Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tres Burritos
Sep 3, 2009

Just found this thread and this game is intriguing as hell just from a technological standpoint. I don't think many (any?) "fully fledged" games have been written in Three.js or Node. It'll be interesting to see how it performs.

Fake edit: poo poo game dev tycoon used node-webkit. Now I have to go buy it just to see how it works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tres Burritos
Sep 3, 2009

Mandalay posted:

I'm worried that performance won't be good since everyone in this thread is suggesting what appears to be every feature under the sun and Good Guy Anselm hasn't really rejected any of them. I want to believe, but unproven technology worries me..

We'll see. I'm also very skeptical of the 50km x 50km target. I would love to be proved wrong but the reason you write games in c++ instead of JavaScript is performance.

Tres Burritos
Sep 3, 2009

KillHour posted:

but it would only be a few lines of code.

Famous last words.

• Locked thread