social media b) encouraged to share their opinions.