Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

MentholsNBeer posted:

Love those old games that didn't hold your hand.

This is probably why I liked Digimon World 2 better. I'd be curious to hear how K&K feel about DW2, though.

MentholsNBeer posted:

Monster Rancher

Dammit, now I want to see them play Monster Rancher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

19LettersLong posted:

I definitely want to try it someday, but I'm fully expecting to hate it for not just being 'Digimon World 1 but less hosed.'

Digimon World 2 isn't at all like the first game. It's somewhat closer to a standard RPG, but there's more than enough unique elements that it manages to be its own thing, which is more than can be said for loving Digimon World 3.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

We never got the second one in Europe. So your choice was between Obtuse Mechanics: The Video Game or the biggest grind this side of a Korean MMO.

My biggest problem with Digimon World 3, really, is that it looks like this:

despite being released in 2002. The actual combat's in 3D, but it's just so loving cheap. Argh.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

ApplesandOranges posted:

Personally DW2 had some of the most memorable music. Plus them going the extra mile and adding voiced bits for every attack was kinda nice.

That was easily the best thing about that game.

PEPPI BREA-THU!

:vd:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

AriadneThread posted:

Oh hey, this is back cool.
Now maybe, if we wish hard enough, the 3DS Digimon World will get localized.

Bandai-Namco's showing interest, apparently. They just recently opened a Digimon section on their NA forums after seeing how much support people have put behind a petition to get it localized.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Similarly, I have no interest in Monster Rancher monsters that weren't in the cartoon. The game keeps acting like they're the best thing ever, and they're just not.

Having new monsters in games about seeing and interacting with monsters is a good thing, though. That's like 80% of what makes any new iteration of a monster game exciting.

Also, you're implying that Antlan isn't the best thing ever, which is blatantly false:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Somethingdumb posted:

OH MAN HE LOOKS LIKE A BEETLEBORG!

Antlan's almost explicitly based on sentai heroes and such. The game even says it loves justice or something along those lines.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

McDragon posted:

And a sword on his helmet and swords for arms and swords on his feet too. I expect if you cut him, swords probably come out.

If you cut me, do I not blade?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Sartorius posted:

From what I remember, you put a CD in, and the game takes some kind of data off the disk, and does some calculations or something to give you a monster based off the data. None of them were unique though, it was always like "Oh I got a red version of this sorta rare monster" or something

You're talking about Monster Rancher as if it wasn't bitchin' and I cannot abide by that. :colbert:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

MR. J posted:

You guys have a goddamn Rappy following you around.

No, it's a goddamn Overlord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Somethingdumb posted:

Kyle, what do you think of all the people saying not to get Whamon? Should we not get Whamon? (the only reason they sighted was because it makes a weird noise)

I can't speak for Kyle, but I vote no Whamon. :c00lbert:

• Locked thread