Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I'll never understand when people complain that NXT isn't a true developmental anymore. Like would they rather watch green as grass PC trainees stumble their way through a match?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
As a fan watching at home with no financial investment in the company I could not care less how much money the NXT brand generates. As long as they put on solid matches with somewhat decent story lines that's all I care about. Besides, nothing can prepare someone for the main roster as long as it's run by a crazy old man.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

DarkstarIV posted:

On last Wednesday's NXT:

This guy goes on to rant about people doing flips in matches and the lack of big dudes getting pushes.

Also:

NXT storylines are not complex. But wrestling storylines in general should not be complex. It almost never ends well.

By the way: That guy's favorite moment from this year is Becky Lynch getting hit with End of Days, to the point of where he has it as his signature apparently. Because he thinks there should be more man on woman violence because "think of the heat it would add!!!" :v:

Wrestle Forum is a goldmine of bad opinions.

How can someone who watches WWE main roster poo poo possibly think that NXT storylines are over complicated??

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Honestly I think Shane's push and Corbin's were what stopped me from watching WWE week to week. Those 3 minute YouTube recaps are like a godsend.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Andrast posted:

Do you really need recaps for a show you don't watch?

I'm talking about the clips they post after raw and SmackDown they are like sizzle reels of all the action.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
That's so dumb I'm still struggling to think of a response to it.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

I couldn't name a single Joshi to save my life and even I'm offended by this dumbass tweet.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
The only way that argument works is if last night was that person's first time watching a WWE show.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

How do people with this mentally still exist? How??

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
This person has literally never interacted with the fanbase of any popular thing ever if they think obnoxious fans will scare viewers away.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I can't imagine how sad life must be that you don't have one or two buddies willing to shoot the poo poo with you about a shared interest for less than an hour a week.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Marty and Sarah Love Wrestling is the only wrestling podcast. Some people will tell you that they listen or even (lol) host other ones but they lyin

I used to work with Marty like ten years ago and I had no clue he had a wrestling podcast, got to check it out sometime. Guys pretty big in the local comedy scene.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

ShootaBoy posted:

Uh, if you guys are talking about that review that was linked earlier, that's not by Dave. Unless he changed his name to Arya Witner suddenly. Unrelated to that...

This person is aware it stops being Indy wrestling if it's broadcast on National television and around the world right?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Even if you're a die hard life long WWE Stan what harm does another wrestling company existing bring to your life? I don't understand these people at all.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Gumball Gumption posted:

Everytime I think I'm too mean to Rovert it turns out I'm right for hating him.

Holy poo poo, I didn't read past the first line until I saw your comment and went back. God drat that dude sucks.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Complaining about people "taking their ball and going home" will always be stupid as gently caress. These people realize you're allowed to leave a job if you're not happy right? You don't owe your employer poo poo.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

What percentage of people who complain about Japanese wrestling with the spotfest/no story thing have never watched NJPW or only watched one big show and expected to know what was going on. It's like 100% right.

Granted I am in the "only really watch the G1 and Wrestle Kingdom" camp but I don't go around complaining that half the show isn't spent telling me why anything is important because it's good enough on its own for me to not really care.

Storytelling to these people is coming out and rambling for 20 plus minutes and then having a match that's basically the same as every other match on the show.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Yes only wrestling fans would be happy for people escaping a job that crushed their hopes and dreams.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Holy poo poo WWE stans are delusional as gently caress.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Rarity posted:

Remember earlier this decade when this thread was just naive fools desparately clinging to TNA's relevancy before it just became reams of people being openly, rampantly bigoted? :sigh:

People don't hide being racist homophobic pieces of poo poo anymore, it's almost like they all became radicalized and emboldened all of the sudden.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

MJeff posted:

People's capacity to Let's See How This Plays Out with WWE always shocks me.

Has wait and see ever ever paid in the world of wrestling? For the life of me I can't think of a single WWE angle that started lovely and was worth while in the end. Also I'd bet good money that there's no real follow up to the Liv thing and she spends the next few months hitting on random women on raw.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

You gotta love that everything this person enjoys about wrestling doesn't include actual wrestling.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

TheKingslayer posted:

For sure. Bad taste is certainly a thing. Mega Powers explode is good soap opera. Rusev, Lana, and Lashley, being in a typical cuck angle is tasteless as gently caress.

Keep in mind those two had history built up, Elizabeth didn't just show up one day and start making out with Hogan. There's no story to Lana and Lashley it's just shock for the sake of shock.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Maxwell Lord posted:

I feel like with Hogan, you have to offset the number of people he drew with how many careers he ruined (or at least blunted) with politicking and how he helped run two promotions into the ground.

Also being massive racist piece of poo poo, but I'm sure most of his fans don't care about that.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

How is it possible to not know about Netflix in 2020??

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Someone help me out here, how exactly does Sasha Banks appropriate Japanese culture? Does liking anime count nowadays?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
It's amazing to me how much online gaming culture has convinced a subset of idiots that it's perfectly normal behavior to drop an N bomb or F bomb over a mild annoyance.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I don't think I've sat through a single Corbin singles match on the main roster in all the years he's been there. Why would anyone subject themselves to a boring slog of a match and terrible one note promos is beyond me.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

gently caress, where do you guys find these freaks? Why do these freaks want to gently caress Vince so bad?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
So these people legit think being tall should make you impervious to pain?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
She's had twice many title reigns as any active woman on the roster, she doesn't need anything at this point.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
drat, I missed the part of the Rumble where a group of fans pulled Charlotte from the ring and lynched her while pointing at the Mania sign.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

super macho dude posted:

Twitter should just be avoided at all costs

Seriously I don't get how people get so wrapped into it. I can't imagine what life would be like when you're constantly getting into it with random idiots all day everyday.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Thay eyepatch post is so loving stupid it pains me. Does this guy not know that people wear eyepatchesim real life when they lose an eye or get injured?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I've probably seen the least amount of Omega matches of anyone on this board and I can't believe that poo poo. Even by their own framing it doesn't make sense.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I'll never stop laughing at the people that thought ending the streak like that would open up new and better story possibilities for Asuka.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
After Rusev went from an unstoppable murder machine to the ultimate jobber I knew there was no hope for Asuka. She didn't even get a main roster title run outta the deal.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I'm baffled by the people that think she's a once in a lifetime breakout star. While I don't find her matches all that interesting I will admit she is a capable wrestler, but she lacks anything that could possibly make her a star outside of wrestling. Especially considering she's the daughter of one of the most popular wrestler of all time, but has no of the qualities that made her father a star.

JT Smiley fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Feb 8, 2020

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I can't help but laugh at using "prestige" to describe the WWE title. You know three belt that's just a giant logo and was once a spinner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Davros1 posted:

It's so sad to watch him say "Do you know who follows me?". Lots of celebs follow fans for the PR. Several famous comedians follow me, like my tweets, etc. Doesn't mean anything.

I can't imagine being a functional adult and making Twitter the only thing that matters in life. Let alone wrestling Twitter.