Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Temple of Mystra, Lower Temple - Day

Clearly eager to break something else, Barkley readies his weapon once again and spins it in a tight circle before bringing it down brutally on the giant image covering the wall. This symbol seems to be made of much sterner stuff than the doors though, as even with his mighty blow he doesn't even crack it, the glaive rebounding off of it with a loud 'clang!' As Dina had suggested this, she is standing right there to witness his futile attempt.

Dina: It's an illusion. His weapon went right through, and you can dimly see a room beyond.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
Barkley
He looks on in horror, "That... has literally never happened to me before." He inspects the pointy part of his glaive in order to make sure it is, in fact, pointy. When convinced of this fact he begins to rear back, clearly intending to try again.

Waador fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Nov 14, 2014

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

Marcon bel Tern

"Ah, before you apply vigor once more, Mister Barkley, perhaps we might consider an alternative? Is it possible that the seal will open if shadow were judiciously applied?"

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
Barkley
He blinks, and doesn't quite sheathe his weapon, but does let it rest against the wall as he leans upon it. "Hmm. By quenching the daylight in our hearts?" He pauses for a moment, closing his eyes and beginning to meditate. "Okay, let me try. I will the daylight away. I will the daylight away. I will the daylight away."

Waador fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Nov 15, 2014

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Annoyed at the failure of his primary tactic, Barkley takes a moment to listen to Marcon and leans against the symbol while doing so. This looks extremely strange to Marcon and, while it takes a moment, he realizes why. The skulk is leaning against thin air, as the 'symbol' isn't actually real. Rather, a rooms seems faintly visible through a circular archway.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Anciano

Climbing from the pool, deciding that, given his recent injuries, it would be best not to attempt further exploration unless absolutely necessary, Anciano rejoins the group. "I've seen worse water in the past. I used to live in the Underdark, my particular path of egress briefly led through Kuo-Toa territory. That said, I look forward to returning to the inn and enjoying a long bath." While Barkley busies himself with whatever it is he's trying to do, Anciano investigates the holy symbol and surrounding wall for any sort of trigger for a hidden passage.

(That's 27 on the Search check, since it's a hidden door I'm seeking.)

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

Marcon bel Tern

"Mister Barkley, you're a genius, I've got it figured out now. If everyone will just close your eyes and take hold of my shoulders in two lines, I'll have us through in an instant. It's just quite a powerful illusion."

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Dina

Dina smirks as she walks past Marcon and through the illusion.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

While Marcon tells Barkley to close his eyes and begins spinning him in circles, Dina steps through the archway. Even including the symbol of Shar in the previous hallway that concealed this place, it still comes as a radical shift from the earlier areas. Even besides the sights, the daylight spell surrounding her wanes in power - not negated completely, but clearly radically reduced in coverage. Before her black pillars frame a curtain of gloom, one which obscures her view of the far side of the room from her current location. Still, vaguely visible through it is a heaped pile of humanoid skeletons. The pile partly covers an obsidian altar located along the far wall of the chamber. A single door is visible to the south.

As she takes this in, Marcon steps through, pushing a blind, dizzy Barkley ahead of him. Anciano, still looking for secret doors, is amazed by the feat of them all stepping through what is clearly a solid object, the assurances that it's actually an illusion obviously false. He can easily feel the solidity of it with his own hands, after all.

So yeah, that was a flunked Will save on Anciano's part. Since this isn't a time critical segment, feel free to describe how you end up getting past it(whether just have Marcon or Dina help you like they did Barkley, or something else) in your next post, rather than continually rolling, if you want. This goes for Ivan and Xerxes as well. Haven't rolled for you yet, given your locations, but feel free to see if you realize it's an illusion or not if you want before doing the same. DC 19(and you get the +4 for being informed it is an illusion)

The daylight spells, and any other light sources you might be carrying, currently have their radii halved.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Nov 18, 2014

