Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

My battleboo just said "yeah, us. Ma'am. We'll be going to war. Not you."

Iunnrais posted:

I think it'd be cool to start in the 1800s with horses and carts and pedestrians only, and evolve technological advances at your own pace. SC2k's method of tying advance to actual years doesn't work, because you go through FAR too much time in a city sim to get stuff done. But if you could hit a button to advance the simulated era (and bring with it cars [or flying cars!], power plants, etc) I think it'd be perfect.

http://www.train-fever.com

This might be the game for you. I have been following train fever and it seems to be bringing a more realistic approach to Transpor Tycoon, where you start with horse carriages and horse trams, transporting goods and people all the way to electric trains.

I does not have a strong city building factor, but being more like intercity/rural Cities in Motion, with wider eras.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Having the option to build with someone is a huge plus. Games like Anno are only fun because I play them with my wife. In a relaxing, "let's build stuff together"-way a lot of builders get much more. Sim City, as a shared project, is a cool concept.

I don't need leaderboards or competition, but I do want to share.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Has anyone here played Anno 2070? What does the coop "share every button, build together" take away from the game?

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Train Fever looks hella cool. Do we have a thread?

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

People in this thread most likely are interested, since we had a Train Fever discussion in here many pages back. Anselms work has constantly reminded me of Train Fever, so here is a thread about it.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...hreadid=3661095

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

ToastyPotato posted:

Is there a singular place for Skylines news (that kind of collects any and all sources) or is there just like a main page for blog posts?

/r/citiesskyline

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Where has the Public Services like trash, possible road crews, poh-leece and fire-ems services been covered? What is known about them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

I enjoy Kiev ten times more than cities in the American South.