Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Ace of Diamond is still going on and is going to continue until March 2015.

I don't think they've announced more Haikyu yet but I'm sure a second season is inevitable since it did fairly well. Though since the manga only started in 2012 it's probably best if they take their time before making more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Ahh, I thought Ace of Dimaond was done, but it looks like they just took a week off.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I am sure nobody is surprised to hear this, but they have finally announced that Haikyu is getting another season.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Srice posted:

I am sure nobody is surprised to hear this, but they have finally announced that Haikyu is getting another season.

:toot:
Now I can finally watch the last couple episodes I was saving because I wasn't ready for it to be over.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It was always a question of when instead of if, but it we don't know the date yet. :(

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Episode 16

Ei's strategy here is pretty legit. As a short, scrawny, weakling like him, the best way to counter a power-player is to hit the most awkward shots possible. It's really hard to hit a low slice with a lot of power because not only is the ball well below the net it's also spinning backward which means that, unlike with top spin, the ball won't inherently bounce at an upward angle off the racket.

That volley is no joke. Even if you guess the direction, it's still a hell of a stretch to get it when it's that wide even with explosive movement.

Not really... well, it depends on the player. Araya is characterized as being fiery and impatient, so there's a good chance this strategy will work against him. But if Araya could control his patience and stay focused, he would have no trouble punishing Ei for those lobs. Also, you might tire yourself out with that frantic defense faster than Araya's hard hitting will tire him out.

Seriously, Ei is superhuman if he can keep track of stuff like this while fighting that hard for each point.

NOTE: Just putting this here temporarily, since I'm not sure if I should make a new thread or not.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Mar 31, 2015

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
I say make a new thread. There is only going to be Baby Steps and Ace of the Diamond (and some girls tennis thing) this season, so it would probably be better to start over.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Strong Mouse posted:

I say make a new thread. There is only going to be Baby Steps and Ace of the Diamond (and some girls tennis thing) this season, so it would probably be better to start over.

Teekyu doesn't count as sports anime, and they gave up all pretense after the first season.

Still, I guess we could make a combo thread for Baby Steps and Ace of the Diamond. I don't know anything about the second one except that it's a baseball thing though.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Make individual threads and if people are interested, they will :justpost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Made a thread for Baby Steps: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3710164

Since I only watched up to episode 15 of the first season, I'll be (probably) doing info posts on the rest of the episodes.

• Locked thread