Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

I'm happy to see this get its own thread! Traffic analytics and bus routing would be cool, but just even having the basics of a city builder without an atrocious interface or minuscule city limits and always-online requirements would be enough to make me go for the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Where does that music from the Road to Alpha video come from? It's incredibly relaxing.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

More disconcerting, it seems like they're intending to still use a grid system and mention using puzzle pieces like in NAM for stuff like the bike paths.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

anselm_eickhoff posted:

What do you mean, what happened?
I vaguely recall that early on, back when Notch still posted on 4chan, Notch lamented that when he finally hired a lawyer it turned out he was in a world of poo poo. Something to do with promises made to people who bought Minecraft when it was in alpha, iirc.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

anselm_eickhoff posted:

I will try to avoid the "clueless entitled early-access buyer"-syndrome by having very clear disclaimers of what to expect of the alpha.

You could make every loading screen and the menu itself be nothing but text reading "THIS IS AN ALPHA" in German, English, French, Latin, Klingon and Esperanto and people would still complain.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Using your livestream audience as a means to solving programming challenges almost feels like cheating, but drat, that's a good way to use that.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

What if it's sweet tea?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Thread lurkin'.

Volmarias posted:

It's me, I'm the filthy casual who just wants to draw roads and watch cars go by and little houses spring up.
Aww yeah what's up fellow casual.

Now let me tell you all about the importance of switching yards and terminals in a proper urban light rail system, why we need to be able to establish separate color lines with ticketing systems for each zone, and NIMBY influence in political decision-making.

• Locked thread