Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tytan
Sep 17, 2011

u wot m8?
Just wanted to say it's great to see a developer who seems to really "get" what people want from a city builder, and I love that you're taking people's suggestions on board. :)

Just a simple thing and it's probably something you've already thought about, but it'd be great to be able to paint/zone parks instead of having set ones to use. One thing that annoyed me in SC2013 (among many things) was that you could never get the parks to fit nicely next to the roads, they always looked odd. Would be nice to be able to fill the awkward little gaps.

Also, will there be a way to make buildings 'historic' like in SC4, assuming that buildings will be demolished/rebuilt over time? Or will there be an option for ploppable permanent buildings? (Obviously the simulation stuff would take priority over this, but I like my pretty cities!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tytan
Sep 17, 2011

u wot m8?
Nice update. In the video you touched on the demands caused by neighbouring cities, any idea how that will work in the future? Will they require a physical connection at some point (highways, ports etc)?

Tytan
Sep 17, 2011

u wot m8?
Dude that looks amazing. Never thought I'd get this excited about spaghetti. As you said some automatic junctions would be good, and maybe some kind of circle tool for creating nice neat roundabouts?

Tytan
Sep 17, 2011

u wot m8?
Roundabouts! I can't wait to play around with this, it looks great.

Tytan
Sep 17, 2011

u wot m8?

Baronjutter posted:

Yeah he mentioned in the first road tool video that he'll obviously be adding a height option so that his cloverleaf example would actually function. Also I saw so many simcity cities that had crazy loving roller-coaster roads. I thought it was just a basic function of the tools to allow that? You had to do fuckery for that?

They added a raise/lower road option in a later patch. But yeah, if I remember correctly there was no way to do it in the initial release without a lot of hassle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tytan
Sep 17, 2011

u wot m8?
Not sure what I'm more impressed with, the progress (the zoning tool looks fantastic) or the fact you managed to record a video after the Brazil/Germany match.

• Locked thread