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
Barkley
Opening his eyes to find himself in a room with no apparent exit, he finds himself rather worried by the presence of a large number of humanoid skeletons. Readying his glaive, he comments, "Isn't that normally a sign of, say, man-eating oozes? Or man-eating wraiths? Or man-eating cubes?" His eyes dart about the room suspiciously.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Anciano

Puzzled momentarily by his companions walking through what seemed a solid wall, Anciano recalled what he had once been told while working as an investigator in Waterdeep. "Rule out the impossible, and whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." Walking through a solid wall was impossible without a spell, and no spells had been cast, so clearly his appraisal of the wall was mistaken. But, it seemed as though his senses had been fully ensnared in the illusion, which would make him unable to pass through normally. However, when passing through Kara-Tur, not long after leaving the Underdark, Anciano heard of monks living high in the mountains of that land. They sought enlightenment through the practiced emptying of their minds. By purging all thought, they became closer to being one with creation. Perhaps if he were to clear his mind for a few seconds, Anciano might be able to pass through the illusion, as his perceptions would be ignored. He faced the wall, closed his eyes, and walked forward, pushing all thought from his mind. He imagined the stillness of the massive caverns of the Underdark, huge stretches devoid of life or motion of any kind, and focused on that perfect calm.

When he opened his eyes, he was standing next to the others, past the false wall. He wasn't sure if he'd be able to achieve such a mental state again, but he was glad it worked this time. He looked around the room, trying to discern what the cult may have been trying to accomplish, and why the Daylight spell seemed to wane within it.

(Passing through the illusion with the power of multiculturalism! Also, a Knowledge: Religion or Arcana check: 29 to figure out what's up with this room.)

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Having managed to shut off all his senses, if only momentarily, Anciano successfully passes through the wall, before beginning to examine the structure before him. Drawing upon memories of an old tome he'd come across somewhere, he truly couldn't remember where, he realized it bore similarities to a permanent planar gate. This one seems slightly off though. Its construction seems slightly different from what he recalls from memory, but more importantly it doesn't seem to be working correctly. Whoever built this clearly intended it to perform planar travel, and it clearly still somewhat connects to another plane, but some sort of mistake or flaw seems to be warping its proper function. After some further examination and recollection, he's able to figure out that passing through it is dangerous even when fully functional, as those travelling through it might absorb some portion of the other plane's nature, or they might never come out at all. Whether it still is or not in its current state he's not sure, as he's not entirely sure what it does given the errors made during its construction.

As for what plane it connects to... judging by several symbols on the pillars, as well as the adverse effect it's having on light in the surrounding area, it clearly connects to the Plane of Shadow.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Nov 18, 2014

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Anciano

Piecing together the facts about the planar gate explained quite a lot about the goings-on in this temple. He related his findings to the group, and then announced his more surprising conclusion. "It appears that those guards who bear the aspect of shadow that we have been facing were not altered deliberately, at least, not at first, I would think. One possible effect of passing through this gate, were it active, is the absorption of some of the destination's aspect. That being the case, allow me to posit that the guards were, in fact, test subjects."

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

Marcon bel Tern

"Let us by all means avoid passing through it then." The artificer raises his voice. "Xerxes, Ivan, are you coming along? I think it likely we have not yet encountered the last guardian of this sanctuary, and we'll fare best together if I am right."

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Xerxes of the Breath

Xerxes flies along behind the others, and watches them walk through a wall. They said something about it being a fake wall, but he can't see it. Eventually he lands on someone's shoulder before they walk through the wall, closing his eyes in the process.

Once he is fairly sure they are on the other side he opens his eyes and then lifts off to inspect where they found themselves.

Will Save 1d20+6+4 18

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
Barkley
"We should probably search this room for traps, or hidden foes. What with the pile of bones and all that." He also adds, belatedly, "Also, the altar upstairs contained some kind of valuable trinket, didn't it? Do you think the basement would be the same way?"

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

Marcon bel Tern

Marcon shrugs in answer to Barkley and begins poking around the side of the room furthest from the unopened door.

