Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Buggy Swires

Upon seeing the fire, all other concerns disappear. Mr Downer! Buggy Swires hobbles towards the Boon hole, grabbing a water bottle as he passes the food table, hoping reach the Goose Wagon in time. He places a hanky over his face and crouches low.

if that wagon is gone :arghfist::(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

JP Rothschild

Keeping an eye on the white work van, JP drives to and enters the parking garage.

It's not my car, and it's a giant apartment building with lots of expensive apartments, so even if it's the same white work van I am pretty sure they are not going to attack every Porsche that enters the building every five minutes.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
The Werehouse

Alf

You guide the hippies, Auspolsters, Goosewagoneers, and university kids out the Boonhole. Although the Goosewagon guy doesn't seem as horrified as the rest. More mildly drunk and crouchy, to be honest.

You roll Charisma+Leadership(2+3) difficulty 5 (it's easy to lead them where they want to go!), and you score 2 successes. They hurry out in a more orderly fashion than they otherwise would have. 10 of them are out by the end of the turn.

Swires

You join in with the shocked civilians and make your way out. A middle-aged man waves you through and you're soon outside. The Goosewagon is safe, it's passengers happily watching the flames.

Selene

You join in at the end of the line of people piling out of the Boonhole. It is surprisingly orderly for all the chaos going on, but your main concern is keeping a good grip on greasy jumpsuit guy. Surprisingly, he is not struggling or fighting with you so much. Perhaps the inevitability of his fate has sunk in?

Raj

Seeing that Selene has everything under control with Greasy Jumpsuit Guy Prime, you follow the other werewolf's lead and slam through a wall. On the other side as the fire dissipates, you find you are not in the parking lot with the others, but on the side of the building facing onto the farmland. There, a broad-shouldered farmer with coveralls is standing next to a pickup truck. "Christ almighty, what are you waiting for, get in!" he shouts to you.

You get the same fire damage Coq did: your stamina is 6, the difficulty is 4, and you are trying to resist 1 damage of fire. You get 4 successes. The fire doesn't bug you.

Boon

You emerged from the building almost direct in front of the other two greasy jumpsuit men. The one closest to you draws a submachine gun, but you are too close and too quick. You savagely kick at his legs, attempting to incapacitate him rather than kill him. You shatter both of his legs and he collapses in shock.

You are really close so he only has time to draw his gun. You are attempting to attack using a kick, so you roll Dex+Brawl (4+4), difficulty 7. You get 4 successes, 3 more than you needed. The 3 extra successes translate as additional damage. A kick attack deals Strength+1 bashing damage (Bashing damage is ordinary damage that can be shrugged off or healed within hours for humans, or seconds for werewolves). Your strength is 7, so you deal 7+1+3, or 11 damage. Most creatures can only take 7 damage before they are die or are knocked out. Since you specified a non-lethal attack what happens is he takes 7 bashing damage, and the remaining 4 damage you dealt are translated to lethal damage. He is knocked the gently caress out by the trauma of the attack, and the 4 lethal damage he received means he will probably need to be hospitalized for a long time.

Jarrod

You pick yourself up from the flaming door, and getting your wits about you, you realize the douchebags who did this might try to escape in their van. You run over to the front of the van, and put a giant hairy claw through the engine block.

No need for rolls here, you're just tearing it up.

Dr. Doug

You also pull yourself from the flames, and seeing the assholes who caused all this, you run towards them. On your way over, you see another giant werewolf descend on one of them in a flash. You don't see what happens to the poor son of a bitch. The other son of a bitch sees you coming, however, and has enough time to sling out a submachine gun and unloads the entire clip into you. You are peppered with bulletholes.

He does a full-auto attack. This adds 10 to his normal firearms attack roll (4), for a total of 14. The difficulty of this attack is 8, however, due to the recoil. He scores 4 successes, 3 more than needed to hit you. Those 3 translate to extra damage. The SMG normally does 4 damage, so you are facing 7 damage total. However as a loving werewolf, you get the chance to shrug off even gunfire. Your stamina is 6, and at difficulty 6, you roll 1 success. The damage you take is reduced by 1. You take 6 damage. You are now at Crippled status, and you take -5 to all actions.

Sheer momentum carries you forward on your attempt to murder this rear end in a top hat, but you stumble in front of him.

