Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Eh.

Crossposting from the TNA thread, this is one of my favorite comments from last night, on the Wresting Inc. article about Impact's cancellation:

quote:

If TNA doesn't get a TV deal at all, then I personally blame WWE for paying Spike not to get them a deal because We know, Spike knows, and WWE knows that TNA was on a roll. Now, if TNA gets a deal then the best deal for TNA now is if they got a deal with Fox Sports because well, they had a deal before when they had six sides and now it's 2014, they have the six sides. Hopefully, you guys who wanted TNA out of business will finally realize that WWE will probably be just as bad as TNA was in 2010 - 2013...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Eh.

Some more from the same article:

quote:

Why would a company going out of business sign up countless staff members to new contracts, create networking opportunities and hold a major ppv in Japan for October, do a tv show for new talent in and from the UK, and have a multi date UK tour planned for next January? I think they have a "Plan B"

quote:

I'm just not happy how people are being smug b*stards about the beginning of the end of professional wrestling.

quote:

I think that they should try to do some kind of online show, like posting on Youtube or something similar

quote:

I bet by 2020 the only wrestling that will be around is backyard wrestling

quote:

I hope ROH gets a TV deal one day.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Eh.

Some more stuff from Wrestling Inc Dot Com:

quote:

if TNA re-ups with Spike, TMZ and the Dirtsheets might be facing lawsuits for passing false information as factual

quote:

They're not going out of business. Many of you have forgotten that TNA was originally on Fox Sports before going to Spike TV. There are a lot of options for TNA out there. AOL/Timewarner stated they are interested in getting back into the wrestling business. Fox Sports One has been looking for more content to add to their lineup. If all else fails, TNA could negotiate a deal with a streaming service like uStream, Justin tv etc.. for the time being.

There is plenty of options available for TNA. Some network will pick them up because they are a international brand, that garners nearly 1.5 million viewers a week.

quote:

Maybe hopefully there is a merger between TNA and Jeff Jarrett's GWF! If Jarrett can find the right parties that can take TNA off the Carter family's back, that would be good!

The below was in response to someone pooh-poohing Bobby Lashley as TNA champ:

quote:

And, you guys like Brock Lesnar? At lease, the TNA champ does something more different.

And, last but most certainly not least (emphasis mine)

quote:

Laying the blame on Vince Russo is really not fair. The ratings plunged after he left, he wasn't responsible.

So, he's been consulting for them recently, but there's no way Spike would cancel their top rated show due a consultancy contract that could easily be cancelled - I freelance and those contracts always have clauses in the company's favor allowing them to withdraw from the agreement (especially if there was non-disclosure clause that was breached as Russo did).

Also, since Russo has been consulting with them, the ratings have started to rally.

The guy has done a lot of stupid cr*p, but blaming him for the mess TNA in is ridiculous. It was Dixie and her management team who threw ludicrous amounts of cash at Hogan and Bischoff and their ideas in a botched attempt to go mainstream, ultimately alienating all their fans and stagnating their ratings...

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Eh.

Reality Is Controlled Knowledge indeed.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Eh.

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Cena, Ziggler, and Bray are fine

One of these things is not like the others

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Eh.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

The argument that anyone could get a reaction with the pipe bomb promo is absurd because Punk came up with the promo. He wasn't handed the script; they were his words. That's like saying that the Rolling Stones weren't that great because anybody could have played "Satisfaction" and people would have liked it. It discounts the fact that the end product was the direct result of Punk's creative output.

No but you see, CM Punk walked out on WWE, therefore he sucks and has always sucked.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Eh.

oatgan posted:

as a child i loved stone cold because he kicked everyones rear end and ultimately that's what the children of today want too

This pretty much, as a kid in the 80s, I started watching wrestling because of WCCW and the JCP-era NWA, not them cartoon characters WWF had on

(I mean, I watched WWF too, but I always preferred the other feds )

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Eh.

"Is it possible that NASA will shock the wrestling world by announcing they will have IMPACT WRESTLING matches taking place on the MOON, which has unparalleled key demo reach due to being in the sky at night?"

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Eh.

IronCladBurrito posted:

WHAT DO HIS NUNCLES SAY

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Eh.

Jesus Christ the TNAMecca people are delusional

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Eh.

HulkaMatt posted:

The Spike TV did NOTHING argument gets more ridiculous every day.

It's almost as if TNA fans are generally pretty drat self-delusional!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Eh.

sticklefifer posted:

heave gorilla marketing.

I saw be humble and go outside the box. There opportunity out there.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Eh.

When I think Attitude Era, I think Paul London and Shelton Benjamin, I tell you what.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Eh.

sticklefifer posted:

Why not just burn them in that case.

I am now envisioning the TNA Mecca propagandists virulently advocating a "scorched earth" policy when TNA finally collapses, so as not to give the WWEnemy a single thing they can use in their favor.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Eh.

Someone in the comments on a TNAsylum article posted:

Discovery Communications, welcome to the world of professional wrestling; where Hollywood's problems with the likes of TMZ and Perez Hilton are nothing compared to wrestling having to deal with tabloid rumors coming from Meltzer and others like him.

We see that, unlike the days of Spike, you're not taking this poo poo and convinced TNA not to take this poo poo anymore without fighting back.

What in the world

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Eh.

Doomsday Jesus posted:

ROH to Destination America! I cannot wait to see the spin.

Already begun, from the ROH on DA thread:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Eh.