(2:52:07 AM) Bouquet: !r d20+7
(2:52:08 AM) Krysmbot: Bouquet, 11+7 = 18
Working my +7 Search mojo on the side of the room closest to the top of the map image

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
Barkley
He sighs, "Oh, don't worry about it, I'll just spend the night searching every square inch once our ...not ...genocide ...is complete." He then opens up the door in the southern part of the room, sidling into the next area without the oppressive corona of daylight to cramp his style.
pre:
Heading through the unopened door.
+35 Hide / +28 Move Silently

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

With the number of skeletons covering the altar, Marcon finds even getting to it to begin searching for anything to be hard going. With no one else currently helping him, his search is currently fruitless.

Meanwhile, while most of the rest of the party stands around mulling their options, Barkley decides to be bold and investigates the other door. Finding a hallway leading south, he begins pacing quietly along it. It's a very long hallway, but it eventually turns to the left and in front of him is another door similar to all the other ones in this dungeon

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Anciano

"Assuming I've kept my bearings intact as we've explored, beyond that door is the location that the channel beneath that pool of water leads to. I suggest caution, as it's likely a room of some importance." Anciano had followed Barkley down the hallway, deciding he'd found everything in the previous room necessary to the group's safe passage towards the final bastions of resistance in the temple. They didn't need to find every piece of evidence, it's clear that their employer and the authorities would find the rest and, should the group's services be retained further, they would be informed of anything relevant to their continued investigations.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Xerxes of the Breath

Xerxes flies along behind Barkely and Anciano, keeping an eye out for anything that might be unseen to the others. "Should we open it and enter then? Perhaps checking to make sure it isn't trapped first."

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
Barkley
He sighs yet again. A few people had followed his stealthy approach, which was fine. But here they were, huddled up against a doorway leading into a potentially dangerous location, having a conversation like it was some kind of spa vacation. With all element of surprise thrown to the wind, and his body once again bathed in inefficient, anti-stealth, foolish, hateful, partisan, dangerous daylight, he decides to just roll with it.

In so doing, he collapses the door into splinters with a thunderous mountain hammer strike, screaming "RAMPAAAAAAAAGE!" at the top of his lungs. Whoever was beyond that door was about to have a bad day.

Waador fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Dec 17, 2014

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Anciano

Anciano, who had been speaking softly the entire time, raised an eyebrow at Barkley. He shrugs towards Xerxes, "I suppose he didn't feel like taking the quiet approach." He lets Barkley's outburst work as a distraction as he personally blends in with the darkened hallway.

(29 to Hide.)

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011
Ivan

Ivan stands ready for any foes Barkley may of just alerted.

Whoops, thought this was dead. No time for an effort post though atm.

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

Marcon bel Tern

Marcon winces at Barkley's charge through the door, but stands behind the others, his bow's spike driven into the floor enough to gain purchase.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

As the others contemplate what to do regarding the room behind this door, Barkley seems to take exception to their hesitance and instead simply blows it asunder with a shout. In the stunned silence that follows, he steps forward through its shattered remains and looks around. He finds himself in a dim, cold chamber filled with the sound of rushing water, its source immediately obvious. A water channel flows from the north wall, bordered by a stone walkway to either side, and then south through a low-ceilinged cave. A stone bridge crosses the flowing water, and is the only well lit part of the room. Both the east and west sides of the chamber are lined with rusty, iron-barred cells, but only one of them seems to have an occupant at the moment. A human female is sleeping in one of the cells across the water from you, and does not seem to have reacted to your loud entrance. The entire chamber seems to smell slightly of sewage.

The stunned silence is broken a moment later as you hear some scrambling sounds and someone steps out of the area to the south, wearing leather armor and holding a longspear casually. Looking over his strange, dusky-skinned intruder, he wryly grins. "I'd ask who ya are and what ya want, but ya to have made your intentions pretty clear. I don' know how ya got here, but I'm thinkin' ya should turn right back around." With that said, he proceeds to settle into a defensive posture.

pre:
Initiative:
Barkley   17  <--------
Anciano   15
Xerxes    13
Mhair     11
Marcon    10
Ivan      10

He's not actively attacking you, but he certainly seems ready for hostilities.

