Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I would say one but then at the end of a level he splits into 3 and then does a little dance. Are there 3 kirbys? is kirby just moving really fast so it looks like he's three? not to mention newer kirby games I guess where there's multiple kirbies in different colors. or that one where you have like a swarm of kirbys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

statistically, one in three of those kirbys does not have proper healthcare and is at risk of bankrupcy

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

videogame Kirby
jack Kirby
vacuum cleaner kirby

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
kirby is a major demideity of the mario universe, while that wiskytango plumber is dealing with minor territorial squabbles kirby is often duking it out with galaxy-eating viruses so yeah splitting into a multiform is a pretty trivial trick

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
There's a few kirbys. There was one where there was a yellow, green, and red kirby, in addition to normal pink kirby, and he could call them on his cell phone and they would come ot hang out and eat and gently caress with the waddle doos, whatever it is kirby does.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

meta knight's a kirby

actually, the kirby anime reveals that kirby's race is called the star warriors

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Endorph posted:

meta knight's a kirby

how many episodes in are you that you know that

Dec 26, 2012

Endorph posted:

actually, the kirby anime reveals that

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
They are all angry Kirby.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Endorph posted:

the kirby anime

its kirbys all the way down

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_rgZL-2kwo

Xlyfindel
Dec 16, 2003
Raw Esoteric
There is only one true kirby, the rest are imposters and wannabes. When he splits it is kind of like asexual reproduction or cloning in that they are new kirbys but still the same kirby. The collective Kirby-consciousness inhabits them all. I for one welcome our new star warrior overloards...

Also, this got me thinking of shipping kirby and hypnotoad

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
There can be only one

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

kirby is a hostile user interface for a colony of parallel nanotechnological self-replicating von Neumann "grey goo" infoticles

however it is so retarded that it does not realise it could devour entire universes and is fascinated by tomatoes and jumping

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

the gently caress did that tree ever do to him anyway

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Dongslayer. posted:

he doesn't even kill or destroy it he just makes it cry over and over

cold blooded

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Dongslayer. posted:

it blew its nasty-rear end halitosis in his face

can't do that to a dude and not expect to get smacked in the eye exactly six times

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Endorph posted:

meta knight's a kirby

The Kirby anime is a different continuity then the games.

Also in the anime Kirby was a monster made by Nightmare who ended up with a heart. Star Warriors were just people who fought Nightmare.

Xlyfindel
Dec 16, 2003
Raw Esoteric

Dr Pepper posted:

Also in the anime Kirby was a monster made by Nightmare who ended up with a heart. Star Warriors were just people who fought Nightmare.

w-what? My sweet Kirby's a m-m-m-monster?

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

HOW DAARE YOU!?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

there are four kirbies, op

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Pinterest Mom posted:

pretty sure i see a mini kirby by the bottom of the screen, so that makes 5, if you count them

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Stoat posted:

statistically, one in three of those kirbys does not have proper healthcare and is at risk of bankrupcy

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

What the gently caress is this poo poo. Mods?

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

the best kirby games are the ones where your friend can pick up the 2p controller and play along

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

Stoat posted:

One in ten kirbys is homosexual

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I bet kirby gives great head

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Kirby gives head like a hungry fat chick LOL!

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Are you kidding he sucks in entire creatures off of the ground from feet in front of him, that poo poo would rip your dick off.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Silver Alicorn posted:

the best kirby games are the ones where your friend can pick up the 2p controller and play along
kirby superstar is the best kirby

yoyo kirby is my poo poo

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Silver Alicorn posted:

super star was great for this because 2p is an immortal battle slave for 1p

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

The best Kirby is the one that is holding something in its mouth because that Kirby has to deal with the soul crushing reality of gravity and normalcy with a bias toward the obese.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

in Kirby mass attack, I think you control like up to 10 Kirbies. So at least ten.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
hmmmmm how many Dr. Manhattens are there?

still just one fucktards kirby is a being with godlike powers what is so hard about this

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Dr Pepper posted:

Wait what does this make Meta-Knight aside from being my name is Inigo Montoya, prepare to die.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

kirby's into some weird stuff

Stumiester
Dec 3, 2004

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."
The three Kirbys are a Trinity (Lat., trinitas from the Lat. triad, "three"), which defines Kirby as three consubstantial persons, expressions, or hypostases: the Father, the Son, and the Kirby Spirit; "one Kirby in three Kirbys". The three kirbys are distinct, yet are one "substance, essence or nature". In this context, a "nature" is what one is, while a "person" is who one is.

Soral
May 30, 2009

what would happen if all the kirbys there are sucked up two powers at once like in the nintendo 64 game. what then.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Soral posted:

what would happen if all the kirbys there are sucked up two powers at once like in the nintendo 64 game. what then.

they get stuck, and create the pokemon universe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xlyfindel
Dec 16, 2003
Raw Esoteric
Kirby is on an endless journey to re-ingest alllll of the imposter Kirby's that continue to clone themselves and use Kirby's powers for evil and not good. HE can clone himself as well, but as has been proven over the centuries, all clone kirby's become corrupted eventually and Kirby Prime is the only kirby strong enough to stop them.

As an aside, you may want to check out King of Fighters for his cameo in that game as K'

• Locked thread