Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

loquacius posted:

I choose to believe that this showed up in a bug report at some point but was resolved "Won't Fix" due to being objectively hilarious :v:
My local Taco Bell has Mexican people working there, so I'm pretty sure that means it's authentic and Cortana knows what she's talking about. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

loquacius posted:

What kind of process would it be to get an off-contract phone on AT&T's LTE network? I've never done that before, but if I could upgrade my phone to an objectively better one this cheap without burning my upgrade it's probably worth doing.
According to the comments, this phone is locked to T Mobile, so you'd need to unlock it first. :\

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Venusy posted:

I can get Cortana working on my UK Lumia 820, but she can't understand my accent very well. :v: Trips up on things that don't phase the en-uk voice commands. Which is a shame, I don't have reason to use the voice search much (since I can usually search on something else), but the reminders would be quite useful to me.

Maybe you should try speaking English the way the good Lord above intended it. (with a Texan drawl) :clint:

But seriously though, I can't imagine having to program voice recognition to understand people from Maine and Mississippi.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Factor Mystic posted:

Meanwhile people like Rudy Huyn releases 6 decent quality apps a year. It really makes the Windows Phone team's apps people (or Xbox Music apps people, I truly do not care which sub sub subdivision is responsible) useless at their jobs.

I can't believe he isn't in Redmond right now working for them with some big fat salary. It's the most obvious thing to do, so of course MS hasn't done it. :psyduck:

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Doomsday Jesus posted:

Anyone else have an issue where they're connected to WiFi but the phone is using mobile data?

I know I am.

I've had my WiFi just disable itself at random. I usually notice relatively quickly, but that's kind of troubling. I've also been getting a lot of "NO SERVICE" lately, even in locations that have had perfectly fine service in the past.