You are trying to loving destroy these assholes, and the easiest way for a wolf to do that is with a bite. A bite attack rolls Dex+Brawl, which for you is (4+0), -5. You still attempt though, but the difficulty is 10. You do not succeed.

Due to the intense trauma you received, you near that frothing madness once again. Tapping into that inner Rage, you lash out and eviscerate this motherfucker.

Your character spends two Rage points, which I haven't even revealed to you guys that you have. Rage points allow you to take additional actions in one turn. Your character spends one of his Rage actions to heal. Every turn werewolves heal almost any damage they receive. You heal one damage, bringing you to Mauled, and reducing your penalty to -2. Your second Rage action is to repeat your bite attack. You are again rolling Dex+Brawl (4+0) but this time with only a -2 penalty, and at a difficulty of 5. You score one success. Bite attacks deal Strength+1 Aggravated damage. Aggravated damage is a traumatic injury that cannot be shrugged off by humans or even most supernatural creatures, and will take months to heal, if ever. In this case, your Strength is 6, and you deal +1 for the bite, which means you deal his full 7 damage in one turn. He is loving dead.

:siren: Combat is over :siren:

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Selene

Holy, poo poo, still alive! Although this building is hella on fire, and she's pretty sure she heard gunfire just now, and there's a lot of blood all over the place, being alive feels rad as gently caress. Selene takes a moment to draw in a big lungful of (smoke and cordite smelling) air, and looks around to get her bearings.

(haha, Werehouse)

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
JP

You enter the parking garage uneventfully, entering your passcode to raise the gate. You see your car is where you normally park it. You park in the space next to it allocated for your visitors, and you proceed to the elevator that will take you to the 10th floor. You know at the top of the elevator there will be a small corridor with your own apartment door to the right, and at the end of the corridor, the door that leads to the stairwell, and the roof access. Do you have anything in mind you want to do or do you continue on to your apartment?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Raj

XyloJW posted:

On the other side as the fire dissipates, you find you are not in the parking lot with the others, but on the side of the building facing onto the farmland. There, a broad-shouldered farmer with coveralls is standing next to a pickup truck. "Christ almighty, what are you waiting for, get in!" he shouts to you.

Like hell, who the hell is this guy saying to just hop in like we're going to the vet?

Raj lets out a giant roar in the farmer's general direction and stares at the truck, looking to see if there's any weird poo poo in there like the jumpsuit guys had.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

Raj

Like hell, who the hell is this guy saying to just hop in like we're going to the vet?

Raj lets out a giant roar in the farmer's general direction and stares at the truck, looking to see if there's any weird poo poo in there like the jumpsuit guys had.

He interrupts your roar "Shut up, pup, no one's impressed! Get the gently caress in the truck, I don't have time for your games!" He circles to the driver's side and begins to get inside.

There is a sack of manure and some farm tools in the back of the truck.

You feel urgency to kill ebbing from you. Do you want to fight that and maintain that fury or do you want to calm down?

thatbastardken posted:

Selene

Holy, poo poo, still alive! Although this building is hella on fire, and she's pretty sure she heard gunfire just now, and there's a lot of blood all over the place, being alive feels rad as gently caress. Selene takes a moment to draw in a big lungful of (smoke and cordite smelling) air, and looks around to get her bearings.

(haha, Werehouse)

It looks like a battlefield out here. The jumpsuit guy, who you still have with you, upon seeing his dead compatriots, resumes struggling against you, but you have a solid grip on him.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Jarrod

After slicing through the van's engine block, Jarrod feels catharsis, and is less angry

i'd like to try and scavange information for use later

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
Doug

Still in serious pain from the bullets, Doug examines the back of the van, and If it's unoccupied crawls inside.
if it is occupied, Doug flinches away and slams the van doors shut

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Buggy Swires

Swires quickly checks the well being of Mr Downer and begrudgingly, that of Pinochet. He turns to survey the chaos of the burning building, giant dog-men and nitwit students gibbering and wailing.

"Bugger this for a game of soldiers" he says, drains the last of the Angry Dad and clambers unsteadily aboard the Goose Wagon.

He turns back to the group gathered by the burning building, "I'm gonna head over to that bloke's farm house and țry to get the firies on the blower" he yells, pointing down the road they arrived by.