Barkley, Anciano, & Xerxes are up.

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
Barkley
He quips, "Somehow I doubt you're paid to think."

He suspects there will be somewhere around half a dozen well-hidden guardsmen within the room, which prevents him from rushing the man carelessly. Instead, he tumbles through the air, avoiding the reach of where he imagines intelligent foes would position themselves for an ambush.
pre:
Power attack:  -5 / +10
Move: SE > S > S [Tumble 25]
Standard: Attack (guisarme)
           - Hit  16
           - Damage 23 slashing
Swift: Recover all expended maneuvers.

Maneuvers:     Iron Heart Surge / Moment of Perfect Mind / Emerald Razor / Mountain Hammer
Active stance: Leaping dragon
pre:
Combat reference:
HP:            50 / 68
AC (base):     20 (+1 enhancement)    Fortitude:     + 8
AC (touch):    14                     Reflex:        +10
AC (flat):     16 (+1 enhancement)    Will:          - 1                        
Speed:         40' (base)             Initiative:    + 4 (base) / + 9 (with Dina)

Constant effects:
(Ex) • Uncanny dodge (Always retain dexterity bonus.)
(Su) • Innate nondetection (Any divination must defeat a DC 20 caster level check.)
(Ex) • Peerless camouflage (Move at full speed or run while hiding with no penalty.)
(Ex) • Trackless path (+10 DC vs. any attempt to be tracked.)
(Ex) • Hide in plain sight (except in daylight)
(Ex) • Resistance to cold 10
(Ex) • Darkvision 60'
(Ex) • Superior low-light vision
(Ex) • +4 vs. sleep effects and paralysis
(Ex) • Battle ardor (+3 to confirm critical hits)

Temporary effects:
(Sp) • Endure exposure (24 hours)
       - Gain endure elements (as the spell).
       - Gain immunity to the breath weapons of Xerxes.
(Sp) • Magic vestment (5 hours)
       - Armor gains a +1 enhancement bonus.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Xerxes of the Breath

Xerxes enters the rooms, flying such to avoid the alcoves that may contain hidden enemies, and then unleashes a breath of slowing gas upon the man that moved to block their way, and any hidden enemies that may be nearby.

Fly to the T33
Use Slow Breath vs defensive guy down south. Slows for 2 rounds, 1 round on a Fort 17 save.

pre:
Xerxes
HP 31/65 
AC 19; Touch 15; FF 17
Saves 11/7/6
Speed: Fly 60' (Good)
Telepathy 60'
Immunity to sleep and paralysis
Blindsense 60 ft., darkvision 60 ft.
Low-light vision
Spell resistance 19, 
Breath Weapon DC:  17
Effect:  Endure Elements (this has also been placed on all other PCs)

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

:siren:Xerxes heals 22 damage, Barkley heals 7. 5 more charges expended from that CLW wand, as I don't think you'd typically wander off at half health into a possible fight if you didn't have to. Feel free to correct me :):siren:

Barkley darts forward in a roll, only to find the point of Mhair's spear waiting for him, scraping along Barkley's side. Barkley's return blow is deftly turned to the side with the spear shaft before Xerxes flits out behind them and breathes his lethargic breath all over the combat, the skulk clearly unaffected while Mhair grimaces as he feels his muscles slow down. In fact, so much so that as he stabs again, the blow seems to be pushing through molasses and is easily dodged by Barkley.

Xerxes doesn't have long to be pleased with himself though, as three tentacles burst from the water beside him! One has three yellow eyes on it that stare hungrily at the little dragon, before a toothed mouth opens below them, and both it and the two tentacles lunging for him! He manages to dodge the first tentacle, before the toothy maw chews on him a bit. That's just an irritation though, compared to the second tentacle landing on target with a powerful slam, before wrapping around the tiny Xerxes. Even besides the painful sense of the tentacle wrapping around him, his poor senses are assaulted by the scent of offal that seems to waft heavily from the creature.

