Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Comrade Fakename posted:

Is there any word on what they're doing about Peter Gregory? Recasting the part?

In one of the interviews, they said that Peter's character will just be emailing or calling the team on the phone from now on. Like Charlie, from Charlie's Angels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

king of no pants
Mar 10, 2007

i'm watchin'
you post
Oh my god that promo.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
I guess everyone is getting into twitch streaming these days

http://www.twitch.tv/middleditch

Myall
Jan 9, 2010

dreffen posted:

Got to imagine that they'll just write him out. I mean he already didn't appear in the latter half of an already short season.

It's a shame, he was one of my favourite characters.

Any news on when the new season drops?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Wisdom Suppository posted:

Any news on when the new season drops?

April 12, same night as Game of Thrones and Veep.

Buffis
Apr 29, 2006

I paid for this
Fallen Rib
Truth is stranger than fiction sometimes.
http://codeinthedark.com/ "Code in the Dark is a competition where frontend development meets smoke machines and lasers." (watch the video)

This looks like something that could just as well have been satire in this series.
The tech world is a strange place.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Wisdom Suppository posted:

His ho-hum delivery of "Thanks Florida" had me laughing throughout the rest of that episode. (his greek party)

Myall
Jan 9, 2010

Kingtheninja posted:

His ho-hum delivery of "Thanks Florida" had me laughing throughout the rest of that episode. (his greek party)

I really loved the Burger King scene and his anti-college rants.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
New trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63UNmod8zf0

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
The only part of that trailer that I didn't love was the new female character that seemed to be trying to be weird and eccentric like the guy from the first season. I hope they don't try to just replace with with a same-but-female character.

king of no pants
Mar 10, 2007

i'm watchin'
you post
Time to watch season 1 all over again and build up that hype.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm super amped for this season. Do we know how many episodes there are gonna be?

king of no pants
Mar 10, 2007

i'm watchin'
you post
Wikipedia says it was picked up for 10 episodes this time.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I hope Danny Brown is somehow worked into every episode.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

WarLocke posted:

The only part of that trailer that I didn't love was the new female character that seemed to be trying to be weird and eccentric like the guy from the first season. I hope they don't try to just replace with with a same-but-female character.

Eh, she had like two lines in the trailer. It's hard to nail down what her personality will be from just that.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

bull3964 posted:

Eh, she had like two lines in the trailer. It's hard to nail down what her personality will be from just that.

Fair enough. And everything else was awesome. I am kinda hype.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

WarLocke posted:

Nah, I am ok with her. Welch was awesome, but that doesn't mean that they have to retire the position of Eccentric Millionaire in his honor.

What I want to know more is whether them firing a pneumatic cannon into a car has some good plot reason, or they decided to go through the "things nerds with a lot of cash will do" list because it might be funny.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Also, will this season, like season 1, also be a huge buildup to the greatest dick joke on TV?

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
I hope there is at least a call back to that joke. Perhaps somebody perfected the algorithm and is trying to market an app for it.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I hope HBO Now (or whatever it's called) is ready before this season.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Pope Guilty posted:

Also, will this season, like season 1, also be a huge buildup to the greatest dick joke on TV?
On TV?

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

PaganGoatPants posted:

I hope HBO Now (or whatever it's called) is ready before this season.

HBO Now is scheduled to launch April 12th, in time for the Game of Thrones premier. As both shows premier the same day, you should be good to go.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

https://twitter.com/kumailn/status/586678680576925696

LOL

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I was wondering what Patton Oswalt was making fun of them about this time.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Salon's Oblivious Chronic Buffoonery Problem

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
Fuckin lol. They couldn't have been more insulting if they tried

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice
Is it me or does the "corrected" article now not make any sense?

quote:

The startup team lives together in their incubator—better known as Erlich’s house—and are tangled into each other’s lives in a faux-bromantic way that recalls “The Big Bang Theory” more than Judge’s previous cult hit, “Office Space.” (More vulgarity and more speaking to women, but the same intense intimacy with another male character—Martin Starr’s Gilfoyle, in this case.)

Vivek
Jun 27, 2007

Propaniac posted:

OH my god, they couldn't have hosed up harder.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Propaniac posted:

To they just hand out topics to high school kids?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Kumail Nanjiani, best known for his hit film, The Last Airbender...

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
Episode was pretty great. They handled the death extremely well, and the pictures of Peter had me loving losing it they were all great.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Veskit posted:

Episode was pretty great. They handled the death extremely well, and the pictures of Peter had me loving losing it they were all great.

Wait is this back?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smg77
Apr 27, 2007
There is another thread for season two.

• Locked thread