He attempts to fire up the Wagon.

Rolls for drive, expression, etc...

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Splode posted:

Doug

Still in serious pain from the bullets, Doug examines the back of the van, and If it's unoccupied crawls inside.
if it is occupied, Doug flinches away and slams the van doors shut

You crawl into the back of the van, and lay there for a moment. As you look at your body, the bullets that are wedged in your body are slowly popped out, one by one, and the wounds seal up. In less than half a minute, you cannot tell where you were even shot.

As you breathe a sigh of relief, you find yourself shrinking. You revert to human form.

bell jar posted:

Jarrod

After slicing through the van's engine block, Jarrod feels catharsis, and is less angry

i'd like to try and scavange information for use later

With that catharsis comes a cool breeze in your mind, and you shrink down to normal height. You have reverted to human form.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Lizard Combatant posted:

Buggy Swires

Swires quickly checks the well being of Mr Downer and begrudgingly, that of Pinochet. He turns to survey the chaos of the burning building, giant dog-men and nitwit students gibbering and wailing.

"Bugger this for a game of soldiers" he says, drains the last of the Angry Dad and clambers unsteadily aboard the Goose Wagon.

He turns back to the group gathered by the burning building, "I'm gonna head over to that bloke's farm house and țry to get the firies on the blower" he yells, pointing down the road they arrived by.

He attempts to fire up the Wagon.

Rolls for drive, expression, etc...

No rolls necessary, you do so. With the hippies and kids scattering, no one pays much heed to you trying to leave at the moment.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Selene

Is the building dangerously on fire, or do I have a chance to go back in and grab the gourd thingie?

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Doug

Doug risks a quick look out the back of the van.

Is Boon still a werewolf? Can I see him? Can I see Jarrod?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
and here was me expecting the Wagon not to start...

Swires starts his vehicle and sets off, Mr Downer honks in annoyance as the wagon weaves down the road.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

thatbastardken posted:

Selene

Is the building dangerously on fire, or do I have a chance to go back in and grab the gourd thingie?

If you do that, you'd be letting the jumpsuit guy go. Or do you want to drag him back in with you, and try to carry the gourd while holding him with one hand?

Splode posted:

Doug

Doug risks a quick look out the back of the van.

Is Boon still a werewolf? Can I see him? Can I see Jarrod?

I'm going to wait to answer this for obvious reasons. :)

You do notice that the back of the van features empty gas cans, a few guns, and an open briefcase with some papers in it.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Lizard Combatant posted:

and here was me expecting the Wagon not to start...

Swires starts his vehicle and sets off, Mr Downer honks in annoyance as the wagon weaves down the road.

I'm going to say this happens towards the end of this scene, if that's okay with you. I doubt anyone is going to say anything that is going to convince you to stay, but I'd like for the others who aren't online just now to have an opportunity to at least spot you leaving.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Doug

Doug decides not to risk being mauled by 9ft of angry furball and instead inspects the papers in the briefcase. He also does a quick inventory of the guns. How many are there, what type of guns are they, etc. Doug is no fire-arms expert, but he knows the difference between a pistol, a rifle and an automatic weapon

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

XyloJW posted:

If you do that, you'd be letting the jumpsuit guy go. Or do you want to drag him back in with you, and try to carry the gourd while holding him with one hand?

Selene

I'm pretty confident this dude won't get away, less confident I could hold him with one hand in a burning building

Selene kicks the surviving jumpsuits feet out from under him, shouts "Don't you bloody go anywhere, you prick!" and dashes back into the building to try and grab the mysterious gourd. She's not sure why - her mother would call it feminine intuition, her brother would praise her for thinking to collect evidence - but either way she figures it's important, and surely this shlub can't get away before she gets back. Covering her face with one arm, she takes a deep breath and dives back through the hole in the wall.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

XyloJW posted:

I'm going to say this happens towards the end of this scene, if that's okay with you. I doubt anyone is going to say anything that is going to convince you to stay, but I'd like for the others who aren't online just now to have an opportunity to at least spot you leaving.

sure, you could always roll to see if I flip my poo poo into a ditch if you need to stall me

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Raj

XyloJW posted:

He interrupts your roar "Shut up, pup, no one's impressed! Get the gently caress in the truck, I don't have time for your games!" He circles to the driver's side and begins to get inside.

