Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«4 »
jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fun Shoe

Where the gently caress is Big Daddy Yum Yum?

E: 338, never mind. Hope it's a big improvement on last year

E2: That's 35 places LOWER than last year. List is officially bullshit

jesus WEP fucked around with this message at Sep 4, 2015 around 13:04

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fun Shoe

ShootaBoy posted:

The mind boggles.
LU stories are garbage! They're basically *describes something objectively awesome* and furthermore,

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fun Shoe

I literally never notice Cena calling spots unless it's pointed out so what loving ever who cares

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fun Shoe

Blasmeister posted:

I don't either, apparently it's a lot more noticable if you use headphones
So it's noticed more by the shut ins watching on their PC in their parents basement....

This explains a lot about the ISEC opinions of Bog Match John

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fun Shoe

The first time I ever heard a wrestler call a spot was in 1999 when Ken Shamrock roared "SLAP ME" at Ryan Shamrock

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fun Shoe

DJExile posted:

why the gently caress is that article on Forbes of all places?
all news sites are now dumb clickbait bullshit

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fun Shoe

There's no reason outside of bone headedness that the Raw womens division shouldn't be really great and interesting.

NXT Womens division elevated itself from "haha, this is a lot better than the Raw Divas" to "holy poo poo, this is the best part of NXT" over the last six months, and this is all it took:

- Becky Lynch becomes #1 contender
- A couple of segments culminating in a contract signing/brawl. Nice video package.
- A really close match where Becky came up just short.

- Bayley becomes #1 contender
- A couple of segments culminating in a contract signing/brawl. Nice video package.
- A really close match where Bayley wins

- Sasha requests rematch. Granted. Main Event! Ironman!
- Nice video package.
- A really close match where Bayley wins

Super, super basic booking. It wasn't even given all that much time outside of Bayley's winning streak (The ironman build was literally one live segment and video packages). They just set the matches up and let the wrestlers do their thing.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fun Shoe

That was very cool because it turned the big halftime rest spot into one of the most memorable moments of the match. Imagine they'd just done a chinlock for 2 minutes instead.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fun Shoe

oldpainless posted:

Does WWE have any good writers?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fun Shoe

he has Hail

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fun Shoe

we can tell from your av

you have the skills, good man

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fun Shoe

oatgan posted:

i think it helps that corbin is working with smaller guys who can really sell instead of big useless tubs like bull dempsey and rhyno. The tag team element certainly helps because he can do his thing and then get out of the way, but I'd really like to see what he could do in a real match against someone like Neville or Chad Gable after he gets some more experience
He had a decent match against Neville back at the start of the year (it was his first loss in NXT since being repackaged) but they'd probably put on a much better show given another chance

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fun Shoe

I stand with Ramen

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fun Shoe

WeaponX posted:

1. Book a Goldberg copycat winning streak building up to a big PPV match
2. Accidentally gently caress up the taping schedule and show her lose before the PPV
3. Pretend like nothing happened and have her still lose the big PPV match by DQ
4. Book her on a long losing streak in which she changes gimmicks
5. gently caress up taping schedule again and show her wrestling in her old gimmick one week after the change
6. Stop booking her cause she left the company suddenly one day without telling anyone
7. Take credit for her success when she inevitably finds it somewhere else

Done.
Depressingly I really can't tell if this is an actual sequence of events that happened

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fun Shoe

flashy_mcflash posted:

In these trying times and in the wake of tragedy, it's important to remember those of us truly affected by prejudice. Unfairly treated simply for their beliefs.

The last sentence is 100% true but not in the way he meant it

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fun Shoe

dsriggs posted:

Seriously. I still don't think they REALLY understand why they were so popular in the 1998-2001 period, as evidenced by the fact that "Evil Authority Figure" is STILL a thing today.
Say what you like about Vince, the man knew (at the time) that the fans wanted him to show rear end almost every week, and he delivered

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fun Shoe

It gave us Cole doing the whitest dance at the announce table so it wasn't all bad

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fun Shoe

stay tuned. please god stay tuned

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fun Shoe

dsriggs posted:

Yeah. Instead of pre-taping an Empty Arena match & playing it on the show, they had everybody in the building leave, then filmed the match.
Almost every time someone posts about TNA I get the biggest Poes Law style confusion

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fun Shoe

Probably lots of people have gotten hired by WWE with talk of getting a big push to a huge match at Mania and then ~*plans change*~

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fun Shoe

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

I've had some of the best experiences & memories of my life from your product. I am forever grateful for it. I've not ashamed I've been brought to tears while watching your product because I was EMOTIONALLY INVESTED in it. Your product has been an escape for me, where during your live shows, nothing outside of those arena walls matter. If I'm going through a rough patch in my life, I know that WWE can help me to forget that, even if it is just for three hours. I don't regret a any of the money I have spent on your product (and I have spent MANY dollars), because I have always supported your product. When you enjoy or love something, you support it. I have even gone as far to have done NUMEROUS unpaid media opportunities in support of YOUR company. I can safely say I have spent five figure sums of money on your product. I have defended your company and the stigma attached to it my entire life. I'm just one singular person, meaningless in the grand eyes of your company, but I'm surely not the only one who can vouch for all these things. That's how much I want to believe in your company.

That's how much WE want to believe in your company.
Please don't doxx Foochs, he's a good guy

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fun Shoe

Optimist with doubt posted:

Vince would buy tna just to bury the tape library and pretend it never existed.
This would be a big face turn

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fun Shoe

Why did JR get taken off the WWE announce team? Too old? Too much of a rasslin guy? Too likely to talk about what's going on in the ring than spout a million sales pitches?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fun Shoe

mariooncrack posted:

Gave a drunk Flair a microphone at a video game event I think.
He wasn't fired for that until 2014 - he hadn't been a lead announcer for 4 years at that point

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fun Shoe

jesus christ that's some unfunny poo poo thrown at an unfortunate condition :/

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fun Shoe

Mob posted:

And now they're having Lillian transition to Jojo to sing, I guess Vince found out she's turning 50 next year.
He's just bitter she won't tell him where she found her elixir of youth

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fun Shoe

why on earth would Rollins need to be toned down then?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fun Shoe

I hate every promo he does but he does good stiff hoss-offs and actually made me care about multiple Sheamus matches

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fun Shoe

Teddybear posted:

People of color who would be a better champion than Roman Reigns, right now:

Big E
Kofi Kingston
Titus O'Neal
Kalisto
Apollo Crews
Hideo Itami
Sasha Banks
Asuka
The Usos, but they freebird it LayCool style
Stardust (assuming you count silver and black as colors)
Sami Zayn

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fun Shoe

Sanguinia posted:

Someone posted a while back about how WrestlingConfessions.tumblr has somehow become ShittyFantasyBooking.tumblr, and speaking as a lovely fantasy booker who posts my lovely fantasy booking all the time I have to say I agree.
Your WCW stuff isn't THAT bad

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fun Shoe

seems fair enough in a world where Paige and Nattie exist

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fun Shoe

DeepDickPizza posted:

After the discussion on Shawn Stasiak, I decided to see what he's doing nowadays and uhhhhhhhhhhh...
shawn stasiak: fake fighter, fake doctor, fake superhero

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fun Shoe

Bryan made her kick him in the head over and over to "test [his] brain out"

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fun Shoe

or posts from officialalexrileyrageragerage's account

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fun Shoe

Gonzo McFee posted:

Grado is the best, he got Americans to pay for his chubby chancer ways.
read this a bit wrong and thought you were talking about Mike Awesome

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fun Shoe

Cocksmith posted:

i don't even like wrestling
this isn't the correct wrestling opinions thread, buddy!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fun Shoe

Nice to see that even at his age, Vince can use the internet

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fun Shoe

The first one is fair in Kayfabe. Three time champion, headliner of the last two Wrestlemanias should be an earlier pick than guy who's yet to debut

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fun Shoe

gonna be real loving smug when the PSPinion shifts around to Dolph Ziggler having been Always Good again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fun Shoe

Mormon Juggernaut posted:

I like boys and girls and that wasn't offensive it was just really dumb

it'd be like getting upset at a 6 year old calling his pokemon gay for losing a battle

«4 »