Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CADPAT
Jul 23, 2004

For the men
to my left and right!
:hist101:
OP: First off awesome work. I subscribed to your blog on day one and you've made incredible progress. Its truly amazing.

Regarding one of the previous comments about re-playability/challenge: In previous versions of Sim City, one of the driving factors of the game, (and arguably what made it fun) was the challenge of coaxing your city into developping the way you want it to by using the tools at your disposal. 

An example is, say you want a bustling skyrise metropolis, you needed to invest in a lot of infrastructure while balancing against available income and build up in your city in order to get to the point where you get the high tech and high commercial buildings that make that metropolis as you imagined it.

Many games, as good as they are (Banished for example), lack that deep challenge making them somewhat uninteresting after a while. SC2013 also fell into that trap by basically just making everything easily available, so theres nothing to do after a few hours.

Earlier on you somewhat spoke to this, but what is your plan for making things fun to play and still challenging after a few hours of city growth?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CADPAT
Jul 23, 2004

For the men
to my left and right!
:hist101:
Holy crap that solution to the road network issue is genius. So much better than the tile based NAM stuff in SC4.

• Locked thread