There is a sack of manure and some farm tools in the back of the truck.

You feel urgency to kill ebbing from you. Do you want to fight that and maintain that fury or do you want to calm down?

Raj is calming down just enough to not want try and attack the farmer. But he is still feeling pretty drat angry. His games? This farmer isn't the one who got turned into some giant hairy monster and nearly set on fire! Who's the one playing games here? He can just gently caress off!

Raj looks around for the others, not sure what to make of all this. He doesn't want to let this dodgy farmer out of his sight yet. He tries barking, I guess? Whatever he thinks might sound like a signal to the others that had transformed.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
:boonie:

Suddenly aware of the frightful consequences of his actions, David Boon stands over the fallen goon and howls.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Splode posted:

Doug

Doug decides not to risk being mauled by 9ft of angry furball and instead inspects the papers in the briefcase. He also does a quick inventory of the guns. How many are there, what type of guns are they, etc. Doug is no fire-arms expert, but he knows the difference between a pistol, a rifle and an automatic weapon

A revolver, an SMG, and a shotgun.

The papers appear to have pictures, names, and addresses of all of the player characters who were in the warehouse, plus a couple others you don't recognize.

You do recognize one of the pictures: it was the farmer who you saw in the field before the party.

Intelligence+Alertness (4+2), difficulty 6, to remember the face of the farmer who was watching from the tractor from the first scene. 2 successes.

Bifauxnen posted:

Raj

Raj is calming down just enough to not want try and attack the farmer. But he is still feeling pretty drat angry. His games? This farmer isn't the one who got turned into some giant hairy monster and nearly set on fire! Who's the one playing games here? He can just gently caress off!

Raj looks around for the others, not sure what to make of all this. He doesn't want to let this dodgy farmer out of his sight yet. He tries barking, I guess? Whatever he thinks might sound like a signal to the others that had transformed.

The farmer kicks the engine into gear, and laughs at your barks. "That's not how that's done. This is how you do it." He throws back his head, and howls a strangely wolf-like howl that you wouldn't think a human vocal chord could make.

More importantly, you understood it, as if it was in English. "Gather!" he said.

Every other player in this scene, including Swires, hears this and understands it.

The farmer begins to pull the truck around to the front of the building.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Sir Coq of Nandos posted:

Suddenly aware of the frightful consequences of his actions, David Boon stands over the fallen goon and howls.

With the catharsis of that howl, and your bloodlust sated, you revert to human form.

I think that's everyone except Raj, right?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yeah, I guess I'm still Teen Wolf over here?

Raj

Runs along behind the truck, feeling a lot of the rage dissipate after hearing that signal.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Additionally, I want you all to edit your character sheets.

Under Rage:

Bell Jar and Lizard Combatant bubble in a total of 3 Rage, and add checkmarks for 3 boxes.

Coq au Nandos and Thatbastardken bubble in a total of 5 Rage, and add checkmarks for 5 boxes.

Hambeet, Bifauxnen, and Mills bubble in a total of 4 Rage, and add checkmarks for 4 boxes.

Splode bubble in a total of 4 Rage, but you spent 2. However killing an opponent earns you a Rage back, so you are now temporarily at 3 Rage. Add checkmarks for 3 boxes.

Rage lets you take extra actions in a turn, or shapeshift at will without having to perform a Stamina+Primal Urge roll, and some werewolf super powers require you to spend Rage. You earn Rage back when you take damage, when you see a friend take damage for the first time in a combat, and when you kill an enemy. You also regenerate rage naturally over time. This can be good or bad for you, but we'll explore that the first time it comes up. :) Here's a hint: there's a reason some of you were affected by the gourd sooner than others!

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

JP Rothschild

I enter the lift and select the ninth floor. Exiting the lift, I take the stairs to the 10th floor and slip the door to the 10th floor corridor ajar so that I may look through.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Mills posted:

JP Rothschild

I enter the lift and select the ninth floor. Exiting the lift, I take the stairs to the 10th floor and slip the door to the 10th floor corridor ajar so that I may look through.

You peak through the stairwell door and see door to your apartment is ajar.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Doug

Hearing the howl, Doug puts the papers back in the brief case. He has a quick look around for a holster for the revolver*, then gets out of the van with the briefcase and has a look around.
He's got no idea what the hell just happened, but he suspects whoever just howled is going to have some answers.

