Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The perennial loser vs. the racist is a WWE story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's 43 years old.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Shindy is Nakamura's new nickname they'll be trying out this week.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

:stonk:

I've thought about going when WWE's come through Houston, but only because tickets were, like, max $100ish and usually in the 30-50 range and that's pretty much my sweet spot for "getting to see wrestlemen I recognize live while drinking lovely overpriced beer." dropping eight hundred and thirty-five loving dollars on one ticket to a WWE show is insane.

e: also, that doesn't go in this thread because a live audience having to watch half of the show they paid for on the TitanTron is some straight up WCW Thunder poo poo and dude is absolutely right to complain about WWE doing that

That's more than it costs to get the VIP tickets to a regular weekly show too, the ones that include a front row seat, a bunch of merch and a meet and greet.

(probably like Apollo and Alicia but sometimes it's Styles or Bryan)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SatansOnion posted:

Sure, buddy, it's Asuka who's the dum-dum, not the condescending fuckhead implying she's literally too stupid to know what's going on around her and why she's here

Hey, be nice to Nia.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I mean, she does speak English, right? I didn't imagine the times that she did that? Soooo, even outside of the argument being stupid, it's not true.

She knows English but she has a very heavy accent.

DarkstarIV posted:

Yeah, its just (very poorly) veiled discrimination/racism. I've started to notice an overlap between Alexa Bliss fans on other websites and the alt-right/white supremacists/nationalist movements. Because the one common thread that links everything I posted above is they are all Alexa Bliss superfans, and will poo poo on any other worker who isn't Bliss. Through attacks similar to the ones listed above.

She's the only white American one besides Charlotte, who probably intimidates them. The others are black, Irish, Samoan, Canadian, suddenly very Native American since she won that award, or from Staten Island.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ShootaBoy posted:

What, has TJP done something lovely or something? I don't bother looking at dirtsheets (or the cruiserweights :v:) so I only ever find out about this poo poo at random times.

He's anti net neutrality.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also he dabs.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Let he who is without fanfiction people write of him having sex with his female coworkers cast the first stone.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Eh, I'd like to watch AJ carry two roid monsters and a fry cook

"Do you smell what the Rock is cooking?" was a metaphor he doesn't actually cook.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He thinks "kliq" is the normal spelling.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Who still has a checkbook?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Maryse and Trish era he's talking about they were all orange blondes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Apollo Crews does gorilla presses and standing shooting stars, the 2 coolest moves.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Asuka's streak should be snapped at Wrestlemania, but by Carmella.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Platypus Farm posted:

To be fair, at least that way we wouldn' thave to watch nia and alexa actually wrestle.

Alexa is going to land that 2nd rope 450 and get 5 stars.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He tore his rotator cuff preparing for it, then made it worse throwing a punch on Rusev.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think he’s just taking a shot at AJ?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Of course the mad person is a (presumably) male with an Alexa Bliss avatar lol

And a banner image that seems to be Liv photoshopped with the Smackdown title.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Triple H is a starfucker who always goes after the champs.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think she actually is in merch sales? But Sasha is too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Helicity posted:

They literally say "top 10 most popular wrestlers" and don't imply anything about talent, though. If you had a chart of crowd dB annotated with show highlights and cross-referenced that with merch sales and a few other things, I wouldn't be shocked to see Alexa in the top 10. Probably why Vince keeps a belt on her.

Don't forget Axxess ticket sell out times!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Testekill posted:

Bliss fans are pretty delusional. Asuka's character work is great, she doesn't even need to talk much when she can convey everything in body language.
Meanwhile Bliss has great character work and can talk but everyone gets booked like poo poo against her and her matches aren't believable because she just dominates matches even though she's 5'4 or something like that. It was really noticeable at Survivor Series when she had the bulk of the offence despite Charlotte towering over her.

That's because she's a heel and it's not unique to her.

WWE only knows how to do face in peril matches.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It was a PPV fan sign that makes it canon.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Would you argue pro wrestlers are smart?

-er than Conor Mcgregor, yes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I do but only during the breaks.

Got 'em.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Surgeon must work late since she had a match that night.

I'm honestly really surprised it seems so many people didn't realize she already had implants.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Apr 20, 2018

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

It's because she got implants appropriate for her body size and not huge giant fake ones, which is what most people think when they think of implants. Like I'm pretty sure most people think that implants are always comically oversized because women want the biggest size possible. They don't think of women as getting them for any other reason than "giant boobs."

Thanks to internet cosmetic surgeons wanting to share their expertise there's been a whole lot of pre-WWE Alexa pictures posted lately with Paint drawn red circles on them, and back then they probably were closer to comically oversized for her. But she's probably twice as big as she was back then now with the wrestling training.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I’m verified, you don’t have to be important.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WWE performs in plenty of "bad" countries, like the US obviously. But everywhere else they're only selling themselves. This time they're also selling the country.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Not get to, have to.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

exploded mummy posted:

god of war is no Yakuza

That's true, it actually evolved.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Wait is Stephen Amell at All In? :psyduck: Or is he just getting as comprehensive of a list as possible?

He's going.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The post is from October and probably wasn't entirely up to date then.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Finally all those people who argue that Roman doesn't have the look have been silenced.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I thought he was making an infinity War joke but I guess not.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The first guy is part right, for the wrong reason.

A pretty low percentage are being re-sold, which is a scalper's dream because of how much more they can charge.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, is the NJPW show still having trouble moving tickets?

Maybe we underestimated the drawing power of Stephen Amell.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah but Omega has done plenty of them in the past, and every indie show has a Cody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also he wasn’t an employee.