Mhair hits Barkley for 11 damage with his prepared action. Both other blows in that scuffle miss. Meanwhile, Xerxes gets hit twice for 15(7 from the bite, 8 from the tentacle, if it matters), and has to make a grapple check. I can roll this for you, if you want, but it's totally up to you.

Incidentally, as the creature is in the water, it does have Improved Cover from attacks from the shore. Now, if you want to get in the water with it, it'll lose that bonus... Also, you can tell the tentacles have 15' reach, while the mouth merely has 10'.

pre:
Initiative:
Barkley   17
Anciano   15
Xerxes    13
Mhair     11
Monster   11
Marcon    10  <--------
Ivan      10

Knowledge(Dungeoneering) to know what the monster is.
It's an Otyugh with the Amphibious template.

Marcon & Ivan are up.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Jan 14, 2015

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

Marcon bel Tern

Marcon cautiously makes his way into the room, nervously trying to remain out of the reach of whatever nastiness has taken hold of Xerxes. Something about this whole scene seems off to the artificer.

"Surrender and make some proof that you do not worship Shar and you won't be harmed!" he calls to the spearman. "And call off that creature, whatever it is!"

-Move action: To AF/12
-Free action: Speechify (I've got Diplomacy +2 untrained, if it comes to that.)
-Standard action: Ready Bonebow attack on Mhair if he takes any aggressive action

pre:
HP: 28/29  AC:19 (T:13, FF:16) F: +4  R: +6  W: +6
Initiative: +3  BAB: +3  AoO: +6 to hit, 1d6+2 dmg, 20/x2 crit
Misc:
+2 AC vs. ranged
Resistance item for 20 minutes (bonus applied above)

Spells: 1st 0/5, 2nd 2/4, 3rd 0/1    Healing Belt: 1/3
Bonebow: +8 to hit, 1d10+4 dmg, 20/x3 crit, 140' range, +1 to hit/dmg within 30'

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011
Ivan
Yelling in anger, Ivan charges forward into the water. The beast in there would harry and bleed them dry if not attended to. He dodges as best as he can and closes in to the beast, before attacking.
Charging forward and attacking. Activating Rage as well.
Attack: 2#1d20+10 28 19
Damage: 2#1d6+6 9 9
Forgot to add +2 to attack for charge.

pre:
Ivan Oglaf     Chaotic Good
HP 32/56
AC: 14 Touch: 11 FF: 15
Fort: +9 Will: +4 Reflex: +4
BAB: +4 MAB: +7 RAB: +5

+8/+8 claw (1d6+4,) +3 bite (1d8+2), +3/+3/+3 tentacle (1d4+2)
+10/+10 claw (1d6+6), +5 bite (1d8+4), +5/+5/+5 tentacle (1d4+4) w/ rage

+2 vs. charm, sleep
Immune to stunning, criticals

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Tuning out the background screams and noises coming from the fight between the Otyugh and several members of the party, as well as two more guards fading into existence across the bridge, Mhair pauses in his attempts to skewer Barkley as he hears Marcon's words. "Huh, so that's who they worshiped. They weren't telling, and I wasn't asking. Well, if you've killed them, suppose I won't be getting paid anymore, and I'm not about to stick around like those idiots. And sorry, but that monster's your problem. I've got no control over it, it's just been well trained." Smirking he begins to walk of a requested but, as Barkley continues to aggressively follow him, Mhair irritably eyes him before just jumping into the water and swimming south to the wall. There, he dips underwater and is gone.

With the primary threat gone, and Barkley annoyed at being denied his prey, it doesn't take too long to wrap up the other threats, though the Otyugh's position makes it a hassle to deal with. Still, they all come out of it only slightly worse for the wear, if significantly more smelly. Looking around, they notice no additional exits from this room, though looking closely at the wall Mhair disappeared under, it looks suspiciously like a wooden gate - and that rope next to it probably raises it. So, with two more guards slain, and woman now sitting up in the cell looking in your direction blankly, you find yourselves with some answers, but many more questions. Though topping that list is the obvious - what were the Sharrans doing here?

