Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Tharizdun posted:

Am I the only person who is able to point out that it only takes one "that one" to kill John LennonCelebrity Misfortune Punk

No, that's why immediately after that in that same post he said

Sanguinia posted:

That being said, it does only take one. Which is why Punk is being a stubborn idiot about a bodyguard. He doesn't need one forever, just for a few years until he's out of the public eye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Plus Punk has the conviction on the mic to pull it off. You could technically give it to someone like Ziggler now who can have similar grievances, but no one could sell it to both fans who are into the insider poo poo and casual fans without coming off like an annoying "no, THIS is actually a shoot, brother!" promo.

Also, Punk may have been sloppy, but the dude was amazing at storytelling in the ring and to brush it off as "well other people can probably do it" is pretty disingenuous.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

oatgan posted:

its stupid because some guy is fed the hell up with Dave Meltzer about Austin being the GOAT instead ofHogan

meltzer is 100% right about this

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Sanguinia posted:

You can enjoy the health benefits of vegetables without forcing yourself to eat disgusting vegetables.

yeah vegetables are great and brussel sprouts are goddamn disgusting

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

excuse me but i believe you're actually referring to the Taker Care of Business

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

at least he isn't sending death threats to people who work at wwe

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Onmi posted:

This is a person looking at something that has nothing wrong with it and finding fault. There is absolutely zero wrong with Balor's paint and if you think there is, quite frankly you're just like them.And given your snap rude assessment, I would assume that's correct. So calm down and act like an adult.

:laffo: amazing

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

ahaha holy poo poo

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

they could try and build someone up this year instead of needing cameos from old guys and.... ahahahaha sorry i can't finish that

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Onmi posted:

Unless the next Goldberg comes along there is no one you could build for an entire year to make a Marquee match to sell out a 100,000 seat stadium.

I mean, bringing back someone for one of the major matches is awesome. I'm totally down for Rock vs. Brock or Austin vs. Brock. But every singles match being an old guy cameo? Pretty lame,.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

remusclaw posted:

Vince has lost it. Clap clap, clap clap clap.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

it would change week to week, possibly even between segments on the same show

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

RZApublican posted:

Clearly Ben Miller is just being a Rational Actor.

If those wrestlers were really smart they would start their own promotion instead of leeching off their hard working boss who was nice enough to give them exposure.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

one's reaction to punk leaving is a good way to spot authoritarians and/or entitled babies

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

DynamiteKidd posted:

You know I'm always amazed at how wrong everything you say is, man

dude, you should edit this. you accidentally quoted I Before E instead of BUBBA GAY DUDLEY

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Well, when you're nWo, you're nWo 4 lyfe

fuh life fuh life

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

yeah he's wrong about there being no wwe champions ever

there was exactly one, and it was the rock

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

HulkaMatt posted:

some people are adamant that this doesn't count

I don't really get that, but I get the argument that he's the exception that proves the rule.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Booker T and Mark Henry technically had the WHC and not the WWE title. Though, when Booker had it Raw and Smackdown were more on equal footing, and Booker T actually main evented PPVs as the champion so that technicality doesn't matter as much.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

sticklefifer posted:

They retroactively count them as world championship reigns now, so there have been multiple black champions. Maybe not with the #1 title at the time, but the Big Gold version of the WHC was booked over the WWE title at PPVs quite a few times during the split and even switched to Raw multiple times.

this is exactly why i can agree that booker t counts while mark henry doesn't. the brand split was over when henry won the belt, and as much as wwe can try and tell me that henry, sheamus, del rio, bryan, and ziggler were major title holders when they had the whc it doesn't make it true when you have a belt that's firmly in the midcard

Big Coffin Hunter fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jul 21, 2015

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

was this before or after she exchanged money to piss on camera for the day?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

who are you to doubt The Wildcat?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

this is the thread for stupid opinions, not completely reasonable ones

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

goldust

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

DynamiteKidd posted:

Who will the NXT Kliq bury and why

themselves

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Alain Post posted:

Cena/Rollins had a far worse ending

completely disagree

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

look buddy you don't want to teach kids they can rise above systems that hold them down and move beyond their station

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

If someone was going to beat Henry Darger in word count it was going to be someone's fanfic just surprised it was smash bros and not mlp

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

sticklefifer posted:

The Authority are a different alignment entirely. Their top associates are heels because they're corporate yes-men, but they'll screw over their own stooges to make a point and they've scolded their heel underlings for cheating before. They even support Cena because he's a moneymaker, and they reinstated Brock for the same reason. If a heel or face crosses them they'll book them in a surprise match where the odds are against them. They're not heels or faces necessarily, they've been telling you the whole time that they just try to present what's "best for business". Sometimes those business decisions are unpopular, and they'll personally beat it out of someone who goes against them if they have to. So yeah, they're heels because they have that "I tell you what to do because I say so and you better listen or else" thing, but they're not evil or scheming and they pander to crowds. Their motivations are greed and business expansion. So I'd say their alignment is neutral, but selfish. Or I guess Lawful Neutral if you want.

it's so consistent and good that wrestling is hotter than it's ever been!!!

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

epitasis posted:

even if you dont like watching randy as a performer he is still fascinating as a case study for the wwe not knowing what the gently caress to do with a talented, homegrown star with a great look and who the crowd cares about. you could give them the rock at his peak right now and they'd ruin him in a month lmao

they would've kept pushing rocky maivia in spite of the fans and buried austin when he started getting positive reactions from the crowd

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Wait, Zahra is using the curb stomp on the indy circuit? Eesh.

she's one hell of a worker

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

the bryan interview is just vince sobbing, with his only question being "why couldn't you be a foot taller?"

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Jack Anderson posted:

That right there is a Santa who couldn't give less of a gently caress.

he's racing off to beat the poo poo out of scott auckerman

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Petit Gregory posted:

Spraying blood into the front row seats will sure teach those people to take the IC title seriously.

this but unironically

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

DeepDickPizza posted:

I'm gonna be real loving upset if Sonic doesn't go over.

that fucker hasn't had a good match since '94

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

I literally just saw you quote someone saying it.

hosed up if true

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

holy poo poo i need to buy some $30 jeff jarrett guitars to smash for effect

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

like i've ever thought i'd make money being in band

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Grendels Dad posted:

There was that time when Triple H lost his WM match against (I think) Brock Lesnar and he hobbled to the back clearly expecting a Thank You-chant or other tokens of sympathy from the crowd, but people wouldn't have it.

This is that.

it was summerslam 2012 and he came out again two weeks later to get the same reaction and it still didn't work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Dimebags Brain posted:

Google image search "Slayer scar" for a collage of good life decisions.

those are actually cool, though