Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009
I'm in the camp that enjoys the traffic sim as much as, if not more, than the city builder itself. Being able to handle lane assignments to a somewhat granular detail would be awesome; bike, ped, auto, etc. Even dedicated emergency/mass transit lanes would be nice to have. Picking the number of left/right/thru traffic lanes would be nice to have too; I can't tell you the number of times I've been pissed off at SC4 because I couldn't dedicate more turn lanes on an avenue that has a lot of left/right turning traffic at certain intersections.

Of course, all this is probably more than your average sim lover would feel like micromanaging and therefore won't make the cut, but a man can dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009
Road repair crews would be really awesome; I don't think any sim has ever done that. Being able to watch as traffic backs up and starts seeking alternative detour routes would be fun to see.

NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009

Poil posted:

You could fund road repair in towns in Transport Tycoon. It spawned road constructions on random straight road pieces throughout the city, completely blocking traffic for several months. Its only purpose was to gently caress over anyone running buses or trucks. :)

Yeah, I was thinking something more along the lines of blocking off two of four lanes in an avenue or one of two on a side street, slowing the flow but not stopping it completely. TT was a whole different animal released something like two decades ago; so I imagine the engine limitations aren't going to be nearly as inelegant.

• Locked thread