In an attempt to both get this rolling again, as well as see who's interested in continuing, I'm fast-forwarding this combat. As the last room and (planned) combat in this temple, you've got about an hour of in-game time before things happen. As such, I'd like a post from all those interested in continuing, preferably containing what you're doing during this time. Obviously with only an hour you don't have time to take 20 on every single square in every single bypassed room, but it does give you plenty of time to casually search everything, if you so wish, as well as figure out what to do with the woman in the cell. Feel free to post any questions either here or on IRC.

Full map provided for convenience, as it's been a long time and there are no hidden rooms.

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

Marcon bel Tern

With the room made safe, Marcon's immediate concern is the prisoner. The artificer's training and skills tend more towards the mechanical than the medical, but she doesn't look healthy to him.

"Are you alright, miss?" he asks gently as he approaches. "I'll get you of out there shortly," he reassures, inspecting the cell door's latching mechanism.

Got a 10 on my Sense Motive

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Xerxes of the Breath

Xerxes slowly investigates the room, flying from one area to another looking over anything that catches his eye, in particular he inspects the wooden gate. If that is what it is. He tries to find the mechanism by which it can be raised.

pre:
Xerxes
HP 51/65 
AC 19; Touch 15; FF 17
Saves 11/7/6
Speed: Fly 60' (Good)
Telepathy 60'
Immunity to sleep and paralysis
Blindsense 60 ft., darkvision 60 ft.
Low-light vision
Spell resistance 19, 
Breath Weapon DC:  17
Effect:  Endure Elements (this has also been placed on all other PCs)

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
Barkley
For a brief moment, the skulk debates following the man as he tries to swim to safety. It would be a pain in the rear end, though, and that strange little dragon might get eaten by the tentacle monster in the interim ...or worse. Leaping into the fray of said vile creature, it doesn't take him particularly long to dice it into a dozen pieces, which foul up the water in the area with its thick and putrid blood. He sighs, excavating himself from the pool of water, and commenting to the dragon, "...maybe we should coat you in grease, or something? Ooh! Maybe butter? That's slippery."

He compiled a quick mental checklist of their results so far. They'd gathered enough evidence to prove that the temple was definitely not allied with the clergy of Mystra, and it seemed rather certain that the allegiance was instead to Shar. A handful of people had been murdered, but most of them seemed ...guilty ...ish? No real evidence of why they were here or what they had been up to had been gathered, though. As well, they hadn't even found any valuables, which made this a rather poor investment of time. He comments to the others, "I'm going to go, uhh, search for clues?" The preternaturally quick skulk then began to scour the area, for clues.

He started with what seemed to be the bed and personal cabinets of the man who had gotten away via the pool of water, and then made his way back to the room filled with that strange portal. He had found a secret compartment in the altar in the temple upstairs, and he suspected that whoever designed it had also built this one, likely with magic of fabrication and stone shaping, so it stood to reason a similar compartment would be in this one. Perhaps they would be hiding some valuables in this altar as well. Thereafter, he returns to the room of the woman who seemed to be in charge, scouring her bedroom and the adjacent room from top to bottom for valuables.
pre:
[Take 20 (Search 23)] Doing a few searches...
#1 - The room with the bed and cabinet near the boat.
     Bed (4 minutes)
     Cabinet (4 minutes)
#2 - The altar in the room full of bones, looking for a secret compartment like the last one.
     Altar (6 minutes)
#3 - The bedroom and lounge area of the woman who was in charge.
     Cabinets (8 minutes)
     Couch (4 minutes)
     Bed (8 minutes)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

Marcon bel Tern

"It's not actually locked," calls the artificer to his others as he swings open the door. "I think they've done something evil here."

"You're ok, now," he says to the woman. "We'll get you some help."

• Locked thread