Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Lifehack: if you buy a 9 character vanity plate, you can get out of traffic fines by responding to the demand letter with the objection that the listed number plate in the letter isn't yours.
Whichever form printing software they use cuts it down to 8 chars for whatever reason.

Worked for several years in my state, unfortunately I think they fixed it recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

This isn't even a SQL problem. This is a "people filling out the forms are stupid" problem. Why would you put a combinations of letters and numbers that could be a valid license plate number into the plate field for a car that has no plates. Draw one giant X or a big line through the box, problem solved.

That wouldn't solve the problem by itself because then all that happens is the transcriptionist entering the ticket into the database takes it upon herself to enter "MISSING" or "XXXXXXX" or "NO TAG" because the drat input field in the UI is compulsory. :v:

• Locked thread