Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

I just got this weird sense of deja vu when looking at the screengrab for that video. It reminds me of a street in the neighborhood where I grew up. I'm not really sure what that means but I thought it was interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

KKKlean Energy posted:

where he bemoans unrealistic simulations as teaching people wrong things about how the real world works and therefore leads them to interact with the world incorrectly

Will Wright has been secretly plotting the downfall of mankind since day loving one.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Zteuer posted:

On the topic of parking. Wouldn't parking garages be a kind of commercial building? Also a lot of dense residential and dense commercial buildings have parking garages, so you don't have to make it a parking simulator. Of course some parking makes sense and in particular where land value is lower it would make sense to have big parking lots.

Parking is a pretty big part of cities. I've heard of people buying parking spots in New York City for like hundreds of thousands of dollars.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

anselm_eickhoff posted:

You guys are making me realize the impact of parking on a city, maybe I just have been blind to it because it has never been important in city sim games (that I know of).

In a lot of cities you can see parking lots manned by attendants. People pay monthly fees just to have a reserve space there, or will even pay hourly. These fees are absolutely insane, and will often exceed what a normal person might pay to live in a house for a month. The amount of money generated by these lots has got to be significant.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I've used public transportation in America about a dozen times or more (unless you count a school bus) and every time there was a literal crazy person in whatever vehicle I was in. The kind that mutter and shout to themselves.

• Locked thread