Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panboy
May 20, 2010

Le'me tell ya'll about them Apples.
Trading is actually bugged and when you sell your stuff via prompt you still have it and can sell it again at the next store, but its still not worth it as you could have something useful in that slot like a Zolton shield or ammo generator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Chopping trees down and making elves cry.
And there I am in Engines, plugging away and giving you a full 10% of that dodge... No respect I tell ya.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Oh my gods that was glorious.

Whatever ship we take next needs SHIELDS.

I say we take the Crystal B next.

The Shiny Thing shall fly!

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat
I don't know if I cursed the ship with the name, but The Sitting Duck sure did a fine job living up to it.

I'm sorry crew for failing you, but it was a beautiful ending.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I knew I shouldn't have tested my luck after surviving being turned into a plum at the Wonka Planet.
Why did I go back into space?

Gregen
Jun 12, 2010

ProfessorBooty posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKLJHVyAj-8

The Sitting Duck. Starring logger, in the Stealth B.

Hahah, perfect! Exactly what happens to most crews I captain.

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde
Captain's Edition sounds like a lot more complication and randomness for not much more game.

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark

J.theYellow posted:

Captain's Edition sounds like a lot more complication and randomness for not much more game.

The whole game is kind of randomness, though :v:. I think Kidneyman and I decided that the mod is generally good, but the trading mechanic is pretty poorly implemented and we enjoyed things more when we ignored it. Changing the fundamental ways the weapons work is a good thing - to a point. I like the changes made to bombs, for example. It makes me more likely to want to use them. Things like crew-killing lasers shouldn't be available to the AI. I found those sorts of enemies way too easy. There are a whole bunch of weapon the AI used that made me sort of think 'Nope, never going to want that'. There are some sector layouts that are kind of a blast though and the mod is worth trying just for that. If I were to play again I'd probably play more vanilla hard in spite of everything said, then I'd likely do more Captain's Edition. Until then I'm shelving this game a while.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Thanks for the run nonetheless, see you again when fancy strikes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Well, thanks for the attempted run through Captain's Edition. Even if you don't come back to it, the hard mode campaign was definitely worth the price of admission.

• Locked thread