If he finds the holster
Doug puts the holster on and takes the revolver with him out of the van.

If he doesn't find the holster
Doug decides not to stick a loaded fire-arm down the front of his pants, but makes a mental note not to forget the weapons in the back of the van.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Jarrod

Jarrod gets inside the now defunct van's passenger seat and starts to rummage through the available space for any information, taking whatever is available before he hears the howl.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

bell jar posted:

Jarrod

Jarrod gets inside the now defunct van's passenger seat and starts to rummage through the available space for any information, taking whatever is available before he hears the howl.

Before the howl, you grab the van's registration information and several receipts for repair history. The receipts say the maintenance was charged to "Stund Co."

Splode posted:

Doug
If he doesn't find the holster
Doug decides not to stick a loaded fire-arm down the front of his pants, but makes a mental note not to forget the weapons in the back of the van.

There is no holster in the back of the van.

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah, I guess I'm still Teen Wolf over here?

Raj

Runs along behind the truck, feeling a lot of the rage dissipate after hearing that signal.

You revert to human.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Jarrod

It's become obvious now that Doug, fiddling around in the back, is kin. Jarrod pops around the back of the van, curtly nods to Doug, and takes the SMG before heading over to old mate farmer.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Buggy Swires

Swires arrives back at the building without knowing why, it was as if something other than the usual drunken muscle memory was piloting the Wagon.

He falls out of the driver's seat but steadies himself.

Looking around he notices one of the men (Doug) has a gun stuffed down the front of his pants. "Hope you've got the safety on that sunshine, or else this'll be a story to tell the grandkids you'll never have. Why don't you let a - hurc! - responsible gun owner take care of that for you."

He notices some gangly, red headed dork waving around a machine gun, "Put the bloody safety on or put the bloody thing down you donkey!" he yells and storms over. "Where did you find that thing?" he demands.

e: sorry Splode, phone posting

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Apr 12, 2014

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Lizard Combatant posted:

Buggy Swires

Swires arrives back at the building without knowing why, it was as if something other than the usual drunken muscle memory was piloting the Wagon.

He falls out of the driver's seat but steadies himself. Looking around he notices one of the men (Doug) has a gun stuffed down the front of his pants. "Hope you've got the safety on that sunshine, or else this'll be a story to tell the grandkids you'll never have. Why don't you let a - hurc! - responsible gun owner take care of that for you."

Actually, Doug didn't take the revolver, as he couldn't find the holster

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

JP Rothschild

I walk to my door and look through. My leather-soled walnut Edward Green oxfords on the 202 last make no sound on the luxurious hallway carpet.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Lizard Combatant posted:

He notices some gangly, red headed dork waving around a machine gun, "Put the bloody safety on or put the bloody thing down you donkey!" he yells and storms over. "Where did you find that thing?" he demands.

"Back of the van, old man. There's no need for safety here. Not anymore. Pick something up for yourself, if you'd like"

The back of the van still contains a revolver and a shotgun

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Doug

"So, does anyone have any idea about what's going on here?
I found files on all of us in the back of that van."
He gestures with the briefcase.
"I'm Doug, by the way."

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

bell jar posted:

"Back of the van, old man. There's no need for safety here. Not anymore. Pick something up for yourself, if you'd like"

The back of the van still contains a revolver and a shotgun

"It's little bantam weight, nut jobs like you going postal that's making Johnny take away our rights mate. I don't want you standing behind me with that thing."

He heads over to the van and retrieves the revolver (and any spare ammunition).

"Who here can handle a shotgun?" he enquires, "I'm too past my prime for this brute."

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

David Boon looms his 5 foot-something, barrel-chested, moustachioed frame over the fallen, critically injured jumpsuited man, hoping to impress upon him that

a) A 9-foot werewolf did in fact just turn into former First-Class Batsman David Boon, and
b) That former-werewolf is perfectly capable of saving or ending his life.

Boon leans over the man, moving his face close to the (hopefully panting) face of the bluesuiter.

"Talk," he says.

I guess I'm rolling for intimidate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Raj

Just for reference, I figure Raj misses out on most or all of what's going on between these guys. Even when he does catch up to the group, he's most interested in waiting to see whatever the were-farmer's got to say.

• Locked thread