Require More Fire posted:

These people still believe that Fido is living happily at The Doggy Farm after that "foaming at the mouth" ordeal.

someone on Wrestling Inc posted:

MVP should be immediatly let go..send him to nxt to carry Somoa joes sweat rags..ive never cared for the guy..and knowing roh only runs hr long shows this IS GREAT NEWS.I havent been so stoaked for 3 hrs of wrestling since the LEGEND DANIEL BRYAN Returned to Raw

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Eh.

triplexpac posted:

Good to see they are still immediately turning on anyone who even slightly steps away from the TNA ranks

Hey, they don't have time to waste on people who aren't properly stoaked to be part of TNA.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Eh.

Everything about this is golden.

"I always say, starting a wrestling promo today, is like buying a circus in 1925"

Really. Do you really always say this.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Eh.

Mormon Juggernaut posted:

Pre planned match Everyone clearly saw cena whispered in Owens ears when he put STF

its scripeted now i.belive like indian.relity drama

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Eh.

What is up with these posts a grown men saying that they love another man

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Eh.

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I feel like I'm missing some key aspect of TNA that makes them seem like a well run and financially secure company to another human being.

"They aren't WWE" is probably all the justification most TNA fans need to continue believing that whatever dumb thing Dixie does is a good idea.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Eh.

Impact Wrestling stops at nothing! And stays there!

(I highly approve of the MST3K-related direction this thread has taken)

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Eh.

There's no impact, and it's not really wrestling; but you know me, I don't like to complain.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Eh.

"I will always fund you"

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Eh.

Now I'm curious to know what classic horror movies are popular with each section of the economic strata.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Eh.

Aesop Poprock posted:

Where exactly is the pro Saudi Arabia support coming from, I feel like that’s one of those rare situations where usually everyone from all sides agrees they’re a poo poo country except really rich people and politicians who do business with them

It's probably less pro-Saudi Arabia and more hardcore WWE fanboyism. Like there are people out there who think Vince is literally a genius that can do no wrong.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Eh.

The best part of that idiot's tweet is that numerous people pointed out how he just took all reported shootings in Philly and claimed they were murders, when the real number was actually somewhere around 250-ish.

Though I am disappointed that nobody asked him how many of those murders were sanctioned by the state, in comparison to the one in question being ordered by the ruler of Saudi Arabia and carried out by KSA government thugs. But god forbid WWE not get to make a bunch of money.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Eh.

MassRafTer posted:

The other 900 were Dave killing him with the quote tweet.

If there's one thing Twitter has proven to be good for, it's for allowing absolute idiots a platform where they can just run right out and own themselves, in public, for all perpetuity. With the really amazing thing being how so many of them do it *constantly*.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Eh.

Benne posted:

You must've missed the last time WWE went to KSA for the Greatest Royal Rumble, because there were a loving myriad of Western fans claiming how this was a good thing, that WWE can help enact positive change in the country, and how important it was to "build bridges" or whatever. You probably don't even have to dig through this thread far enough to find such takes. So many people bought the "progressive" line hook and sinker.

It's almost like well-produced propaganda is scary effective or something.

I dunno if they even believed the whole progressive thing so much. A lot of people just don't want to stop watching WWE and will find ways to rationalize that no matter what they do or how bad the product gets.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Eh.

oldpainless posted:

Are Kevin Hart and Bret Hart related?

Nah, Kevin won't pee by the side of the road with another dude.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Eh.

Gonzo McFee posted:

Lets Player. 1K+ Subs! #BlissFit #Carmite Twitter RPer Noticed by Bayley, LVN(3X), Mauro(X7) Johnny Gargano(2X), Izzy(X24), Cris Cyborg (X5) Shayna Baszler X2

Bit late since he removed the Izzy reference, but nonetheless.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Eh.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Twitter is a tool for bringing out the worst in public figures and the people who enjoy their work

Just imagine being someone who actually takes enjoyment in the work of Corey Graves in any respect, and looks forward to his commentary every week.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Eh.

I'm still trying to comprehend the mindset of a person that feels compelled to Stan Up For Corey Graves. The man is truly unremarkable on basically every level.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Eh.

dsriggs posted:

I hear you’re a racist now, Terry!

Only, the hardcore wrestling takes up most of the day, and at night I just like a cup of tea. I mightn't be able to devote myself full time to the old racism.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Eh.

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Lmao I just saw that on twitter.

People just want to poo poo on Dave so bad and I honestly don't get it.

It's actually pretty understandable when you realize that the guy with a big WWF logo on his hat has, like many people, tied his personal identity up with the corporate product he consumes, and so views even the mildest criticism of WWE by Dave and others as a deeply personal attack on himself.

Either that or he's just a moron.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Eh.

Jerusalem posted:

Also what the gently caress kind of broke-brained idiot sees a wrestler showing support for the victims of a mass murder in his home country and gets upset because they think it is against the character he plays on a loving pro-wrestling show? Jesus Christ.

That dude probably loved Larry Zbyszko's comment when Louie Spicolli died during their feud in WCW.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Eh.

Aesop Poprock posted:

So a bunch of people pretending to be Rock fans but somehow missing that he’s always been left wing on issues

Which makes even less sense when you consider that he always talks about voting Republican

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Eh.

Brock milked Vince for shitloads of money and for that we should all salute him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Eh.

Jerusalem posted:

In a thread designed to showcase stupid wrestling fan opinions, that legitimately might be the stupidest

That's beyond stupid and straight into insane "defend WWE and their business practices at any cost" territory.

«2 »