Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I removed my synced gmail account (using the old method) to try out the legit method now. Seems alright!

Also, I thought they were removing facebook integration? I still have my facebook account attached / all of them appearing in people (though it also suggests I install the facebook app). And I can't figure out what this icon is to the right of "LTE" in the upper left hand corner

moron izzard fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Apr 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Do I still need a third party app to show me battery percentage on a tile, or am I missing how to show that on the battery sense one.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I hope that the new podcast app isn't a day late on all my feeds, I'll be testing this week.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Does the facebook app show notification indicators on the smallest version of the live tile?

Also, the suggestions for URLs in ie takes less than 10 seconds to update now, which is nice. I prefer the old manual cursor movement for text input boxes though (hold tap for floating cursor a little bit above your thumb)

moron izzard fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Apr 14, 2014

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Dr Tran posted:

Holy crap, they nerfed Here Drive.

On my car stereo's bluetooth, driving directions come in as if it's like a phone call rather than regular audio.

Here drive for me has almost always interrupted the music I was listening to, but 1/10 of the times I used it, it would play over other audio instead of stop it. I have no idea what causes this or how to force it to use the second behavior (I use a cable into my aux port though, not bt)

moron izzard fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Apr 15, 2014

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I can no longer outpace my battery drain anymore (or at least mitigate the drain enough for an extended trip) while using the Here Drive (and audio; a mix of local and streaming) and the nokia qi car mount; I was almost out after my 3+ hour trip. Hopefully that improves in the following updates.

moron izzard fucked around with this message at 00:13 on May 5, 2014

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Doomsday Jesus posted:

It has nothing to do with our lovely IT systems here. It gave me the option to open and view files just like plugging in a thumb drive.

Nothing would show up.

It worked after half a dozen attempts.

sometimes I have to make sure I've unlocked the phone before anything will show up. I assumed that was a security feature

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Is it possible to send a text to a group? I can reply to group messages, but I don't know how to send texts otherwise.

Drastic Actions posted:

Really, I guess the projects are on maintenance at this point.

I can't login at all, I just get an error regarding my username / password (I'm copying my password from the lastpass app)

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Drastic Actions posted:

Can't copy from WP7.5 app to WinRT. OS Level bug (It adds a bunch of junk to the string you copy). You have to do it manually.

it says its a wp8/8.1 app but ok i did that

moron izzard fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Nov 1, 2014

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Everything I saw performance wise made it sound like a sidegrade or barely an upgrade, so I don't know why you'd go to the 830 from a 920 regardless of price.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I have my lumia 920, which is starting to get a hosed up headphone jack (it thought it was plugged in for two days, so I couldnt actually use the phone for phone stuff unless I switched to speaker phone), and my fathers, which has been sitting in a box for over a year since he got a 1020. I'm trying to reset his so I can use it, but after doing the in-phone reset, i get the forever spinning gears. I've tried the nokia software updater, but it never recognizes the device. (even when occasionally prompting to soft reset it, it still goes back to the spinning gears). Am i hosed or what - the warranty has obviously expired

edit:i switch to another usb port, getting a failure to install the NOKIA BOOTMGR driver. Do I need to be doing this as admin? I'm on windows 7

moron izzard fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jan 5, 2015

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Somehow the 920 I moved to from my previous 920 is now also stuck in headphone mode. Any ideas?

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The only thing that goes in there is an aux cable to listen to podcasts in my car.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I switched over to a Bluetooth car adapter after I replaced the audio Jack/secondary MIC on my 920. Is there a way to make the audio quality on Cortana and other non music /video playback sources not sound like total poo poo? For some reason it plays that stuff like its on the other end of a tech support phone menu

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I tried that tetra lock screen -I wouldn't recommend it on an older wp8 phone like the 920. Even after uninstalling, waking the phone will take up to the seconds to wake (just have a resuming... Screen like you just unlocked and were loading the drive app)

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Paul got real angry on twitter too over lovely phone preference clickbait this week.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I somehow have denim on an ATT 920. This happened after I wiped mine 2 weeks ago because of that tetra lock screen permanently loving up my wakeup. Is this normal? Their status page says I should still be on cyan. Is there any way to check other than the page in extras + info (do i get rich capture or anything like that on the camera end)

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Darth TNT posted:

That is not the page you arrive on when you type in onedrive.com or outlook.com.

with pics: when you click on sign in on onedrive's page, it pops this up:

filling that out leads to this with the email field filled out

why does that first screen exist. why does it look like a student's first modal popup. that is insane. Just give me an actual login option on the main onedrive page, or immediately redirect me to that second screen when i click sign in. or just pop up more loving screens asking me for number 1 and 2 so that you can add them together in a third window because that's what I'm kinda expecting with what you got there currently.

edit: I actually get the correct login screen for outlook.com though.

moron izzard fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Feb 23, 2015

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I suddenly need to start having access to google hangouts in a mobile setting. Theres no way to do this on a 920, right? Not even web based?

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Does this work for existing group chats? I'm not seeing any of my current hangouts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
fantastic, more low end phones that they decided to rebrand again